felon and firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Sandman I believe the law in Louisiana states that it has to be a non-violent crime; violent felon's gun rights are not ever restored if I am remembering the law correctly.
    That's what I thought, but the wording now makes me think otherwise. It states very plainly "any felony". But I'm not a lawer so who knows. Just reading the link tim9lives provided can be confusing. But english is english and it seems pretty straight forward.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Didnt read the part about recently moved... I moved to New Orleans dec 1

your one paranoid mofo... What agenda do you assume I have?? And how would it ruin his life... If he is a felon and he is found to have firearms well he shouldve known better. If he isn't a felon then nothing will happen.

You call me paranoid but you wonder how to get some guy in trouble for toting some guns into his house. Really. Look in that mirror.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Didnt read the part about recently moved... I moved to New Orleans dec 1

your one paranoid mofo... What agenda do you assume I have?? And how would it ruin his life... If he is a felon and he is found to have firearms well he shouldve known better. If he isn't a felon then nothing will happen.

Sorry misunderstood you, I thought you where saying they just moved in recently, if you really feel that this dude is capable of doing something illegal then do your civil duty and turn him in, the worst thing that could happen is if your wrong they will not be very neighborly. Pissed off neighbors do suck though. So I would maybe wait and feel them out some. Hell why would you move from Hammond to NOLA?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    However, without any credible evidence to support the accusations, they remain accusations. If there is evidence that a law was broken, appropriate enforcement action is taken.

The real world isn't nice, but it isn't all gloom and doom either.

JR1572

At the risk of disrupting our vibe, I like this post. :D

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I'm done with this. I hope those of you that say go ahead and report somebody that you think is in violation of the law never have to deal with it being a false accusation against you. And when it is reported and they don't get the response they expect they keep on going further into the system until somebody scratches the itch they have against whatever in the hell you did that they think is wrong. Good night.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I'm done with this. I hope those of you that say go ahead and report somebody that you think is in violation of the law never have to deal with it being a false accusation against you. And when it is reported and they don't get the response they expect they keep on going further into the system until somebody scratches the itch they have against whatever in the hell you did that they think is wrong. Good night.

That's called "harassment", and you can go after someone for doing it.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Never thought you were. We just have occasional horrible disagreements. Perhaps we're not that far apart.

Anyhow,

Merry and blessed Christmas. Be safe and thanks for your service.

You, too, Motor51.

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    SCAR17S, I don't care about what you said, but your .gif is the bomb!

Who Dat to you? Sir! :rockon:
    Its okay no, I can't force anyone to care, thanks though my gif is the bomb. Oh I don't know if we've covered this since, but the 10 yr things is LA only and it has to be non violent non federal. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out what special consideration one would need to get FFL even after having a Pardon and Expungement.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1930's Germany and 2011 America have virtually nothing in common, so please don't go there. It just makes you sound crazy.

Yes, I've read 1984. Twice. ;)

Um, not so much.

There is PLENTY in common. Many just choose not to see the ominous parallels - the title of another great book, btw, and it may direct u to some similarities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom