Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    It seems like trading guns right now are at a screeching halt. Wasn’t long ago when you looked at ads on BayouShooter and you could see blue WTT more than you would see green WTS on all types of ads. What gives? I enjoy trading as do most people I come in contact with over the past few years I have been on this site. Now trying to trade with people is harder than finding a leprechaun at the bottom of a rainbow… I realize times are getting tough will “sniffy pedo” in charge, but everyone trying to sell what they have is a huge Debbie downer…. I have had some pretty decent higher end guns for a while and they were the hardest things to move in a long time. I have so many phone numbers saved in my phone from trades and such, but they are all tight as a well diggers anus right now…. Is everyone paranoid about the new aliens they decided to finally admit to? Ok that’s a whole different subject we need to start a thread on lol. I’m heating up the popcorn so we can watch this show. Please play nice boys and keep it clean. I’m just curious…

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I never trade. I want the money and then I'll take that to go buy what I want, when I want.

Besides.... The for sale forum is full of over priced guns. People asking at or near retail. It's not the pandemic anymore.

Why would I buy a used AR for $1500 when I can get a brand new one for less or a little more? Same with the handguns. The shelves are full, companies are lowering their prices and offering rebates.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Me and my Dad use to rent a table at the Centroplex back in the day. He would take all his guns and would trade to get something different. He loved to do that and we came home with some interesting guns at times. My Dad never hardly sold a gun unless he wanted to buy another, trading was his thing. I miss him and going to a real gun show.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Me and my Dad use to rent a table at the Centroplex back in the day. He would take all his guns and would trade to get something different. He loved to do that and we came home with some interesting guns at times. My Dad never hardly sold a gun unless he wanted to buy another, trading was his thing. I miss him and going to a real gun show.
    I’m certainly sorry for your loss. I’m the same way. I’m a disabled Veteran and I can’t do many things without being in some pretty harsh pain. Guns are a very good tool of entertainment for me. As I mostly sit on my couch and hold them, it gives me something to do. Every now and then I buy what I want, but I also enjoy the conversation with people about what they have. Thank you for commenting.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I never trade. I want the money and then I'll take that to go buy what I want, when I want.

Besides.... The for sale forum is full of over priced guns. People asking at or near retail. It's not the pandemic anymore.

Why would I buy a used AR for $1500 when I can get a brand new one for less or a little more? Same with the handguns. The shelves are full, companies are lowering their prices and offering rebates.
    I agree with you to an extent. There are many overpriced firearms for sale. It also seems like every time I do a trade or buy something from certain people their guns are covered in dog hair, dirt, dust, skin, or scratches. I’m not a neat freak by any means, but since I met my wife 12 years ago her phobias of nasty things has transferred to me. I keep my firearms as clean and neat as possible. My wife has no problems touching my guns if I ask her to grab one out of the safe. But if I buy or trade with someone she won’t get within 10 feet of it until I do a deep clean lol. She is just a germaphobe and I understand her a lot better now. I struggle with allergies because of my trips to the desert and now I can’t stand a dirty gun. With that said, I hope you aren’t talking about my ad, because I have my AR listed at $1500. It doesn’t have a single scratch, it is listed under retail, and it only has 10 rounds through it. But mine has been carefully upgraded and is worth more than I’m asking. But one thing everyone should be careful about only because of the alphabet boys watch everyone is buying a gun and trying to sell it because they want something else. I am former law enforcement and Milosz I try to do everything by the book. My son is current law enforcement and I don’t want to set a bad example. Ok I’m done lol. Thanks for responding.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This is what turns me off of trade adds..
    just an example... not here

WTS or Trade
    sale price $500 .......trade value $900

WTF does that mean...... Your item is worth either $500 or $900 , but not either View attachment 143891
    It was explained to me people do this because they would prefer cash. To avoid the countless trade offers they set the bar high. If they are going to trade they only want to be trading up.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It was explained to me people do this because they would prefer cash. To avoid the countless trade offers they set the bar high. If they are going to trade they only want to be trading up.
    It always seems to me 6 of 1, half dozen of the other... "Well, if your $500 AR is worth $900 in trade, then my $200 Taurus .38 is worth $500 in trade." :dogkeke:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It always seems to me 6 of 1, half dozen of the other... "Well, if your $500 AR is worth $900 in trade, then my $200 Taurus .38 is worth $500 in trade." :dogkeke:
    Yeah I think you’re correct. I don’t think I’ve ever personally listed a different trade price than sale price or at least not that I can recall. I don’t mind entertaining trade offers if I’m selling something even if it is for grandpas rusted hand me down or a hi point 380. I politely decline if I don’t like what’s being offered and move along. Well, I guess politely is up for debate on what that actually means these days it’s probably offensive and racist in some way to some but now I’m just rambling off subject.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You know this alone makes me want to post a few up for trade. I’m not opposed to trading with someone but I wouldn’t meet up with just anyone to trade firearms. It seems like recently we’ve had a few different shady individuals pop up looking to buy or trade firearms.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I agree with you to an extent. There are many overpriced firearms for sale. It also seems like every time I do a trade or buy something from certain people their guns are covered in dog hair, dirt, dust, skin, or scratches. I’m not a neat freak by any means, but since I met my wife 12 years ago her phobias of nasty things has transferred to me. I keep my firearms as clean and neat as possible. My wife has no problems touching my guns if I ask her to grab one out of the safe. But if I buy or trade with someone she won’t get within 10 feet of it until I do a deep clean lol. She is just a germaphobe and I understand her a lot better now. I struggle with allergies because of my trips to the desert and now I can’t stand a dirty gun. With that said, I hope you aren’t talking about my ad, because I have my AR listed at $1500. It doesn’t have a single scratch, it is listed under retail, and it only has 10 rounds through it. But mine has been carefully upgraded and is worth more than I’m asking. But one thing everyone should be careful about only because of the alphabet boys watch everyone is buying a gun and trying to sell it because they want something else. I am former law enforcement and Milosz I try to do everything by the book. My son is current law enforcement and I don’t want to set a bad example. Ok I’m done lol. Thanks for responding.

I've never had a problem with buying or selling here. Everything that I have bought was always in great condition and clean. Not sure what there is on a gun that would cause someone to worry about germs. Germ wise..quick wipe down with gun cleaner will probably kill it all off. Just seems that anytime you post up something for sale you make a post asking whats going on with the for sale section.

I was actually not talking about your AR buuut since you bought it up. Looking up prices for a S/A victor 7.5, before they stopped selling them, they were at 800 to 900 tops. The 16.5 inch version can be had for grand..little less depending where you get it. So i can buy a brand new one for $1000ish and if I really needed it...then build another upper and come close to your asking price.

Just for reference...my last three brand new AR purchases.
    IWI Zion 15, Sugar Weasel, and Sionics patrol 3 were all below your $1500 asking price. Yes, yours comes with another upper but deduct that and I still bought each of mine new for really close to your used rifle.

I'm not telling you to lower your price but I sure wouldn't expect a quick sale. If you don't have to sell it, then stick to it and you never know who might go for it.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i have done very few trades over the years. but i also sell very few firearms as well. for the most part i don't purchase unless it is something i'm certain i want. there have been a few that i purchased on a whim and then decided i just didn't care for it or have a use for and sold or traded them off. I have made a few trade offers in the last year or so with some pretty interesting responses. most have been that my offer is only worth x and theirs is worth much more. the funny thing is the retail prices were pretty dang close to one another. apparently my glocks depreciate much quicker than other peoples do...

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have traded guns with a coworker once. I really wanted what he had and he wanted what I had so we traded. I regret that decision to this day, but thats just me. My Dad traded for a mini 14 years ago and we had never shot one before and loved it, but then it went years later, I was so mad at him as I loved that gun. But thats my problem, I get very attached to them and they are generally very sentimental to me for one reason or another so I would never trade them after that.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    It seems like trading guns right now are at a screeching halt. Wasn’t long ago when you looked at ads on BayouShooter and you could see blue WTT more than you would see green WTS on all types of ads. What gives? I enjoy trading as do most people I come in contact with over the past few years I have been on this site. Now trying to trade with people is harder than finding a leprechaun at the bottom of a rainbow… I realize times are getting tough will “sniffy pedo” in charge, but everyone trying to sell what they have is a huge Debbie downer…. I have had some pretty decent higher end guns for a while and they were the hardest things to move in a long time. I have so many phone numbers saved in my phone from trades and such, but they are all tight as a well diggers anus right now…. Is everyone paranoid about the new aliens they decided to finally admit to? Ok that’s a whole different subject we need to start a thread on lol. I’m heating up the popcorn so we can watch this show. Please play nice boys and keep it clean. I’m just curious…

I feel your pain. I've been hunting for older revolvers and rimfire guns for ages now with zero luck.

Lots of folks up to their eyeballs in debt trying to stay afloat. They need the cash for their "custom" AR-15 more than they need a different gun.

I may be an anomaly, but almost all of my classified listings are for trade only, usually with a specific list of the types of things I'm looking for. Without fail I get half a dozen random offers asking for the sale price, or offering a trade that is nothing like I have listed. It's gotten to the point where I stopped responding.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    This is what turns me off of trade adds..
    just an example... not here

WTS or Trade
    sale price $500 .......trade value $900

WTF does that mean...... Your item is worth either $500 or $900 , but not either orView attachment 143891
    Totally agree. Arbitrary, different trade amounts are ridiculous. Some here will differ and defend doing so, but I see no fair or reasonable excuse for it (IMHO).

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Totally agree. Arbitrary, different trade amounts are ridiculous. Some here will differ and defend doing so, but I see no fair or reasonable excuse for it (IMHO).
    I asked the question about the difference in values between sell and trade . I did not understand the replies . It didn't make sense to me . Here's my cash offer or here's my trade . We'll work from there .

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I've never had a problem with buying or selling here. Everything that I have bought was always in great condition and clean. Not sure what there is on a gun that would cause someone to worry about germs. Germ wise..quick wipe down with gun cleaner will probably kill it all off. Just seems that anytime you post up something for sale you make a post asking whats going on with the for sale section.

I was actually not talking about your AR buuut since you bought it up. Looking up prices for a S/A victor 7.5, before they stopped selling them, they were at 800 to 900 tops. The 16.5 inch version can be had for grand..little less depending where you get it. So i can buy a brand new one for $1000ish and if I really needed it...then build another upper and come close to your asking price.

IWI Zion 15, Sugar Weasel, and Sionics patrol 3 were all below your $1500 asking price. Yes, yours comes with another upper but deduct that and I still bought each of mine new for really close to your used rifle.

I'm not telling you to lower your price but I sure wouldn't expect a quick sale. If you don't have to sell it, then stick to it and you never know who might go for it.
    Think what you want

T
    I feel your pain. I've been hunting for older revolvers and rimfire guns for ages now with zero luck.

Lots of folks up to their eyeballs in debt trying to stay afloat. They need the cash for their "custom" AR-15 more than they need a different gun.

I may be an anomaly, but almost all of my classified listings are for trade only, usually with a specific list of the types of things I'm looking for. Without fail I get half a dozen random offers asking for the sale price, or offering a trade that is nothing like I have listed. It's gotten to the point where I stopped responding.
    lol yes I feel the same way. Then there are people like the one who responded to me trying to downplay what I have for sale or trade stating they could get what I have for such a lower price. If you can get it for a lower price then good for you. I and most others can’t. I get dumb offers sometimes also and it is very frustrating lol.

DiverKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    What’s even more annoying is posting something for SALE and getting multiple messages asking if you are willing to trade. In addition to their message, not even mentioning what they are even offering for trade, ha.

If I wanted to trade I would create the proper listing and post specific trade interests.

Top Bottom