FNG from Bossier City

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eSKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Bossier City, LA
    Hello from Afghanistan. I've been lurking around the forums and finally took the plunge. I mostly signed up because as soon as I get home I'm building my first precision, long range gun (deployment gift to myself). However, all my friends who are into long range stuff are spread across the country, and I won't have anyone local to shoot with. I've been a regular at Bodcau Range in Haughton since moving to LA, and will be looking for somewhere to learn the precision ropes when I get back (Long Range Alley looks to be the most likely choice). While I grew up shooting, only in the last couple years have I gotten more serious about it.

Aside from the hand-me-down rifles/pistols that rarely leave the cabinet here's what I've got now:

* FNH SCAR 16S w/ EoTech 553 & 3x magnifier (although those optics are currently on my M4 here)
    * Springfield Armory 1911 (.45)
    * Baretta PX4 Storm (9mm) w/ Trijicon Night Sights
    * FNH Five-Seven

Since I've been in Afghanistan I've completed my Gun Trust and will be using this deployment as the wait time for a suppressor for my .22LR guns and the Five-Seven.

Here's the specs on the Precision Rifle I'm building (feel free to try to talk me out of or into anything):

* Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD (.308 / 20" barrel w/ 10" twist)
    * Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS w/ MOAR reticle (Nightforce mounts/rings)
    * J. Allen JAE-700 Stock (already ordered to shorten the wait time)
    * GG&G Heavy Duty XDS Bipod

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    Welcome to the board fellow N.W. Louisiana member. If you want to get some long range shooting going, LRA will probably be your best bet. Caddo Pistol and Rifle Club only goes out to 400 yrds. While LRA will take you out to 1000 yrds. When you get back, let me know and we can send a few rounds down range.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Welcome, I too am in Northwest, Louisiana near Benton. I would love to go shooting when you get back from deployment, thanks for your sacrifice and hard work... I hope and pray you make it back safe.

Best wishes,
    Evan

andy52887

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Shreveport,LA
    Hey man I am from Shreveport,LA and also learning long range shooting.I am a member at Long Range Alley and it is a really nice range with some great people willing to help.Thanks for serving our country and when you get back send me an
    Email trapshooter16@earthlink.net and we can go send some down range.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom