Found My G1 Kit!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Not to thread-jack, but what is the FALwise collective opinion on Entreprise built FAL's? I am looking to acquire my first FAL , was thinking about an Enteprise build as a reasonable first FAL. Any reason I should skip Enteprise?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    TX, enterprise makes some very good receivers, they are not a highly sought after receiver/rifle.
    I have been doing some browsing for a few people looking for FAL's at the moment, there are some pretty good eals on Gunbroker right now. In the $850 to $1025 range with Imbel Gear Logo receivers both Imbel GL and the enterprise are the type 3 style receivers. Perosnal I don't care for that receiver (personal preference due to looks)but many people do. TO see the different type style in the Type I and Type II you can check out dsarms And to see the Imbel Gear Logo receiver do a search on Gunbroker for Imbel Gear Logo, or the Coonan on Coonan Again Enterprise receivers are fine, I would highly recommend shying away from Century receiver used FAL's UNLESS it is a very good deal and YOU are afforded the chance to shoot before you buy! Some are GREAT, run like a champ and some have more issues than ANYONE wishes to deal with! Hope this helps!

KT

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    If you want to do some horse tradin for kits and recievers for some assembly let me know. I have all the tools and a small lathe that I can shave barrel shoulders on.

Priciate it, but my Godchildren's Grandfather is a custom Gunsmith... When he's got the time he's gonna throw the barrels on a lathe.

We've got the rest of the tools...

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    TX, enterprise makes some very good receivers, they are not a highly sought after receiver/rifle.
    I have been doing some browsing for a few people looking for FAL's at the moment, there are some pretty good eals on Gunbroker right now. In the $850 to $1025 range with Imbel Gear Logo receivers both Imbel GL and the enterprise are the type 3 style receivers. Perosnal I don't care for that receiver (personal preference due to looks)but many people do. TO see the different type style in the Type I and Type II you can check out dsarms And to see the Imbel Gear Logo receiver do a search on Gunbroker for Imbel Gear Logo, or the Coonan on Coonan Again Enterprise receivers are fine, I would highly recommend shying away from Century receiver used FAL's UNLESS it is a very good deal and YOU are afforded the chance to shoot before you buy! Some are GREAT, run like a champ and some have more issues than ANYONE wishes to deal with! Hope this helps!

KT

To build on this... Enterprise has had some QC issues.

Ask them and IIRC they will tell you the serial number range.

I've had a couple... no issues.
    But this hurts their resale slightly.

Century... Once you get them working they work as well as any other.
    But it's extra work, and this also hurts their resale value. (Comparatively)

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    This is my G1. I bought as a "Divorce" gift to myself.

picture.php

I love it.

Al

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    BEST GIFT I could think of for such a GREAT occasion! Great job and that is a beaut for sure!!! Watch out may get some drool on her from here!!!

Thanks.
    Question. If I put the blank adapter on it, do you think it would shoot standard US GI 7.62 blanks and function? Not that I would do it often but, if I wanted to. Anyone?

Al

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    All these kits...anyone got any lower receiver parts for spare? I need Hammer spring assembly, sear pin, selector lever, pivot release ,...any and all lower parts other than H,T,S, sorry to thread jack..:help:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Yes, that is what the Adapter was made for.
    I have a few adapters around here, I don't use them....just not into shooting "BLANKS" but yes and if I were to shoot any blanks at all they would 100% be GI Surplus!
    Your adapter is somewhat different because it has the lugged type and not the screw on model such as the Austrian Style or Belgian Type, your looks something like

680.jpg

Mine all look like.....

675.jpg

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Yep, I have the blank adapter (like your top pic) I just didn't know if blanks from different countries had different powder charges or some other thing that might cause an issue. (of course I would not use the wooden bullet blanks)
    Thanks for your response.
    Al

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    no different than GI surplus ammo or nato ammo FAL's will eat it, as far as ammo, different countries use slightly different loads therefore different gas regulator settings but usually not by much. That is one of the great things about the FAL you can set it up for the specific load you are shooting.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    All these kits...anyone got any lower receiver parts for spare? I need Hammer spring assembly, sear pin, selector lever, pivot release ,...any and all lower parts other than H,T,S, sorry to thread jack..:help:

Well I just found another kit, I would be willing to let a COMPLETE STG lower in excellet shape go for $220 and that includes the stock and PG, everything is tight and in excellent condition!

I would be glad to ship it to you.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    kajuntriton, my FAL is built on a receiver from F.A.C.
    Do you know anything about these? Good , Bad etc. I have never had a problem with it at all and I have had it since 2001.
    I read a little about them at Arizona Response Systems website (Where, by the way, I believe the guy I bought this FAL from had it assembled) and they give it a review. But, they say that F.A.C. went out of business in 2005.
    Anyway, just wondering what your take was.
    Thanks
    Al

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Yep here ya go.....basically FAC was bought out by by DCI.
    The receiver is now manufactured by Dan Coonan Industries (DCI)
    DCI did have some small issues sometime back but are Good To Go!

If you have one and it runs well on your rifle don't fret, you have a very good receiver!

I personally have a DCI type I built on a Imbel kit, and it has been PERFECT for many rounds and ZERO issues!

OH wait I checked my info and realized YOUR receiver could have some TERRIABLE issues! You should send it to me right away and purchase a new receiver! ;)

You have a good one! ;)
    KT

Also if your riFAL came from Mark (GUNPLUMBER) are ARS, you have a KEEPER! He is probably one of the BEST FAL builders in the states!

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I could post a close up tonight but, I am sure it is F.A.C. Fridley Minn. and then it says DCI industries (Dan Coonan Industries). I can't remember the location for the DCI.

This some of what it says at ARS website:
    Dan Coonan has a long history in the firearms manufacturing industy, previously making FAL receivers on the Dan Coonan Industries (DCI) name, for Federal Arms Corp (FAC) and AK receivers for Nodak Spud. See my review of the FAC receiver, also on this website.

I will post a pic for you though.
    Al

Top Bottom