felon and firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    Who would a person contact about a possibky paroled felin owning assualt rifles and pistols... i believe they maybe stolen to. Tried the local pd.according to the LEO that showed up- Quote unquote to busy to deal with at the moment will take report, but unless something happens it most likely wont go anywhere... personally id prefer something not to happen......for them to finally do something about it

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    wait....what?

I ran it through Google Translator, apparently he knows of a possibly paroled felon who owns firearms, which may also be stolen. He contacted the local PD who took a report but said it was unlikely anything would come of it. But the OP would like to see this guy arrested before anything bad happens. For that reason, he would like to know whom he should contact if the local PD doesn't get the job done.

IMO...keeping moving up the ladder. If local PD doesn't do anything, call the Sheriff's office. If they don't, call LSP. But before you waste anyone's time, do you have evidence this guy is really a felon in possession of firearms?

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Who would a person contact about a possibky paroled felin owning assualt rifles and pistols... i believe they maybe stolen to. Tried the local pd.according to the LEO that showed up- Quote unquote to busy to deal with at the moment will take report, but unless something happens it most likely wont go anywhere... personally id prefer something not to happen......for them to finally do something about it

Report your neighbors. Be a spy for the new gestapo we don't admit is here.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Call either the FBI (New Orleans Office - 504-816-3000) or the ATF (504-841-7000).

I call the ATF often to ask about projects I'm working on, and they're great guys. The FBI is probably more relevant here in the event local PD is unresponsive. They can also determine - before raiding - whether the subject of your inquiry is a felon.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Great attitude to have. I'm glad you think it's ok for convicted felons to possess firearms.

JR1572

Heck with that attitude I could say I didn't like you so I would just work my way up the system till someone believed me and you went away. Innocent until proven guilty.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Did you even read the post? Possible being key. You add in all the poor spelling and it reeks of somebody just not wanting somebody to be around.

I read the post. If you report that to local LE, they don't just start kicking doors without verifying the information. If it is accurate and credible, the investigation goes further and appropriate enforcement action is taken. If not, it ends there.

JR1572

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I read the post. If you report that to local LE, they don't just start kicking doors without verifying the information. If it is accurate and credible, the investigation goes further and appropriate enforcement action is taken. If not, it ends there.

JR1572

Called cops, no action taken. Read OP. So you think if the first action you take on a possiblity results in something you don't agree with you should keep on going?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Called cops, no action taken. Read OP. So you think if the first action you take on a possiblity results in something you don't agree with you should keep on going?

Depends upon

a) the response from local PD - dismissive? Move up. Thorough? Stop here.

b) how convinced are you that the person is a convicted felon in possession of firearms.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Let's see, either the person is a convicted felon, and LE blew it off, or the person is not a convicted felon. Neither you, nor I, know the answer to that question.

Now, here is my question to you:

If you know your neighbor is a convicted felon and he has firearms that may be stolen in his possession, are you going to say anything?

I know what I would do.

JR1572

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Let's see, either the person is a convicted felon, and LE blew it off, or the person is not a convicted felon. Neither you, nor I, know the answer to that question.

Now, here is my question to you:

If you know your neighbor is a convicted felon and he has firearms that may be stolen in his possession, are you going to say anything?

I know what I would do.

JR1572

You leave out the OP of possible. I don't like my neighbor, I will say he is a felon and call the cops. If they blow it off I will continue on until they haul his ass off. If I know they are a felon sure, but this a possible not a for sure.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Depends upon

a) the response from local PD - dismissive? Move up. Thorough? Stop here.

b) how convinced are you that the person is a convicted felon in possession of firearms.

I saw you get out of your truck with a gun, and you have tat. You are a felon. I'm calling the cops, and if that doesn't work I'm moving on up.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la

I mean really look at the OP. "Possibky paroled felin owning assualt rifles and pistols ------" Sounds like a drunk making a post while pissed at a neighbor.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I mean really look at the OP. "Possibky paroled felin owning assualt rifles and pistols ------" Sounds like a drunk making a post while pissed at a neighbor.

Sooooooooooo you think we shouldn't report people when we think they're committing crimes, because - what? We may have a biased opinion? Of course we're biased! We think he's committing a CRIME!

Hell! I call 911 every time I see a stranger in my neighborhood (with no obvious reason for being so). The local PD is just fine with that. We have about as close to zero crime as is humanly possible.

Last edited:

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Sooooooooooo you think we shouldn't report people when we think they're committing crimes, because - what? We may have a biased opinion? Of course we're biased! We think he's committing a CRIME!

Agreed, but the cops were brought in and didn't follow it up. I haven't seen a basis for saying he is a felon, the cops didn't either. So you want me to call further and further into law enforcement for anything I think is a crime? Once again. I will come to your house and see you with a gun and call more and more authorities until I get the results I want. Is that what you are implying?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

He always writes like that, no reason to assume he's drunk. And like JR said, if the guy is innocent, the OP can call every cop and federal agent in the country and it won't amount to anything. If the guy IS a felon in possession of firearms, then another criminal will be off the streets. So what exactly is your issue?

Top Bottom