Fuel tank explodes - Mandeville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Just heard a pretty loud and deep boom that rattled all the windows on the east side of the house. It is probably about a mile away so it must have been a pretty nice size unit.

Still waiting to get some more details, channel 6 gave a vague report( on tv, no internet article yet), it occurred somewhere around 10:30-10:40

Edit:

Apparently it was an oxygen tank in someones car, I had no idea those things could explode like that!

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Oxygen-tank-explosion-210673031.html

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I was just trying to find any info. Definitely was a unique sound/feeling, way louder than a gunshot but sharper than thunder. My immediate thought was some kind of explosion. I would have thought it was something way bigger than an oxygen tank!

I wonder what the second explosion was. It happened about a minute later, a tad bit smaller but same distinct report.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I was just trying to find any info. Definitely was a unique sound/feeling, way louder than a gunshot but sharper than thunder. My immediate thought was some kind of explosion. I would have thought it was something way bigger than an oxygen tank!

I wonder what the second explosion was. It happened about a minute later, a tad bit smaller but same distinct report.

The secondary explosions were supposedly the tires on the car.

From the sound and initial news report I would have thought it was some 500 gallon propane tank or something.

I wanna see a picture of that car, it has to be missing a roof and or trunk at the very least.

Last edited:

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    IMG952775.jpeg

Top Bottom