Freeze +P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Can the public still purchase this at the Baton Rouge Police Supply?

It came up the brand I use at the gym. I was asked by a local LEO where I got it. He was surprised because apparently locally they require LEO ID.

That and mine is coming up on expiration. I need a new can.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I used to buy my wife the little cans with the holster that hooked on her keychain without a LEO ID, but that was at Belsco in Lake Charles before they closed....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I hadn't heard on BS that they no longer sale it publically but the surprise threw me so I thought something might have changed.

I'll probably call them here in a few minutes but Miss Impatient that I am couldn't wait for an answer.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Don't worry about the expiration date, just take your can out in a well ventilated area and spray it, make sure you are DOWN WIND!!! If it sprays fine, your good to go. The actual ingredients in the can don't lose any potency, but the propellant can leak out, hence the expiration date "just in case". Both times I've been hit with it was with cans well past their date, trust me. It works.

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got some from BRPS.... I was a little disappointed... the range is weak but it might have just been the can they gave me. It has since been replaced by some FOX Labs hottest-****-you-can-buy.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My range is very weak. Two feet or so.

It still works but I dumped half a can on Wednesday bike riding. People, keep your dogs secure please!!! One dog probably would have been ok. I hate packs though. Unfortunately a short range, a dog biting at my back wheel and trying to keep the one on the side in sight.... was a real shitty situation. I ended up burning the hell out of my inner elbow. Open pores, sweating, and the aerosole sends that stuff everywhere. (also the situation that prompted the discussion)

Probably not legal to shoot them in their own back yard though.

Also: I do tend to laugh at my own mistakes and frequently share them. Top, down wind doesn't mean squat to me anymore. The trick is don't be too "lazy" to stop and secure it in your bike pouch. Instead, continuing pedaling and shove the can down your sports bra.

Yeah. Shoulda shot the bastards like a Texan coyote.

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I know people who carry wasp spray when they bike. It's hard to be accurate with that little stream from Freeze +P.

I love dogs but people who let them run loose are irresponsible IMHO. Same with cats. Even in the "country".
    :ohreally:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    dogs are sometimes dangerous, but they are being enticed by the prey drive that they have.. its dangerous and scary ... I once hit one on my motorcycle doing bout 70.. split him in half.. coulda been worse... for me..

fox labs is good stuff.. I have a few lock on fox labs.. they throw a cloud for 30 seconds and it will run you out for an hour of a room..

Top Bottom