Future Fords might detect speeding and report you to the cops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't think this will help sales.

"Ford is trying to patent a way for its cars to report speeding drivers to the police.

A patent application from the automaker titled “Systems and Methods for Detecting Speeding Violations” was published by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Jul. 18 2024, and was originally filed by Ford Jan. 12, 2023.

In the application, Ford discusses using cars to monitor each other’s speeds. If one car detects that a nearby vehicle is being driven above the posted limit, it could use onboard cameras to photograph that vehicle. A report containing both speed data and images of the targeted vehicle could then be sent directly to a police car or roadside monitoring units via an Internet connection, according to Ford."

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Looks like somebody at Ford took up Galvanized Nukedum idea on new cars not being able to go 10 mph on the speed limit.

Will Penny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think this will help sales.

"Ford is trying to patent a way for its cars to report speeding drivers to the police.

A patent application from the automaker titled “Systems and Methods for Detecting Speeding Violations” was published by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Jul. 18 2024, and was originally filed by Ford Jan. 12, 2023.

In the application, Ford discusses using cars to monitor each other’s speeds. If one car detects that a nearby vehicle is being driven above the posted limit, it could use onboard cameras to photograph that vehicle. A report containing both speed data and images of the targeted vehicle could then be sent directly to a police car or roadside monitoring units via an Internet connection, according to Ford."

Looks like the woke mind virus has infected Ford.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    I never ever speed. I'm 76 and the only moving violation I ever got was when I was a 21yr old Sailor. I was in San Diego in transit waiting for orders. I got pulled over by CHP and got a ticket for going too slow on the freeway, lol. True story!
    What idiot came up with this idea? Bet you my sweet bippie, they weren't in the sales division...
    I've owned Chevy, Pontiac, olds, & Fords all my life. But after reading this I've absolutely owned my last Ford... No matter if they actually put this in practice or not. Just the idea someone running the company came up with this stupidity.

Beam me up Scottie. There's no intelligent life forms down here!

:run:
    Stupid is as stupid does!
    Forrest Gump...
    If Ford does do this the others won't be far behind doing the same---

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    One important point nobody’s elaborating on: from the article, it’s suggested that these cars will record and report other cars. As in any other cars. People think Tesla owners have it bad with trashy people committing random acts of vandalism, let a few folks get “photo enforcement tickets” (anyone know of Ford gets a kickback on that?) and find out through the court or the cop that it’s because of a tattle tail Ford in traffic…it’ll be open season on Ford-Lincoln-Mercury cars and their owners.
    Yup, just like the way they’re using a network of Ring doorbell cameras to spy on folks and “fight crime”, now they’ll have rolling traffic cam license plate readers and mobile photo ticket traps. Looks like we’re quickly catching up with China. All we’re missing is the drones screaming at us from overhead.

I’ve owned a couple of 1960’s-1970’s Ford products over the years, but I’ve never really been a fan. I reckon selling out their customers is another reason to stay away.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If Ford does do this the others won't be far behind doing the same---
    If they do it and get away with it..
    Anyone have any idea what the incentive is for them? I know the technology has been there, it just hasn’t been applied (that we know of!) why would you potentially p;SS off your customer base by… oh wait, they don’t care. Government bailouts….nevermind.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If they do it and get away with it..
    Anyone have any idea what the incentive is for them? I know the technology has been there, it just hasn’t been applied (that we know of!) why would you potentially p;SS off your customer base by… oh wait, they don’t care. Government bailouts….nevermind.

If it only saves one life!

2A Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2024
    Parents would stand in line to buy them for their ...
    Children who wanted to drive ...
    And if you could set it to notify the parents too ...
    Even Better !
    Gary
    There are plenty of apps and tools that exist that do this without reporting people to the police against their will...

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    How will this be reported to the cops? Not 911 I’m sure but special hardware/software. What departments want to spend more money on this for speeders, Golden Meadow? What happens when this system is hacked? Is this going to be for All Fords or just high end? How many cops & politicians will steer clear of Fords so they don’t self incriminate?
    Fords new slogan “Ford working for Big Brother”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom