Finally doing what i've always wanted to do...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Congrats!

Wait, do they make form fitting uniform pants? :mamoru:

Does THIS answer your question? :o

jmcraw.jpg

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    Congrats... If you ride with Mark on night shift have him give me a call ... I'll drop by.

Steve

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Remember what we talked about, and always remember, not everone is a criminal, but never let your guard down.

Smile, be nice, but have a plan to defend yourself.

Watch this video. While there is truth and factual evidence to the message, watch the dashcam footage. Take the fact that there are extemeists of all types out there, including those who call themselves patriots. AT the end, look at that dead officer on the highway.

Look at that dead body in a uniform, and remember that there is another one dead in the ditch you cannot see.

That guy trained his son to kill people nd he did it without hesitation. he did it to a cop who is suppossed to be the representative of law and order.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_y-gLm9Hrw[/ame]

Other than what we talked about, I will add this.

1. ALWAYS, ALWAYS wear your vest. No matter what. If you cannot, call in sick.

2. Pay attention to the details. Wether it is writing a report, testifying in court, observing behavior on a traffic stop, or interacting with a motorist. The devil is in the details.

3.ALWAYS wear your vest. if you agency does not furnish a Level 3A vest, BUY ONE YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY. Before you buy your cool "POLICE" raid shirt. brand new 5.11's, extra cuff keys, spare mags, or that tactical gear bag....buy the vest and wear it everyday.

4. It is very important to be nice to people, especially on traffic stops. It is apart of your job, and it is the right thing to do. HOWEVER, do not ever confuse politeness with lack of control or command presence. You are in charge no matter what. Poeple can argue and say what they want, but at the point you interact with a person in an official capacity, you control how things go down....just know your **** and do it right. You can be very aggressive and safe and people will never know it because of how you handle it.

TRUE STORY:
    I once was involved in a traffic stop with a guy who the whole time had a loaded 44 MAG under his leg that I never saw. I wrote his ticket and sent him on his way. A few minutes later, another officer in the next jurisdiction stopped him, and he fired shots at him during the stop. A chase ensued and we caught him. When I asked him why he did not try to shoot at me, he said, and I quote. "You were not a fcking asshle like that other guy. You just did yo **** and was cool about it. You wuz doin yo job, ya herd? He was a punk btch"

Let's just say that set it all in perspective for me. That being said, when it is time to lay the smack down, the smack gets laid, extra crunchy. ;)

5. As far as being a reserve, I will say that I have been successful because of a coupple of things.
    a. Never start any **** you cannot finish.
    b. If you do not know, go up to someone and ask for help. It is much more respected than screwing something up and then having to be tracked down to fix it.
    c. DOn;t be a whiner. DO what needs to be done to get the job done. they want you to stand in the freezing rain and direct traffic while FEMA hands out checks to people driving Bens and Bently's (yes, and actual Bently at the FEMA line), then do it with a smile. That is how you end up being picked for the cool details because people know you are a team player.
    d. Maintain your integrity without being a snitch. I know that sounds contradictory, but you have to draw your own line. You will learn very quickly that the academy teaches the way it SHOULD be. You will learn on the street the way it is. Always have aline you will not cross, and....DO NOT CROSS IT.

Hang in there brother. I have been doing it for 15 years, and I really enjoy it. i could have worked full time for several agencies, but I like the flexibility that reserves gives me, and I generally work more than 2x what is required...because I like it.

Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Last edited:

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    wow, never heard of sovereign citizens. Judging by the appearance of the big fella when he first got out of the van it looks like they come in all shapes and sizes too.

Top Bottom