Forum 4. How long after clearing state

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    Put for a suppersor on a forum 4
    Revived by state on the Septmber 17th
    Got state approved 26th of October

Talked to my dealer every few months or so, he always says just normal ATF waiting.

I know times got longer last year with the Sandy Hook rush.

But how much longer should I be expecting?

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Call the ATF with your serial # that you are getting transferred. Ask to check status of a Form 4.
    They will give you a pending date with them.
    My last one that just transferred was right 6 months and 2 weeks from that date.
    That was a couple weeks ago.

(304) 616-4500

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    Sorry for the bad photos, I have a older droid phone that does do screen shots

I do not know pending date, so I can not check NFA tracker.
    All I know is I cleared state 10-26-12 {312_days ago}
    Just make a around about guess as to when it should have happened.

I called the ATF, about 2_months ago.
    The NFA said they had nothing on me, for me.

So, I txt my dealer....

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    You don't have to know a pending date.
    You need to know the serial number of the item you are having transferred. Should be on the approved state paperwork.
    Call the ATF with the serial number. They will ask you for the serial number. Then they will ask you for your name and the dealer's name that is transferring it.
    If it is not in the system, there is a problem with your dealer.
    Did you make out a $200 check to the ATF for the tax stamp?
    Has your $200 check cleared the ATF for the tax stamp?

Last edited:

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you purchased it from a dealer on a form 4 the only way you wouldn't be able to check on the status is if he purposely circled "do not" allow ATF to provide information to the trasferee in box 9. No dealers that I know of circle this box. Did you pay the 200 tax with a personal check or if not can you verify that the money order etc was actually cashed? If you don't have a way of verifying if it cashed it will be more difficult to figure out what is going on. I would stay on your dealer and make him provide a pending date to you. Make sure you have the serial number correct and I would call the ATF to verify that it is in fact pending. It's very possible he forgot to send it in or that it was sent and never made it to the ATF. If either of these are the case you have been waiting all this time for nothing.

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    I called the ATF about months ago
    as mickey, said I got the Series number, and other info off the state forum.

AT the time of purchase, I gave him
    $800 cash for the superpose, and another $200 cash to take care of the stamp.

Since it has been two months since the last time I called. I will try calling the ATF tomorrow and see if I get a different answer.

Should he already know the pending date? Or would he have to call to get it?

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I guess I'm missing something in the story. You talk about the state paperwork, But did you ever fill out and sign the federal papers? Wouldn't that have to happen before he sent it in to the ATF? And you gave your dealer $200 cash for the tax stamp?

Walterg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just called the ATF to check on two form 4s. They said it takes 90 days to get in the system and then 9 months from when it gets into the system to when it gets approved.

Just doing some simple math that is 12 months from when the ATF cashes your $200 check until your form 4 gets approved.

The wait is killing me!!

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    I guess I'm missing something in the story. You talk about the state paperwork, But did you ever fill out and sign the federal papers? Wouldn't that have to happen before he sent it in to the ATF? And you gave your dealer $200 cash for the tax stamp?
    Yes, if by federal papers you mean the forum_4. Yes
    I filled them out around Fed_3_2012_ish... At my dealers.

I got a forum looking thing from the state, on Oct_26_2012 saving I had been approved by the state

Yes, I gave him cash for the stamp, he said he would take care of getting the money order for me.

Just got off phone with ATF, " We have NO record of that."

Last edited:

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    I just called the ATF to check on two form 4s. They said it takes 90 days to get in the system and then 9 months from when it gets into the system to when it gets approved.

Just doing some simple math that is 12 months from when the ATF cashes your $200 check until your form 4 gets approved.

The wait is killing me!!
    I just checked NFA Tracker and some Feb 2013 pendings for Louisiana are getting approvals now(Sep 6). If tracker is correct.

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    Update

Yet again, sorry my phone does not do screen shots.

I really don't want to be harassing or annoying. To my dealer.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sounds like you need a new dealer. At this point I would start looking at getting my money back. He probably didn't send it in. If that is the case I would definitely get my money back. What can did you try and order? If you found someone with one in stock and they submit it electronically you would be pending in the system the same day. If he just mailed your form 4 off you won't go pending for at least another 2-3 months.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom