felon and firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Exactly...

The government can control my TV? What if I turn it off? Will a Fourth Reich Gestapo thug kick in my door and steal my remote?

You brought up 1984. The primary control device was TV and reporting on the people around you if you saw somthing out of the normal. The third reich started as a police state which asked citizens to report other people which didn't fit in with what they said was right. Everthing you say works against you if you know the book and history in context to what you have said so far. And no they won't take your remote, It would not control anything at that point.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Before you start trying to send your neighbor to jail,,,you should first make sure you know all the facts about the law.
    §95.1. Possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of certain felonies

C. The provisions of this Section prohibiting the possession of firearms and carrying concealed weapons by persons who have been convicted of certain felonies shall not apply to any person who has not been convicted of any felony for a period of ten years from the date of completion of sentence, probation, parole, or suspension of sentence.

Help me with this. I read all the info in the link provided. Unless I'm missing something it basically says for a first offender non violent you get an automatic pardon. If not then a governor pardon is an option or maybe a special permission from the sheriff . But then the way it's worded it seems it says that even for no matter what the conviction if 10 years pass without any felony conviction you could posses a gun. ????????????

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You brought up 1984. The primary control device was TV and reporting on the people around you if you saw somthing out of the normal. The third reich started as a police state which asked citizens to report other people which didn't fit in with what they said was right. Everthing you say works against you if you know the book and history in context to what you have said so far. And not they won't take you remote, It would not control anything at that point.

1930's Germany and 2011 America have virtually nothing in common, so please don't go there. It just makes you sound crazy.

Yes, I've read 1984. Twice. One of my favorite books. It's a great work of FICTION. It definitely makes you think. And no, nothing I say works against me. In fact chances are our thought processes are actually on the same road, but I'm cruising slow and checking out the scenery...while you're pedal to the metal with no seatbelt on. Believe it or not, there's actually a whole spectrum of thought between Conformist Sheeple and Batshit Crazy Paranoid. ;)

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    1930's Germany and 2011 America have virtually nothing in common, so please don't go there. It just makes you sound crazy.

Yes, I've read 1984. Twice. One of my favorite books. It's a great work of FICTION. It definitely makes you think. And no, nothing I say works against me. In fact chances are our thought processes are actually on the same road, but I'm cruising slow and checking out the scenery...while you're pedal to the metal with no seatbelt on. Believe it or not, there's actually a whole spectrum of thought between Conformist Sheeple and Batshit Crazy Paranoid. ;)

I'll take paranoid and right rather than thinking the world is all peachy and being way wrong. And Yeah seatbelts might save lives, but it's still my right not to wear one.

And back on topic. Camel do you know what he was convicted of?

This.

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    No I didn't ask. To be honest it sorta caught me off guard. That and I really didn't know how touchy of a subject it was for her.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Who would a person contact about a possibky paroled felin owning assualt rifles and pistols... i believe they maybe stolen to. Tried the local pd.according to the LEO that showed up- Quote unquote to busy to deal with at the moment will take report, but unless something happens it most likely wont go anywhere... personally id prefer something not to happen......for them to finally do something about it

Also " I believe they may be stolen to" what led you to believe they were stolen? The fact they were being transported into a house by someone who is possibly a felon?

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    Yes that and none were cased.... Most people I know who have assualt rifles or pistols case them when transporting them in the trunk so they dont get banged up...

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Yes that and none were cased.... Most people I know who have assualt rifles or pistols case them when transporting them in the trunk so they dont get banged up...
    You've never been to Sherburn range then. Lots of people tote their guns around in cars withouth cases. Usually the same kind of people that believe the way a rifle is broken in is to just never clean it.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la

Heck I reckon my "assault rifles" that I don't have cases for. Oh wait none have ever assaulted anybody. and my pistols rode in a trunk a good bit with no case according to whatever state we were traveling through at that time. So you are making an assumption off of an uneducated statement and wondering how many layers of police you should contact to make yourself happy? amazing

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    Heck I reckon my "assault rifles" that I don't have cases for. Oh wait none have ever assaulted anybody. and my pistols rode in a trunk a good bit with no case according to whatever state we were traveling through at that time. So you are making an assumption off of an uneducated statement and wondering how many layers of police you should contact to make yourself happy? amazing

I used assault rifles so people would realize I was talking about something other then a bolt action rifle. And your telling me some of you spend money on firearms and just throw them into the trunk of your car to transport them????? Could atleast put a blanket on them or something.. And jet I highly doubt he was exercising his right to open carry.. He pulled out two rifles(happy with the term?) and one pistol...If hes just open carrying he is definitely overkilling it...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Don't you dare agree with me on something.

Why not? I never said the OP was right. I just didn't make assumptions or bring the Gestapo into the discussion. It's called being logical.

I do still think if the Gestapo doesn't follow up, he should definitely contact the SS and see what they think.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I used assault rifles so people would realize I was talking about something other then a bolt action rifle. And your telling me some of you spend money on firearms and just throw them into the trunk of your car to transport them????? Could atleast put a blanket on them or something.. And jet I highly doubt he was exercising his right to open carry.. He pulled out two rifles(happy with the term?) and one pistol...If hes just open carrying he is definitely overkilling it...

So anything other than a bolt action is a "assault rifle" Holy Hell. plus in a vehicle is the same as in home so no special bull needed. I can carry in my truck bed for all the law cares if I don't care about it getting stolen. In a trunk is pretty dang common. The trunk lid covers them up pretty well, why cover with a blanket unless you are hiding illegal stuff? And yeah if I have a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or revolver in my hand on my way to my front door that would pretty much be covered as long as I didn't act like some damn fool and wave it toward somebody, or act like a general idiot, which you still haven't said they did.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Help me with this. I read all the info in the link provided. Unless I'm missing something it basically says for a first offender non violent you get an automatic pardon. If not then a governor pardon is an option or maybe a special permission from the sheriff . But then the way it's worded it seems it says that even for no matter what the conviction if 10 years pass without any felony conviction you could posses a gun. ????????????
    It's a little complicated. Although one receives a first offender pardon,,,,that in and of itself does not restore gun rights. The State Supreme Court ruled that the first offender pardon does not restore gun rights. Bottom line is that 10 years after one finishes sentence and parole,,,,if they go 10 years without another felony conviction,,,,,then they can own a gun. It is always best to check with a lawyer because it is complicated. All of the conditions of the sentence must be satisfied. And,,,this is only if it was a state charge. If it was a Federal Charge,,,,then you can not own a gun. The 10 year thing is only a La thing. Other states do not apply. And I am not 100% positive about the different felonies,,,some are treated differently than others.

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    So anything other than a bolt action is a "assault rifle" Holy Hell. plus in a vehicle is the same as in home so no special bull needed. I can carry in my truck bed for all the law cares if I don't care about it getting stolen. In a trunk is pretty dang common. The trunk lid covers them up pretty well, why cover with a blanket unless you are hiding illegal stuff? And yeah if I have a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or revolver in my hand on my way to my front door that would pretty much be covered as long as I didn't act like some damn fool and wave it toward somebody, or act like a general idiot, which you still haven't said they did.
    I'd consider two SKS as assault rifles, but if you get techincal I guess theyd be assault weapons.... And why use a blanket...So it doesn't get scratched up and such bouncing around in the trunk of the car.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd consider two SKS as assault rifles, but if you get techincal I guess theyd be assault weapons.... And why use a blanket...So it doesn't get scratched up and such bouncing around in the trunk of the car.

"An assault rifle is a selective fire (selectable between semi-auto and fully automatic) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom