Fingerprint cards...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    So, I finally was able to get printed, but the deputy only signed and dated the card. When I look at the example card on the LSP website, they only point out that my DL number and the address and name of the agency that printed me should definitely be on the card.

My questions:
    Do all of the fields need to be completed? Are there any that should remain blank? Are there specific codes I should use for hair color, etc.? I can't seem to find this information on the LSP site, or in the rule book.

I had my prints rolled with ink, but I am already in AFIS. Would this make a difference if my rolled prints are found to be inadequate? Just askin' questions, if any one knows.

I know I can call LSP and ask, but they are closed today, and I was hoping to mail my application first thing tomorrow morning.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    My guess is that as long as the Dy signed and dated it, you could fill in the rest yourself. He probably only did what he had to assuming you could do the rest. Just get the same color pen and complete the form; make it look like the one on the LSP website.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    While I agree with what the papa said...

I would eat the loss of getting it done locally and go to the LSP HQ in BR and get them done there. You need to get a money order, but the time saved is well worth it as there's some approval process that delays prints if it's not from the HQ directly.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    While I agree with what the papa said...

I would eat the loss of getting it done locally and go to the LSP HQ in BR and get them done there. You need to get a money order, but the time saved is well worth it as there's some approval process that delays prints if it's not from the HQ directly.

I wanted to do this, but my work schedule is crazy. I have to be able to respond within a half hour of being called out, which is impossible if I'm in Baton Rouge. I'm only "guaranteed" a few days "off" a month, during which I have a crap-load of other stuff to get accomplished.

I know the whole problem with rolled prints is they have trouble scanning them into AFIS. But if I'm already in AFIS (due to my job, and past shenanigans), shouldn't that be sufficient? Again, just askin' for those that may know.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Being in AFIS has nothing to do with it. You will be entered as a new applicant. They will not be checked against any other prints in the system. If the card is bad, you will have them rejected. If you cannot go to LSP, a least get the, done electronically by the Sheriff's office or a private company.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Being in AFIS has nothing to do with it. You will be entered as a new applicant. They will not be checked against any other prints in the system. If the card is bad, you will have them rejected. If you cannot go to LSP, a least get the, done electronically by the Sheriff's office or a private company.

Gotcha, thanks.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    My local SO has the magic fingerprint scanner. There was still a delay, therefore I took the 3 hours and just ran up there. Can you communicate with your manager to let them know that you'll be out of the 30 minute range for a small time frame? I know when I'm on call that as long as I delegate for the time I'll be out everyone's happy.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I called Troop E the day before we made the trip to ask, just in case, if Jody could get his electronics done here in Alexandria and save a trip... since that was the primary reason of going to LSP HQ.

He knew exactly what I needed/wanted, but said he couldn't do them nor could anybody else. If they were submitted as electronic prints, they must be taken inside HQ.

It was okay, I always have errands to run in the larger cities (read: shopping) but are ya'll saying the guy was wrong? We actually could have had digital prints done closer to home?

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I called Troop E the day before we made the trip to ask, just in case, if Jody could get his electronics done here in Alexandria and save a trip... since that was the primary reason of going to LSP HQ.

He knew exactly what I needed/wanted, but said he couldn't do them nor could anybody else. If they were submitted as electronic prints, they must be taken inside HQ.

It was okay, I always have errands to run in the larger cities (read: shopping) but are ya'll saying the guy was wrong? We actually could have had digital prints done closer to home?

I've been talking to guys around here (Houma/Thibodeaux) and they highly recommended getting them done at the Lafourche Detention Center, because they do them electronically. I don't know if this means they print them to a card to be submitted with your application?

RNshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    I just completed the application in Slidell- I don't hear anyone mentioning the need for passport 2 x 2 color photo; this has to be "authorized" by the tech doing the finger printing (at the time of finger printing). Slidell security (police) was quick to ask if I had brought a photo when I asked them if they were doing finger printing this morning?

I found the health (sanity) questionnaire took money (DR visit) and a wait of two hours. Lastly, be sure you get your affidavits (3) notarized.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I've been talking to guys around here (Houma/Thibodeaux) and they highly recommended getting them done at the Lafourche Detention Center, because they do them electronically. I don't know if this means they print them to a card to be submitted with your application?

Yeah. I was corrected at home too. My husband told me three places in the state that he knows. But all of them were the same distance, more or less.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Ok, so I ate the cost of getting the first set of prints done with ink at TPSO. I went to the Lafourche Detention Center today and got them scanned. The cards they printed out looked a heck of a lot better than the rolled prints.

I figure I'll just send all of them to LSP, just in case. It's not like I have a use for them. Or will that tick them off?

Finally, after a couple of months of slowly gathering everything I need, I can mail my app. tomorrow! And then wait.....

RNshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    Live and learn.

It turns out the Doc doing the "workup" was CCW. He has to make a living too. We had a good talk regardless.

I reread the directions and found them a little vague or, more likely, I read more into what was asked for since I'm use to getting **** tested for security clearances as well as to be allowed on the hospital clinic floor.

I think a physical/psyc. exam should be a requirement though- who in their right mind is going to admit to smoking to pot or other rec. drugs on an application? Also, would you want someone strung out on meth to be carrying and on the street with you and/or loved ones?

Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    Live and learn.

I think a physical/psyc. exam should be a requirement though- who in their right mind is going to admit to smoking to pot or other rec. drugs on an application? Also, would you want someone strung out on meth to be carrying and on the street with you and/or loved ones?

Yeah but do you really think a meth addict is going to save up money to take a class then pay 50 for 2 years or 100 for 4, or just use that money to get meth.

Top Bottom