Frozen EVs in Chicago.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Hopefully now the sheeple might wake up and see the light.. But they are so indoctranated that they probably never wake up... They like the smell of the roses but now they will have to sleep on the thorns. .................................... drill sgt.
    Wouldnt the sheep say the same about you ? Indoctrinated to gas cars and refusing to wake up ?

Everybody knows whats best for themselves.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    So sorry for the sheeple that bought into this brainwashed idea as the future...Maybe it is the future but not feaseable right now.. Even now not enough infrastructure to support the EV"s even under the best of weather condition as of now. They loved the smell of the roses and now they get to sleep on the thorns. .................................. drill sgt.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    So sorry for the sheeple that bought into this brainwashed idea as the future...Maybe it is the future but not feaseable right now.. Even now not enough infrastructure to support the EV"s even under the best of weather condition as of now. They loved the smell of the roses and now they get to sleep on the thorns. .................................. drill sgt.
    You realize Tesla has sold over 4.5 million cars ? They work daily.
    The Chicago debacle is one day and one group that the media jumped on.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You realize Tesla has sold over 4.5 million cars ? They work daily.
    The Chicago debacle is one day and one group that the media jumped on.
    Yeah, they work, as long as you can charge them, until the battery will no longer hold a charge, then it's basically scrap.
    All this talk about electrical grids being strained, rolling blackouts, ect, and the addition of electric vehicles seems like great planning coming to fruition.
    IC vehicles may have their flaws, as with any machine, but I think it's safe to say that they remain the superior choice vs electric and will likely remain superior for a while, until our beloved government regulates them out of existence.
    I wouldn't mind test driving one though, they are definitely superior in the performance department vs the average sports car.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    No its idiots at the Superchargers. Its not the tech.
    They arrive with almost dead cars and then the car wont move so they have to push it, then the other idiots are waiting with the heaters on, and in precondition mode, to warm the battery then they zero out the battery and its now a group of dead cars.
    And the Nav system TELLS THEM not to go to a Supercharger that is full, it redirects them when its got heavy traffic, but being humans they ignore it and this happens.
    And the media and the uninformed eat it up as the norm.
    This is probably all true but it doesn’t change the fact that electric cars simply just aren’t as convenient and as efficient as vehicles with internal combustion engines. I like the technology in them personally but it seems like too much of a hassle for every day life. I’m good with standing at the pump once a week for a minute or so and until they come out with electric cars that can rival gas and diesel I’ll stick to vehicles with internal combustion engines.

I look at electric cars like a convertible. Nice to have if you can afford it and drive around on weekends and whatnot but not practical for every day life.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    People not planning ahead. It's like not gassing up your car in advance of a hurricane.
    It’s really not even comparable though to be honest. The lines at gas stations move pretty quickly considering it only takes a minute or two to fill up. Imagine what those lines would look like if everyone was driving electric vehicles and had to wait several minutes for a charge possibly up to an hour.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    It’s really not even comparable though to be honest. The lines at gas stations move pretty quickly considering it only takes a minute or two to fill up. Imagine what those lines would look like if everyone was driving electric vehicles and had to wait several minutes for a charge possibly up to an hour.
    They dont have to. They charge at home.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I especially get a laugh out of the articles of EV owners renting an ICE vehicle for their vacation travels. Now that is surely golden!

But thats not what the article says John. He was forced to rent a car for his vacation because the charging stations were broken along the way.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    They dont have to. They charge at home.
    That's the solution for the individuals with a garage and charging station. What about the people who live in apartments? People who don’t have charging stations at home?

Electric cars are cool but not practical for every day life. Like I said in a previous post I look at electric cars like convertibles. Fun to have but not practical for every day life.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    That's the solution for the individuals with a garage and charging station. What about the people who live in apartments? People who don’t have charging stations at home?

Electric cars are cool but not practical for every day life. Like I said in a previous post I look at electric cars like convertibles. Fun to have but not practical for every day life.
    I always wondered about that. I am not sure how they do it. I'd guess some apartments have them.

I stayed at a hotel a few years ago and they had one in the front parking lot which is strange. I asked the Mgr. why it was there. He said there is a customer who stays weekly with them for years and he asked for it to be installed or he would have to go elsewhere, so they installed it. Apparently Tesla pays for businesses to install them, and gives them a free destination charger.

I'd say 4.5 million people would disagree with you.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom