First C&R Purchase Suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    What would be a good first C&R purchase? A CZ82 or one of the PU Snipers reproductions maybe something else? Is there any good reason to go to the upcoming gun show or is it better to go to one of the surplus houses or gun-broker.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I just picked up a nice Remington 1903A3. I don't know if that should be your first one. But I'm just trying to work my nice rifle into a thread. :)

R Guns has Ex Mosin Nagant snipers listed for $99.

Dave

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    You mentioned " reproduction " in your post . To me , that kinda defeats the purpose of owning a C&R . Do you want a piece of history , or do you just want a cheap gun ?

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    You mentioned " reproduction " in your post . To me , that kinda defeats the purpose of owning a C&R . Do you want a piece of history , or do you just want a cheap gun ?

"reproduction" may be the incorrect term, here is example just looking for some guidance on a good direction to go.

THESE ARE REALLY NICE. M91/30 SNIPERS COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL RUSSIAN SNIPER SCOPE AND MOUNT. THESE HAVE GREAT BORES, ARE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR LEGENDARY ACCURACY. TURNED DOWN BOLT, 5 ROUND, 7.62X54R. COMES COMPLETE WITH SLING AND ACCESSORY PACKAGE........ITEM # M91/30 SNIPER...........$399.95

http://www.mosinnagant.net/sniper%20section/mosin-nagant-sighting.asp

"One of the more interesting variants of the Mosin-Nagant is the 91/30 sniper rifle. A major surplus distributor has imported many thousands of 91/30 rifles, along with a boat load of PU scopes. Their "wizards" (calling them gunsmiths is a bit of a stretch) have cobbled together these rifles and scopes, which are now being sold as collectible sniper rifles. The easiest way to tell if you have one of these cobbled rifles is by the price. If you paid around $300, you can be sure it's one of these, as a genuine MN sniper rifle goes for about $700."

From what I have read these rifles were not originally PU Sniper rifles but are put togethers. I have no problem purchasing a cheap one or a expensive one I just want to be sure if I pay for a original it is original.

dzelenka I have purchased a SG Garand, 4 carbines and a 40x from CMP in the past few months their offerings have slowed somewhat so I decided to start work on the C&R side of the world for a while.

Dave how about posting some pictures of you 1903A3, that should get it into a thread.

Thanks for the replies

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Dave, thanks for the R Gun reference, I am on their site now and the have some interesting items.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Moison Nagant!

+1

Can be had for about $100. 440 round tins are less than that.

What would be a good first C&R purchase? A CZ82 ...

I saw some on classicarms for $200 and they came with 2 mags. Thinking about getting one. Only problem with it is ammo. I saw some brown bear 1K/$220. Other than that the ammo isnt really cheap.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry I had no idea they (R Guns) had a poor reputation or I wouldn't have posted the information. I've never dealt with them.

I'm planning on a separate thread on my 1903A3. But I have some parts ordered before I show.

Dave

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Sorry I had no idea they (R Guns) had a poor reputation or I wouldn't have posted the information. I've never dealt with them.

I'm planning on a separate thread on my 1903A3. But I have some parts ordered before I show.

Dave

Dave, don't worry about it I know how to verify reviews. To be honest I have seen as many goof as bad. I did find an expert on the 91/30 Snipers who will help verify any one I may come across. I have sent him a link to R Guns page and I am waiting on his reply.

Looking forward to seeing the 1903A3.

Thanks

GentleBen

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How about an M48 Mauser 8mm for $350?

Mausercloseup.jpg

Safari, your sig looks like a fighting Blue Jay -- St. Ed's maybe. Or Jesuit.

See my sale add under firearm sales for an M48 Mauser 8mm if you want a collector grade rifle for $350.

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Mausercloseup.jpg

Safari, your sig looks like a fighting Blue Jay -- St. Ed's maybe. Or Jesuit.

See my sale add under firearm sales for an M48 Mauser 8mm if you want a collector grade rifle for $350.

That is Jayson the Jesuit Bluejay, my son is a sophomore at Jesuit.

Top Bottom