Frozen EVs in Chicago.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yea the numbers being unobtainable is common across all EV's in the market. Look what the Ford f150 lightnings are getting. one issue is the "range" is done going ~30-50mph with no AC or radio on. Ford motor co had the nerve to alert people with lightnings to NOT use their heated seats and heaters in the Freezing climates as people were losing so much range it was laughable. If you're going 70+ on the highway, expect 20-30% less range. Same as if it's freezing cold. I know someone that bought a taycan turbo S for 200k and traded it in, within a year and only 2000 miles, and they only got 100k for it.
    On the bright side the window sticker in gas cars is known for its accuracy too. (rolling eyes)
    The self awareness of some of these posts is funny.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    On the bright side the window sticker in gas cars is known for its accuracy too. (rolling eyes)
    The self awareness of some of these posts is funny.
    I will say not every one hits the EPA numbers. But in my sample of two cars I currently drive. My Honda gets exactly what the sticker says if not better, I get over 55mpg riding around town. And about 45 on the highway.

Now my Escalade gets 17.5 mpg on the highway but I typically speed and 15 in the city. Think it’s rated 17/19.

Either way 10-15% off isn’t as bad as 30%

This is from my round trip to pick up the kids this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_8409.jpeg
      IMG_8409.jpeg
      517.4 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom