Flock cameras, FedEx, law enforcement, and mass surveillance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It's a very old saying, first quoted by Benjamin Franklin... This is why I added the part at the bottom, that the same goes for security... I don't know if you know that or not.

There's absolutely no way that anyone can logically defend this... "Well. What about your phone"... Yes, absolutely; these phones ARE a detriment.. but they have become almost indispensable... Buuut, you can still go without them...and you are somewhat in control of them...

And as far as the phone argument... If they are such great tracking devices, then why do we even need this new surveillance?

You all don't seem to understand incrementalism...

You know, so much has happened; and has eaten into our privacies...under the guise of "public safety".... Do you know whom it was that first started the whole "public safety " thing?..
    Or at least the invasive movement thereof.....? Hitler. Think about that for a second..

Now, I don't know what kind of generational American you are...or if you even are an American... But ask yourself the question: How do you think this would be viewed by the Founding Fathers?

How can many of you purport to be conservatives, and support ideas that are not conservative in nature? I do understand that many of you may not be conservatives....This is now just one more facet of the beast.

I've long been under the impression that a lot of the Hollywood movies are made to get the populace ready for things, or to get us "used to" certain ideas...Orrrr, to condition us, or rewire us... Remember the movie 'Eagle Eye'? Don't laugh. It's not that far of...

As I said in another response..., a large part of adulthood is mitigating what can happen, mitigating the damage of what has, and coping with what we can not mitigate. So, we do the best we can. Yes, we have to have a computer (or phone), no we don't need to put ALL our business on Facebook. Yes, we need laws. NO, we don't need over-regulation; nor do we need the proverbial police state (which we do have). Yes, we have to be able to travel... No, we don't have to be surveilled when we do so... But apparently, we are.

"Everything is made in china", our number one enemy... Yet, all the cool the kids say, "I don't care where it's made...., I just want it to work" Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Well let me tell you, my daughter isn't brushing her teeth with a toothbrush made in china... But rather, Switzerland. Why? Because I took an extra 15 sec., and found a toothbrush that wasn't made by our enemy. Her clothes aren't made in china, my scopes aren't made in china..., my tools are made anywhere other than china .... Does my vehicle have some chips that originated from china? I'm sure. But.... What? We do the best we can...

.....my commitment not to buy things from people that hate us, and that are actively vieing for our dominate spot... . .. Is this going to make much of a difference? I don't know, probably not...but at least I'm paying as little as possible to arm the greatest foreign threat we've known... That's called MITIGATION.

Our government, both national & local is FARRRR from what the founders intended. And thankfully, I juuust barely have enough emotional intelligence to be able to see the VERY slippery slope we're on. I see that one thing leads to the next.

And people always cry about it, once it's too late... Just like all the people that "voted" for Biden...(Or obama) How could they have thought that was a good idea...? Yet, they did. And now .... ? ....It's all relative.... Just like all the geniuses that will quickly vote for Kamala... Yeah, like that's a good idea. But, you won't be able to convince them of that, either... Even after all the damage that will most certainly occur... Even after the drastic changes of the last four years.... Even that's not enough to convince them... Why? Because convincing the people that they've been deceived, is harder than it was to deceive them in the first place.

A Man will walk right straight into hell, both eyes wide open...but not even the devil can fool a dog.

....... Now, if we were only as smart as our best friends.
    Proper use of ellipses: https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/ellipses.html

originalBoom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Alexandria

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It's because it's a disingenuous question... I.e., a ******** question...

I bet it's great to be you... So smart & well informed. Such an all around great guy...
    Thank you. I don't claim to be the smartest person but I have a decent grasp of the English language and performed rather well with on writing assignments in school.

Did you bother to click the link and read what was on that page? I'm only asking because in your reply, you managed to end only one of your three sentences correctly with a period. Honestly, I shouldn't assume that you are purposely using the ellipses incorrectly. After all, your button on your keyboard may get stuck at times and this may be what leads to the multiple periods.............................................................................................

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nope and we need to stop saying that driving is a priviledge. We all pay taxes for the construction and upkeep so driving is a right..

I think you could certainly make a valid argument that driving is a right. Just as the 2nd amendment covers modern arms, the 14th could cover modern modes of transportation. I think a list of issues would need to be address before this could happen.
    -Does that right cover moving at any speed? Should the speed limit be abolished?
    -Should there be an age restriction? Can I send my 12 year old to the store to pick up stuff for dinner?
    -Should there be a health restriction? Can my 80 year old grandmother with cataracts drive herself to her hair dresser?
    -Should there be a restriction on what vehicle can be used? Are golf carts, go-karts, and 4-wheelers good to go?
    -Should there be a restriction on what roads can be used? Is that golf cart good to go on the interstate with those 18-wheelers?

I would say a libertarian knows there are issues that must be addressed and works to address those issues. A sovereign citizen pretends it's already a right and there is nobody authorized to restrict their right.

Last edited:

originalBoom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Alexandria
    Thank you. I don't claim to be the smartest person but I have a decent grasp of the English language and performed rather well with on writing assignments in school.

Did you bother to click the link and read what was on that page? I'm only asking because in your reply, you managed to end only one of your three sentences correctly with a period. Honestly, I shouldn't assume that you are purposely using the ellipses incorrectly. After all, your button on your keyboard may get stuck at times and this may be what leads to the multiple periods.............................................................................................
    Wow.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well we do the best that we can do.... A large part of life, as an adult; is to try to mitigate what we can... This is one step closer. It's amazing to me that the cool kids try to rationalize it anyway they can.

I can simply turn my phone off, or leave it at home...or not use it... Don't act like this is the same thing.
    What are you trying to mitigate here, though?

Sure, you can go places without your phone, but do you? I'd suspect not. You probably haven't removed the microphone from it to prevent it from listening to every conversation you have near it.

Yet, you're concerned about cameras being placed in strategic locations to help identify stolen vehicles, missing persons, or even kidnapping victims?

You're also concerned about where your daughter's cheap toothbrush was made, but are less concerned about the thousands of dollars of Chinese technology in most of the products that you use throughout the day? Sure seems a little hyprocritcal.

Life is a game of pros/cons, checks/balances, and gives/takes. The pro from having these Flock cameras majorly, in my opinion, outweighs any con that people have been able to articulate. But, maybe you know something I don't know. What's the negative in this situation, specific to these cameras that are popping up across the country?

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    What are you trying to mitigate here, though?

Sure, you can go places without your phone, but do you? I'd suspect not. You probably haven't removed the microphone from it to prevent it from listening to every conversation you have near it.

Yet, you're concerned about cameras being placed in strategic locations to help identify stolen vehicles, missing persons, or even kidnapping victims?

You're also concerned about where your daughter's cheap toothbrush was made, but are less concerned about the thousands of dollars of Chinese technology in most of the products that you use throughout the day? Sure seems a little hyprocritcal.

Life is a game of pros/cons, checks/balances, and gives/takes. The pro from having these Flock cameras majorly, in my opinion, outweighs any con that people have been able to articulate. But, maybe you know something I don't know. What's the negative in this situation, specific to these cameras that are popping up across the country?
    The only reason I don’t like them is not knowing where they are. Sometimes I have to take a nature break and big rigs can’t just stop anywhere. I don’t want to be caught on camera while I’m taking a wizz on some exit in the middle of nowhere. The last thing I need is to end up on grandpas gone wild.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't worry about any of that. All that is going to happen whether I like it or not. I don't live a life of wrongdoing.

Hell, if they want to watch me, they'll learn how to dress. LOL
    Even Wikipedia knows
    de9de5a71ac331b609c8940d06d17408.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Now I need to wear my hoodie in the summer and walk with a limp to disguise my walk.

There is never enough restitution for theft.
    The reward for the illusion of safety and security.
    We give up liberties in the illusion
    All is well, until it isn't. Slippery slopes and what not...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The 2025 Louisiana budget is about $49.63 billion. Compared to that, $1.25 million isn't a lot. Someone making $23.86 an hour for a 40 hour per week job would make $49630 a year. Keeping the same proportions, his camera budget would be $1.25.
    This is the kind of thinking that leads to the acceptance of wasteful spending on ridiculous programs. I already despise giving the government my money, seeing them spend it on dumb **** or spending it on programs that expand the capabilities of an already militarized authoritarian police state, while my vehicle is torn apart on the most shitty roads in the civilized world, it's salt in the wound.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is the kind of thinking that leads to the acceptance of wasteful spending on ridiculous programs. I already despise giving the government my money, seeing them spend it on dumb **** or spending it on programs that expand the capabilities of an already militarized authoritarian police state, while my vehicle is torn apart on the most shitty roads in the civilized world, it's salt in the wound.

My point isn't that it's acceptable. My point is that it's pointless to complain about a program from a money perspective.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Even Wikipedia knows
    de9de5a71ac331b609c8940d06d17408.jpg
    Whoever wrote that article used a handful of words but didn't actually say anything, other than calling it a "logical fallacy".

I simply stated my position.

I understand it may amount to a "creeping police state" but I'm not going to let it stress me out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mattland04
    Top Bottom