Future Fords might detect speeding and report you to the cops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As someone who always obeys the speed laws and has never had a ticket, I believe this would produce so many calls to police that they would never be able to respond to hardly any of them. Just like now when almost everyone I see on the road is speeding and nothing is ever done about it.

And if they did report, the speeder would be gone by the time the cops got there.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Its interesting the liberal dipshits of the Ford Motor Division's marketing team took time from propagandizing plastic straws, sugary drinks, and plastic bags to try and turn their cars into the snitches they aspire to become. Cant they just circle back to cigarettes for a while and leave us alone.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    UNpopular opinion: INCOMING

(And I mean this s**t)

As for the title of this thread: Praise God

You drive in morning traffic?
    I sometimes do. Just run the speed limit and manage your time better, PLEASE.

This won't happen because nothing productive will come from this. By the time the cops are dispatched to the location, the speeding car will be long gone and the call will be marked as unfounded. If someone is actually caught and gets a ticket, they'd be dumb to not fight it. The cop can't testify to seeing you commit the infraction. And how often will you be required to bring your car in for calibration?

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    This won't happen because nothing productive will come from this. By the time the cops are dispatched to the location, the speeding car will be long gone and the call will be marked as unfounded. If someone is actually caught and gets a ticket, they'd be dumb to not fight it. The cop can't testify to seeing you commit the infraction. And how often will you be required to bring your car in for calibration?
    Thank you for your wisdom, but it is still a problem, and a problem that will never be resolved.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    You LEOs (or other government people) know even better than we do, the death that occurs on our roads. Many LEOs have to see that death that happens all too often. You can see my deleted posts. Not only do I see so much that I have seen throughout my decades, but recent days, I have mourned.

2tix2gunshow

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    But they will still want to charge extra for the Shelby package. It’s called having your cake and eating it to. They want to upsell you engines for profit but blame you for speeding.

Why not just put a speed limiter in the cars??? Why make cars that can go 140 and then rattle to law enforcement??

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Now if the car sent information on the vehicles driving "at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic" or the vehicles in the left hand lane driving "at a speed slower than any vehicle traveling to its right on the same roadway" I'd consider buying it

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is very hard for me to see individual liberties survive the test of time in the digital age.

Tech companies have given up on trying to convert the stalwarts over 50. We will eventually die out! They have the proof (and the billions of dollars in profit), the young are surrendering their freedoms to them (and government), without a fight!

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    It is very hard for me to see individual liberties survive the test of time in the digital age.

Tech companies have given up on trying to convert the stalwarts over 50. We will eventually die out! They have the proof (and the billions of dollars in profit), the young are surrendering their freedoms to them (and government), without a fight!
    Frogs in the pot never notice the heat. Even with the 2A crowd I watch as people, young and over 50, happily assume the 'little bit' they give is not going to hurt.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Frogs in the pot never notice the heat. Even with the 2A crowd I watch as people, young and over 50, happily assume the 'little bit' they give is not going to hurt.
    While I completely agree with you here, I also agree that there are things going on that should be addressed. We are a nation of laws, and while it can be stated "there are too many laws" (I'd agree), there are other dangerous problems that the general public would benefit from if those problems were properly addressed.

If you don't already, go take a drive in morning traffic from about 4 a.m. to about 8 a.m., and just on interstates. That's a 4-hour span. 2 hours each way. Run the speed limit when you can, and use cruise control whenever possible. That will show you some things.

It would possibly be more safe for me to speed with the traffic.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    If they do it and get away with it..
    Anyone have any idea what the incentive is for them? I know the technology has been there, it just hasn’t been applied (that we know of!) why would you potentially p;SS off your customer base by… oh wait, they don’t care. Government bailouts….nevermind.
    Ford Did Not take a bailout when GMC and Chrysler did.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    As someone who always obeys the speed laws and has never had a ticket, I believe this would produce so many calls to police that they would never be able to respond to hardly any of them. Just like now when almost everyone I see on the road is speeding and nothing is ever done about it.
    They would just mail you a ticket and fine your social credit system. The fine would enrich some shitty corporation run by a foreign CEO would be mostly automated.

Ggk308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Kiln, MS
    If it only saves o
    This is why we need kill switches in cars, that way the cops can killem, (the car not the driver) lol
    If it only saves one life!
    Ford doesn’t want to put it in their cars, they want the first patent on it so they can make money off the patent and the system which will be adaptable to much more than automobiles. And of course selling the systems to those that would actually want it in their vehicles. The Dems will be super excited to have them so when they get passed on the highway and they feel like they have just been mistreated and prejudiced against they will have yet another way to get what they want without having to do anything for themselves.
    If it only saves one life!

Top Bottom