Finally doing what i've always wanted to do...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Always wear your vest. But just as important, ALWAYS wear your backup gun.

JR1572

Both of them.....seriously. Vest and ankle. You just never know. Train with them occasionaly also in uniform and full kit. It is a completely different experience. get an old uniform from the dpeartment or wait until you jack one up chasing a crack head over a fence, but trry to qualify and train in your actual uniform and gear as much as possible.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I understand the good points made in the video. My heart truly goes out to the Chief and his wife, and the family of the other officer that was lost....That was a heartbreaking event, and the Chief is a very strong person for having the fortitude to help others through the telling of his tragic experience....

But damn it- I just can't force myself to support the Southern Poverty Law Center- the makers of this video. They dislike people like us as much as the nutjobs who committed these horrible acts. Believe that. I really wish he hadn't lent his name to them....

I know. "Don't hate the messenger." But still- I'm very surprised they left out mentioning the NRA....:rolleyes:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Curt, Dave, Jeremy......ya'll are some bastards. :D :fawk:

Everyone else, thanks for the well wishes and advice.

Last night was the most fun somebody can have with their clothes on. I stayed out way past when I said I was gonna just because I didn't want to leave.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA

But damn it- I just can't force myself to support the Southern Poverty Law Center- the makers of this video. They dislike people like us as much as the nutjobs who committed these horrible acts. Believe that. I really wish he hadn't lent his name to them....

I know. "Don't hate the messenger." But still- I'm very surprised they left out mentioning the NRA....:rolleyes:

Although I had heard of the Sovereign Citizen movement before, many guys on our department had not, and someone recently forwarded that video which our Lt. played during roll call. About a week and a half later I arrested a chick, stoned out of her gourd on pills, who when handcuffed began protesting that she could not be arrested or taken to jail because she was "SCR," although she would not elaborate on what that meant. While enroute to the station, I dutifully cleansed my hands with waterless sanitizer 'cuz for all I knew "SCR" was contagious, and I'd had to put hands on her to walk her out the business and put her into my car. Once at the jail one of the corrections officers tried looking up "SCR" and said he thought it was "Sovereign Citizens Reunited" or something like that, and a detective interviewing her later (she had been seen pulling car door handles, and we'd had a rash of those types of car burglaries the previous weekend) said that she had indeed claimed to be member of a Sovereign Citizen group. She told him that although she didn't like cops, she would never kill one but other members of her group would. Although she had a MS tag on her car, she claimed to be from Gretna. Sidebar: Anyone from JP/Gretna PD know of a Sovereign group 'round there?

Oleheat: I too don't particularly care much for the extreme left agenda behind SPLC, but when I see a copy of their "Intelligence Report" publication laying around the office, I pick it up and read it. Although they have a very slanted perspective, lots of the information is good in general, and I also consider it a "know your enemy" type of research, considering how they feel about and categorize "patriot" and "nativist" groups with whom I often find myself in agreement with.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Congrats on your new role. I hope the excitement never fades for you. Please stay safe and the only advice I would render, from an "ole headknocker" to perhaps a new headnocker :) , would be to NEVER retreat from your integrity and honesty. It is what seperates you from the animals, the only thing that does so in many cases.

Nolacop mentioned a "line you don't cross". You'll see that line soon enough I'll bet. That means, imo, that you don't let the officers around you cross it either. Stear clear of those who do and don't be afraid to report what you've seen. You'll be the much better for it in the long run, and so will the community you are swearing an oath to serve.

Stay safe and good luck.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell

I went through the spd academy from march till october this year. Im now a reserve in slidell (slidell makes you be post first). The academy is a huge commitment and there is a reason that they are one of the best. I know three nights a week and every other saturday doesnt sound like much but it is. Tons of handwritten and then typed notes (AKA the blue monster, a 4 inch binder that will be full of typed notes by the end). Lots of PT at the beginning...but it will get better. Not trying to scare you, just be ready for a HUGE commitment for 6 months. Im glad I did it and you will be too. Stick it out though, only 50 percent or so of those who start finish I think.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Congrats on your new role. I hope the excitement never fades for you. Please stay safe and the only advice I would render, from an "ole headknocker" to perhaps a new headnocker :) , would be to NEVER retreat from your integrity and honesty. It is what seperates you from the animals, the only thing that does so in many cases.

Nolacop mentioned a "line you don't cross". You'll see that line soon enough I'll bet. That means, imo, that you don't let the officers around you cross it either. Stear clear of those who do and don't be afraid to report what you've seen. You'll be the much better for it in the long run, and so will the community you are swearing an oath to serve.

Stay safe and good luck.

Great advise.

chuckklr04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Pearl river
    Be on the lookout for an old Honda civic painted to look like the "General Lee".

That's me! Look the other way!

Rarely speed. but you never know......sometimes I go 50 in a 45.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oleheat: I too don't particularly care much for the extreme left agenda behind SPLC, but when I see a copy of their "Intelligence Report" publication laying around the office, I pick it up and read it. Although they have a very slanted perspective, lots of the information is good in general, and I also consider it a "know your enemy" type of research, considering how they feel about and categorize "patriot" and "nativist" groups with whom I often find myself in agreement with.

Understood. If something is presented by them that could be useful, why not use it? :)

But yes, that's kind of the problem I have with the SPLC, as well. Most of us recognize the usual BS often aimed at the things in life we hold near & dear. But that is a very smart approach you are taking. It always helps to know how the other side thinks & operates....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom