Frozen EVs in Chicago.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    th-2187499086.jpg

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    But we must remember how many billions was made by contractors, politicians, labor, etc…during the research, development, implementation and even when it gets scrapped people will make tons of tax payers money. They knew it would fail from the start. Same with wind, solar…I wish I owned enough land to let them store the blades and batteries that can’t be recycled. Mo money mo money mo! Follow it and it all leads back to 435 people and if course 10% for the big guy. Same with war….We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies. Bruce Dickinson

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Same with wind, solar…I wish I owned enough land to let them store the blades and batteries that can’t be recycled.
    This video shows how wind turbine blades are being recycled. It boils down to one company paying another company to pay to BURN the fiberglass blades!!!
    That’s Recycling ??? More like Eco Propaganda.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This video shows how wind turbine blades are being recycled. It boils down to one company paying another company to pay to BURN the fiberglass blades!!!
    That’s Recycling ??? More like Eco Propaganda.

That's hilarious! I was wondering HOW fiberglass became cement! Probably NO toxic chemicals emitted when you burn fiberglass, amiright?

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    My guesstimate goes like this.
    1 Batteries Don’t Like Cold, even Tesla’s.
    2 it takes longer to charge a cold battery.
    3 more Tesla’s & other EVs using Tesla chargers.
    4 not enough home or public chargers.
    5 Owners not planning ahead.
    My opinion on EVs is they are like Convertibles. Nice for good weather but not practical for everyday. At least not yet.
    Oh, I forgot this one. We have an EV van at work with less than 7000 miles on it. It needs 2 rear tires because of the weight of the battery.
    18025A5F-A4AE-4D2A-B33B-B6B00A27890B.jpeg

Last edited:

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    My opinion on EVs is they are like Convertibles. Nice for good weather but not practical for everyday. At least not yet.
    Oh, I forgot this one. We have an EV van at work with less than 7000 miles on it. It needs 2 rear tires because of the weight of the battery. View attachment 155833
    That gap in the rim /tire is massive. How does it hold air?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Thought Tesla had a built in safety feature called a TSL on its battery's.
    Temperature Safety Low boys, Needs to be charged inside a heated garage.
    TSL is set at 32 degrees, To cold the machine will not allow itself to take a charge as to not damage the batteries.
    It's the fine print that matters the most.
    Can you reference this ? This is no where in any manual, and three people I asked said its not correct.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Oh, I forgot this one. We have an EV van at work with less than 7000 miles on it. It needs 2 rear tires because of the weight of the battery.
    1. You are 100%
    2. Correct, and Tesla has a Pre Conditioning feature for this. You set when you are leaving the house and it warms the battery and interior of the car, and if its got any charging to do it waits and backward calculates when you want to leave and starts only when its ending time will be you leaving.
    3. Yup, they opened up the NACS to three large manufacturers, now Tesla Superchargers will be crowded.
    4. How can their not be enough home chargers. You buy a home charger (or plug into a 14-50 socket at home)
    5. Other EV's yes, but Tesla navigation tells the driver everything, even if they have to maintain a certain speed to arrive with enough charge. It also calculates a multitude of variable, even slope and wind, to calculate arrival charge. It gives an overage (usually 15%-20% charge) to account for stops along the way to the next Supercharger.

Your EV van isnt using the right tires then. Tesla gets 25-30k on tires easily. Why would it need only two rear ? Is the battery above the rear tires only ? They mount them center low.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Wait... Tesla has been out for awhile now. This is an issue now?
    No its idiots at the Superchargers. Its not the tech.
    They arrive with almost dead cars and then the car wont move so they have to push it, then the other idiots are waiting with the heaters on, and in precondition mode, to warm the battery then they zero out the battery and its now a group of dead cars.
    And the Nav system TELLS THEM not to go to a Supercharger that is full, it redirects them when its got heavy traffic, but being humans they ignore it and this happens.
    And the media and the uninformed eat it up as the norm.

Top Bottom