Finally have my first can

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    ve3ame3e.jpg

After 4 months I finally got my first can. Thanks to Lafnsguy for making this a smooth transaction. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for any special toys. I already put close to 200 rounds through it. Im hooked. Now I need to suppressed everything I own.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    only 4 months? holy crap! Is that the new e-file system? it took me 10 months 2 years ago, my buddy has one of the last paper ones the dealer sent before the e-file, he is at a year.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    ve3ame3e.jpg

After 4 months I finally got my first can. Thanks to Lafnsguy for making this a smooth transaction. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for any special toys. I already put close to 200 rounds through it. Im hooked. Now I need to suppressed everything I own.

I just got my first using Lafnsguy as well and I told everyone I shoot with to never get a can and they were like why and I said because I want like 8 or 9 now!

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Haha yep just get ready. I got my first can like 6 years ago, then got a SBR and had to have a can for it, then got a machine gun and of course had to get a can for it. Now I have a bunch of cans sbrs and my license to deal in them haha.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Ahh. 22 cans, the gateway suppressor. Congratulations your gun budget just got hammered. Nice setup.

If you really want your wallet to blow a gasket, show up at Sherburne on the 23rd. Life as you know it is over.

I never look at a gun the same way anymore without trying to figure out how to suppress it.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    ^your right. I want to suppress everything I have now. I still have 2 stamps I'm waiting on for my .223 can and a SBR for the AR as well, but they both went pending in October and not expected until August!!! And that suppressor was bought before my specter 2. Glad he e-files. I'm thinking either a 30 cal or a .45 can is next.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Take that sucker, stick it on a bolt action 22 lr, fire a couple subsonic rounds high over an empty field... and be amazed. You'll hear "click" and nothing else. Seriously thought I fired a dummy round. Got my Spectre ii in December and haven't fired a single shot without it yet (~2000 rounds give or take). Enjoy man, it's a blast!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah I got ahold of a few subsonics and didn't think it even fired. I could imagine how quiet a bolt action must be. I can't wait to get a threaded barrel for the 10/22.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have the same Ruger LITE pistol and you are right the suppressors are crack. All I had to do was SHOOT one ONE TIME and I went and ordered 4 of them. Since ordering my 4 suppressors, have slowly been moving everything over to "suppressable".

Ruger 22/45 LITE with Bushnell red dot (this thing is ACCURATE!)
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical Takedown
    Sig 1911 Tacops w/ factory threaded barrel option
    Sig SP2022 9mm w/ factory threaded barrel and nite sights option
    Sig 716 Gen2 .308 (adjustable gas is a nice addition for this)
    1942 Mosin Nagant sporter (yes I threaded the barrel for suppressor in our lathe).

3 are Huntertown Arms....Kestrel .308, Guardian 9, Guardian 22R (new one that is smaller, better built, and quieter).
    1 is SWR Octane .45

So I'm REALLY excited to get the cans in and check them all out. Expect detailed comparisons / contrasts of each when I get them in. I still think there is room for one more .22 can as well later on since I have so many guns / rifles in that caliber.

HAVE FUN SHOOTING quietly!

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    ajupu8as.jpg

I got the lite dialed in with open sights right now. I plan on putting the bushnell red dot on it soon though. My gun is so happy to have a suppressor on it, it even shoots happy faces. :)

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    ve3ame3e.jpg

When did you file?
    Lafnsguy filed mine on 11/14 and I still wait. Just curious.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    last one that was approved yesterday was submitted on 11/8. It used to be they would be approved the very next day so anything submitted on the 7th would be approved this day and everything submitted on the 8th would be approved the next. This isn't the case anymore.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    My patience was good until someone sent me an email.

I thought my stamp was in but he just wanted more money ;(

Just kidding, but I will put that paperwork in the mail tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom