Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Less trading, more selling due to the FJB economy and folks needing money. Not much buying going on for sure.
    i do suspect that has the most to do with sales vs trades. cost of EVERYTHING is up and people are letting loose of wanted items in an effort to cover the needs. not every person or family is as well off as the next and multiple pistols and rifles etc. aren't a necessity when it comes down to affording the next insurance payment, dr bill etc. Hopefully those folks are able to hold on to at least enough to defend themselves if they ever have the unfortunate need to.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Look how many adds on BS get bumped daily or weekly that have a $500 gun listed at double the price because the seller is trying to include a bunch of accessories with it. It’s like these people don’t realize that selling everything separately would be a lot quicker most of the time.
    You would think someone that bumps a WTS post every day/week, at some point, would realize they're asking too much. Even without the extras, some of these prices are higher than retail for a used gun. Not many are willing to pay more for an "as new/lightly used" gun than you can purchase the same gun brand new.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You would think someone that bumps a WTS post every day/week, at some point, would realize they're asking too much. Even without the extras, some of these prices are higher than retail for a used gun. Not many are willing to pay more for an "as new/lightly used" gun than you can purchase the same gun brand new.
    I agree and I’ll add if someone did want to buy a gun listed high like that my first thought would be prohibited person trying to get around doing a 4473

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    You’d think. Then they get offended if you do try to make an offer for less than asking. Like I get it might be bnib never fired but guess what it’s still considered used once it left the store, kinda like buying a car!

Now I just use gun deals to find the best price out there. Usually save $50-$200 over what retailers are asking for it and usually cheaper to actually get it new than from the forums here. Evening with shipping and $20 transfer fee youre still saving.

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    Yeap...few for sale posts, same seller, that have been bumped for months and not even a price drop...maybe one price drop.
    Gotta love when they say last price drop and drop the price by like $10 and then keep bumping the thread but posting last price drop. Or they say lots of interest but nothing solid, aka a ploy to try to get you to hurry and buy it in order to beat another person from getting it first if you may be interested at all!

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I use gun.deals It's great for finding the price. I don't get offended by high asking prices, it's just not only cheaper but easier to have it shipped to local FFL for cheaper (even with FFL and shipping) than driving and taking time to meet up with someone somewhere.

Members here know items and prices well. To sell quick, you will have to have something priced well or have something that cannot be just ordered from all the online retailers. If seller doesn't need the money or fast, you can be patient and let it sit or drop the price.

I wanted to add about gun-related items and Ebay. It's such a large market, people do play pretty close to retail for used optics on Ebay-I never understand why. This is even after shipping and Ebay fees. It's just such a pain over meeting with someone local.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Now I just use gun deals to find the best price out there. Usually save $50-$200 over what retailers are asking for it and usually cheaper to actually get it new than from the forums here. Evening with shipping and $20 transfer fee youre still saving.
    I do the same rather than buy used unless it’s something vintage. Transfers are free for me but I also buy from Academy on the card for a good discount, no fee or shipping.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like I get it might be bnib never fired but guess what it’s still considered used once it left the store, kinda like buying a car!

I generally consider the value of used to be about 80% of the value of new. If I don't know the seller, then the history of the item is unknown. And if the used is only 10% less than new, then that 10% is worth paying for a known history. And I agree, unless the seller is a retailer, bnib = used.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    If you're trying to trade or sell something....let me know where you are located. Or have have a FTF in "X" location in the post. Louisiana in your profile is a pretty big place. Something in Slidell or Ruston wouldn't be as attractive to me as something in Bunkie! Not saying you need to dox yourself or give a lat/long, but, "In a cow pasture between Scott and Carencro" gives me a much better idea of where you are as opposed to Louisiana!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you're trying to trade or sell something....let me know where you are located. Or have have a FTF in "X" location in the post. Louisiana in your profile is a pretty big place. Something in Slidell or Ruston wouldn't be as attractive to me as something in Bunkie! Not saying you need to dox yourself or give a lat/long, but, "In a cow pasture between Scott and Carencro" gives me a much better idea of where you are as opposed to Louisiana!

The location down to a general area is a requirement for the ad. Slidell. Baton Rouge area. Stuff like that. If someone only puts Louisiana or doesn't put any location and the mods see it, the ad will be flagged or deleted. If the ad is flagged and the location isn't corrected, the ad will be deleted. So if you see an ad without a location, feel free to report it.

SouthernInsanity

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 31, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm sure it's been said already but for some, it's selling a pistol in order to make room for another purchase. Therefore when you see AND READ a "WTS" listing that says "not looking to trade" then don't both asking that person if they are willing to trade.

I usually look at what i paid, when i paid and then i browse a few sites in order to determine what I'm willing to lose, in order to build back that $$$$ for something else. But yes, there are some that are either asking too much.... or expecting something for nothing.

TacoTuesday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2022
    Ascension
    You know this alone makes me want to post a few up for trade. I’m not opposed to trading with someone but I wouldn’t meet up with just anyone to trade firearms. It seems like recently we’ve had a few different shady individuals pop up looking to buy or trade firearms.
    Not to mention the individuals who seem to fall off the face of the earth once you ask for a serial number on something cheap

Top Bottom