? For the bigger guys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Look at "Duluth Trading Company". They make extra length T-shirts. They also have some different kinds of shirts with longer tails and other clothing items designed to, to quote their ads, "cover plumber's butt" and they show a cartoon guy with his crack exposed. Tacky but effective.

+1 to this if you wear t-shirts. I'd even go as far as to say you might try a size under what you normally wear as they run big on top of being extra extra long. They have henleys, polos, fishing style, and regular button up shirts that are just as long too.

I pocket carry most of the time, sig p238. Sometimes IWB 1911 around 3-4 o'clock, it's the only full size that I've found thin enough to be comfortable.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    So, someone here mentioned something about having a good belt. What makes good belt better than any old belt? I'm thinking a sturdy and durable belt that won't sag too much....what else?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    So, someone here mentioned something about having a good belt. What makes good belt better than any old belt? I'm thinking a sturdy and durable belt that won't sag too much....what else?

I'm having justifying a $100 belt but will take the plunge eventually. I have a very heavy 2 ply triple stitched Carhartt belt that seems to work well the only improvement I could see would be a strip of kydex in between the leather to further stiffen it.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If you want something leather, I couldn't love the Com-Tac minotaur belt more. I wear a Ranger belt /mostly/ now but if you don't want the tactical looking nylon belt, I understand.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    If you currently wear a leather belt, lay it on the ground and see how much of an arch it has. A good quality belt will take a lot longer to get the arch. The arch allows the pants to droop more in the rear for us fat white boys and we have not much ass and a lot of gut and love handles)

VoidSpawn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 26, 2008
    Slidell, LA.
    I'm 5'9'' and about 310 lbs... I carry a glock 19 IWB in an Alabama Holster Co. kydex iwb. If for some reason I can't manage that, I have a Kahr CW9 in a JS Holster's paddle. I carry between 4 and 4:30. Don't usual;ly have any problems concealing. I use either a Beltman leather belt or 5.11 1.75 reinforced web belt.

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge

Gun belts are very stiff compared to normal belts. They normally use two layers of sturdy leather with sometimes a polymer material core. They leather they use is much stiffer than a dress/casual two ply belt.

I got mine from the same place I got my holster and after about three years of use, every single day, it is starting to lose its stiffness, though at the moment its still perfectly adequate. http://theisholsters.com/belts.php

Basically a thick, stiff belt will help prevent the feeling of the holster moving about too much or pulling down on your pant line. They tend to run, $50-100 but if you carry every day, they make a big difference in comfort. This is also something it really wouldn't be hard to make with just a little effort.

Last edited:

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Gun belts are very stiff compared to normal belts. They normally use two layers of sturdy leather with sometimes a polymer material core. They leather they use is much stiffer than a dress/casual two ply belt.

I got mine from the same place I got my holster and after about three years of use, every single day, it is starting to lose its stiffness, though at the moment its still perfectly adequate. http://theisholsters.com/belts.php

Basically a thick, stiff belt will help prevent the feeling of the holster moving about too much or pulling down on your pant line. They tend to run, $50-100 but if you carry every day, they make a big difference in comfort. This is also something it really wouldn't be hard to make with just a little effort.

+1 for Tommy Theis. I don't have any belts of his, but own three of his holsters. When I replace my belt next, I'll be ordering one from him!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Having a good gun belt is easily as important as having a good holster. Supports the weight of the weapon better, is more stable during draw, etc.

You don't have to spend $100 on one. If you're just looking to try one out without a huge investment, a Wilderness Instructor belt (nylon) or a 5.11 (leather) belt are both under $40 and get the job done.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Having a good gun belt is easily as important as having a good holster. Supports the weight of the weapon better, is more stable during draw, etc.

You don't have to spend $100 on one. If you're just looking to try one out without a huge investment, a Wilderness Instructor belt (nylon) or a 5.11 (leather) belt are both under $40 and get the job done.

He said he DIDNT want to hear from the "Buck fiddy" crowd. :nono: :kiss:

But I do agree with skinny here. I have a nice heavy duty leather belt and a nylon "tactical" belt and they both do a lot better than any off the shelf belt out there. A good belt and holster system is the way to go, not just a good holster and an OK belt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom