Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    For me it’s a hobby.
    I don’t understand being annoyed by being asked “ are you interested in a trade” or “ what’s your bottom dollar”

I’m not here to make money. When I sell it’s to fund another gun or optic. If I find something I want via trade , great. Just did in fact.

It’s a hobby. I don’t understand all the being uptight POVs.

If my asking price makes you laugh , you’re welcome.

“ I said NO TRADES! Or trades only! ” lighten up, calm down.
    Or just abuse your keyboard.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Speaking of trades, I have a mid 1990s Astra A75 in .40S&W that I'll let go for a custom 1911 in 9mm like an Alchemy, Les Baer, or a Nighthawk :D

Trent17

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2023
    Port Allen Louisiana
    Speaking of trades, I have a mid 1990s Astra A75 in .40S&W that I'll let go for a custom 1911 in 9mm like an Alchemy, Les Baer, or a Nighthawk :D

It seems like trading guns right now are at a screeching halt. Wasn’t long ago when you looked at ads on BayouShooter and you could see blue WTT more than you would see green WTS on all types of ads. What gives? I enjoy trading as do most people I come in contact with over the past few years I have been on this site. Now trying to trade with people is harder than finding a leprechaun at the bottom of a rainbow… I realize times are getting tough will “sniffy pedo” in charge, but everyone trying to sell what they have is a huge Debbie downer…. I have had some pretty decent higher end guns for a while and they were the hardest things to move in a long time. I have so many phone numbers saved in my phone from trades and such, but they are all tight as a well diggers anus right now…. Is everyone paranoid about the new aliens they decided to finally admit to? Ok that’s a whole different subject we need to start a thread on lol. I’m heating up the popcorn so we can watch this show. Please play nice boys and keep it clean. I’m just curious…
    Mike, I take a little offense to this. I had a gun for sale and you offered a trade. I wasn’t interested in a trade, but you assured me that it was a good trade I said OK let’s do it you let me go for multiple days thinking that we were still gonna trade. And the day before you gave me a reason that you weren’t ready to trade. I was patient and you said to give you a couple of days. And eventually you canceled the trade altogether. That happened another time with another person on this site. So don’t say trades aren’t realistic, and that people want too much. In my opinion, the real problem is people proposing trades and then when the seller agrees to trade the buyer find a reason to not trade..

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Mike, I take a little offense to this. I had a gun for sale and you offered a trade. I wasn’t interested in a trade, but you assured me that it was a good trade I said OK let’s do it you let me go for multiple days thinking that we were still gonna trade. And the day before you gave me a reason that you weren’t ready to trade. I was patient and you said to give you a couple of days. And eventually you canceled the trade altogether. That happened another time with another person on this site. So don’t say trades aren’t realistic, and that people want too much. In my opinion, the real problem is people proposing trades and then when the seller agrees to trade the buyer find a reason to not trade..
    I didn’t say trades weren’t realistic at all. I would rather trade any day over just buying. I had every intention to trade with you, but I ran into a financial situation where I need to sell what I have and at the end of the day I have to look out for myself and my family. Trust me I want that Rhino bad! And if something happens and I can make that trade with you I will in a heartbeat! We all have the right to change our minds though. Also I never said people want too much. That’s other people posting that not me. I started this thread just to see how everyone felt about buying and trading.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    This routinely happens to me. List it for sale. Someone asks to trade but they don’t say what they have.

What kills me is this site’s infatuation with using a bill of sale. It’s dumb and I hate it. I’ve sold a ton of stuff without it. If it says bill of sale, I skip over it.
    It goes both ways. I was looking to get a. 43X from a seller on here that had about 5 Glocks, some new, the 43X was.

We settled on the deal for the most part, he was good and answered back instantly. He blew off the bill of sale. I mentioned again I wanted one.

I then let him know I will take the pistol, you tell me the day, but I need a BOS. He went AWOL.

I went ahead and reported him to the site. Perez thought I was complaining about him not selling to me.

That wasn’t it, if a seller is that adamant they won’t do it, I’m not buying.

I at least have a “receipt” of sorts to show when I took possession of a firearm. Just a CYA thing.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Or you could just make a counteroffer for less and see if he says yes... has nobody on here EVER been to a flea market?

Or I'll just buy direct and pay less, get it shipped to my door or local dealer and not have to worry about making plans to meet with someone that could potentially live over an hour drive away.

If you want to sell secondhand stuff, you can't charge more than retail and expect people to meet on your terms.

I'd drive and do that for a "deal", but an item above retail price is no deal.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I am a bit puzzled after reading some of the post here. I don't want to call anyone out as I know there are always 4 or 5 sides to a situation, but....

If some one on Bayou Shooters agrees to a deal, is it against the site rules to back out of it? Or do the admins of the site let members work out issues amongst them selves?

I am not talking about meeting for a deal only to find out the item is not as described. We can have various opinions on condition. I am talking about a firm "Yes, I will" then later back out.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Or you could just make a counteroffer for less and see if he says yes... has nobody on here EVER been to a flea market?

I've listed a couple of things on here before when I searched the internet to find the lowest retail price I could. I put a link to that price and explained my item was used and in good condition and I explained I was basing my asking price on 80% of the lowest retail price I could find. Of course people are going to offer less than the listed price. My reply has always been that I would entertain their offer if they could explain how my asking price was not a fair price.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It goes both ways. I was looking to get a. 43X from a seller on here that had about 5 Glocks, some new, the 43X was.

We settled on the deal for the most part, he was good and answered back instantly. He blew off the bill of sale. I mentioned again I wanted one.

I then let him know I will take the pistol, you tell me the day, but I need a BOS. He went AWOL.

I went ahead and reported him to the site. Perez thought I was complaining about him not selling to me.

I at least have a “receipt” of sorts to show when I took possession of a firearm. Just a CYA thing.
    Why did you report him to Perez? If the guy doesn’t want to do a bill of sale that’s his choice. A lot of people here have openly voiced their displeasure of doing a bill of sale for a private sale so I don’t find it that shocking that someone doesn’t want to entertain one.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I am a bit puzzled after reading some of the post here. I don't want to call anyone out as I know there are always 4 or 5 sides to a situation, but....

If some one on Bayou Shooters agrees to a deal, is it against the site rules to back out of it? Or do the admins of the site let members work out issues amongst them selves?

I am not talking about meeting for a deal only to find out the item is not as described. We can have various opinions on condition. I am talking about a firm "Yes, I will" then later back out.
    That’s user discretion. Bayou Shooter is a host not a lawyer/law enforcement. It’s everyone’s choice to keep or back out of any deals. I mean unless you both digitally sign a contract, it’s just a deal. Deals go sideways in life all the time. Just the chances you take when dealing with people. We just need to honor each other and be respectful….

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That’s user discretion. Bayou Shooter is a host not a lawyer/law enforcement. It’s everyone’s choice to keep or back out of any deals. I mean unless you both digitally sign a contract, it’s just a deal. Deals go sideways in life all the time. Just the chances you take when dealing with people. We just need to honor each other and be re8n spectful….
    That's what the feedback section is for. Self-policing. I've met a lot of people on here and done a lot of various deals over the years with very few problems. I have maybe left 2 or 3 bad feedbacks in 10+ years. I'd say 99.9% of this group are stand-up guys.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

You reported his ad to the site. We thought you were complaining about him not selling to you because the nature of the complaint was that he sold it out from under you. Either you left the part about the bos out of the report and listed the reason for the report something else or you've changed the facts of the story over time from the original complaint of him selling it out from under you to his selling to someone else because you asked for a bos. Nowhere in your report was a bos mentioned.

Here is the report with some personal info edited out.:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Martman300 has reported a post.

Reason:
    Not the way to conduct a transaction

The day this posts, I say I’ll take it, here is my number, since I don’t have yours, then this guy sells it out from under me after I take off work tomorrow.

My exact pm to the seller Monday Night a copy and past, and he sells it Wednesday.

“ok, I am off Friday and maybe Thursday too, have a 1/2 day as it stands. Are you available Friday to meet, or possibly Thursday 1 or so I am thinking.

I’ll take the 43x. My number is (***) ***-****.

we can work out a meet over the next few days. About to go to bed tonight 10:30, I will check back here in the am. Or you can call or text me tomorrow.

thanks,
    *****”
    Forum: Handgun Classifieds
    Assigned Moderators: ****************

Posted by: ***************
    Original Content:
    Since you’ve decided to post this comment publicly instead of messaging me privately, then I will reply so as well.

No, I didn’t bail on you. You’re implying I made a deal with you. Last we spoke you said you were interested and that if we DID make a deal you would be free later this week. That was the end of the conversation. I never responded as you weren’t even sure if/ when you would be able to drive in. I’m not going to “hold” a gun for someone I don’t know or pass on cash today for a “possible” buyer maybe sometime later in the week. I wouldn’t expect anyone to. I never implied or said I would either. Some one local picked this up. I apologize that you feel offended, however trying to air out your perceived grievance publicly is pretty low when you could have just as easily sent me a private message for a response.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
    Top Bottom