Free Palestine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wouldn't trust anything the government says without independent corroboration
    While I understand what you are saying, believing something to be false only because the government said something is true is just as dangerous as believing something to be true only because the government said something is true. And you can have an opinion without needing to have independent corroboration. My question was asking for an opinion.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wouldn't consider saying that the information is alleged would be an invalid statement.

Alleged means to claim, without proof, that something has taken place. I echoed the government's number. I did not ask them for proof because the number is not unreasonable and I assume they have proof in this situation. 800k+ Americans visit Israel a year. That's an average of 66.7k a month. To say that 27 of the 66.7k Americans were in a place on that day where they could have been killed is not unreasonable. So it's reasonable to say their numbers are accurate.

So when you say the government is claiming, without proof, that 27 American were killed and 14 are missing, you are certainly expressing your opinion. You're welcome to do that. That's what this board is for. It's just humorous when someone expresses their opinion then, when asked about their opinion, claim they have no solid foundation to place an opinion.

So, if you are able to form an opinion, do you believe any Americans were killed in Israel? If you are not able to form an opinion, should we simply disregard any of your posts in which you shared your opinion?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Alleged means to claim, without proof, that something has taken place. I echoed the government's number. I did not ask them for proof because the number is not unreasonable and I assume they have proof in this situation. 800k+ Americans visit Israel a year. That's an average of 66.7k a month. To say that 27 of the 66.7k Americans were in a place on that day where they could have been killed is not unreasonable. So it's reasonable to say their numbers are accurate.

So when you say the government is claiming, without proof, that 27 American were killed and 14 are missing, you are certainly expressing your opinion. You're welcome to do that. That's what this board is for. It's just humorous when someone expresses their opinion then, when asked about their opinion, claim they have no solid foundation to place an opinion.

So, if you are able to form an opinion, do you believe any Americans were killed in Israel? If you are not able to form an opinion, should we simply disregard any of your posts in which you shared your opinion?
    The information is alleged, coming for government(s) that have a long track record of lying about events that either didn't happen or that they themselves carried out. The burden of proof does not lie on me. I don't have to have an opinion on something to understand that it may or may not be true or twisted in some form or fashion to be used as propaganda.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    "But the Jews will not be pleased with thee, neither the Christians, until thou follow their religion; say, The direction of Allah is the true direction. And verily if thou follow their desires, after the knowledge which hath been given thee, thou shalt find no patron or protector against Allah." (The Cow - verse 120).

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory)."

Interesting stuff from the

"The Covenant
    of the
    Islamic Resistance Movement" https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

Not seeing too much "negotiations" from them.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I think we all need to save all this energy for what could happen here and soon given current world events and 14,000 illegals crossing over everyday.

The OP threw a Molotov cocktail and got the result he wanted.

If **** goes south here on the homeland (especially the LA mothership) we will all need to be on the same side.

Just my meaningless .02

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The information is alleged, coming for government(s) that have a long track record of lying about events that either didn't happen or that they themselves carried out. The burden of proof does not lie on me. I don't have to have an opinion on something to understand that it may or may not be true or twisted in some form or fashion to be used as propaganda.

To say the information is alleged is to say you believe there to no proof to the claim. To believe there is no proof without knowing if there is proof or not is pretty much the textbook definition of an opinion.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    "Verily, the Moslems of either sex, and the true believers of either sex, and the devout men, and the devout women, and the men of veracity, and the women of veracity, and the patient men, and the patient women, and the humble men, and the humble women, and the alms-givers of either sex who remember Allah frequently; for them hath Allah prepared forgiveness and a great reward." (The Confederates - verse 25)."

Curious how the LGBTBBQ folks think about this. "Either sex" seems to imply a binary choice. So, I don't see much if any tolerance for alternative genders and such. Have the supporters of Hamas thought of this?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok...

How about, at least a source that is credible? Until then, it is alleged.....

I guess that means you won't be answering my question. Shocking. :rolleyes:

It's easy to maintain your position when you give yourself the opportunity to dismiss any source with information you may not like as "not credible." The federal government is quite large with a bit over 2.5 million employees. Dismissing them all as "not credible" simply because they work for the government is just as bad as believing they are credible simply because they work for the government.

DeepBlue_7326

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2023
    Texas
    Actually, That's what this is all about.

Saudi Arabia is about to normalize relations with Israel. That would lead to other Islamic states recognizing Israel's right to exist.
    The Mullahs in Iran, flush with $6 billion in cash, can't have that.
    So 600 Israelis were brutally slaughtered. Bought and paid for by Iran.

Now we're risking war with Turkey, a NATO member, as we send a carrier group to Israel's aid.

Blinken stepped in it deep.

Now back to coverage of Commander's bite victims.
    This.

Top Bottom