Gary Plauche, Man Who Shot Child Molestor at BR Airport in 1984 has Died

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I guess the criminal justice system should have done a better job protecting the molester. I know quite a few good men who would have acted the same in this situation if it was MY kid that had been violated, and I would do the same for their children as well. Rapists and child molesters have stepped too far out of the circle to still stand under the umbrella of society.

This was in 1984! These scumbags were still semi-sorta in the shadows back then. In fact, this particular story kind of opened people's eyes to these slime. Now they are so brazen it's scary!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    We all have a responsibility to protect children and what Gary did should be applauded. Gary was very lucky to not have hurt anyone besides his target; the judge's sentencing would have been very different had an LEO or bystander been injured during the event. The criminal justice system is at times ineffective and sometimes just flat out wrong; while I believe in the spirit of law I feel we must act without regard to consequences when protecting our loved ones.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    We all have a responsibility to protect children and what Gary did should be applauded. Gary was very lucky to not have hurt anyone besides his target; the judge's sentencing would have been very different had an LEO or bystander been injured during the event. The criminal justice system is at times ineffective and sometimes just flat out wrong; while I believe in the spirit of law I feel we must act without regard to consequences when protecting our loved ones.

Is that what you want people to say when you are being accused of a crime?

Remember, it is not like he was tried and convicted. Furthermore, even though he was probably as guilty as could be, stepping outside the system like that corrodes the system for all.

I am not saying he didn't "deserve it", I am just saying this kind of behavior erodes the integrity of the criminal justice system.

It really is not better than gangbangers killing each other over "respecket!"

Just because it is done under the name of "justice" does not make it justice. Justice would have been allowing that probable molestor to be tried and convicted.

Just saying that condoning vigilantism sends a message that the system does not work. When the system is abandoned, so are your 4th, 5th, etc protections.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Remember, it is not like he was tried and convicted. Furthermore, even though he was probably as guilty as could be, stepping outside the system like that corrodes the system for all.

I am not saying he didn't "deserve it", I am just saying this kind of behavior erodes the integrity of the criminal justice system.

Just because it is done under the name of "justice" does not make it justice. Justice would have been allowing that probable molestor to be tried and convicted.

Just saying that condoning vigilantism sends a message that the system does not work. When the system is abandoned, so are your 4th, 5th, etc protections.

You mean it starts to make people think like these two?

[video]<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=3855937226001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>[video]

Ferguson Update

Guests:Rev. Dr. Robert Scott & Bishop Geoffrey Dudley
    According to a Washington Post report, a number of folks have come forward to confirm Officer Darren Wilson's story that Ferguson teenager Michael Brown was attacking him when the shooting occurred. The Post says the people won't speak publicly though for fear of their safety.

Rev. Scott contended there are three sides to the story: Michael Brown's side, Darren Wilson's side, and the truth. He expressed that he's struggling with the information being leaked to newspapers. The Factor reminded him that liberal newspapers like the Washington Post don't generally favor the police over the victim.

Bishop Dudley doesn't know how much faith we can put in leaks that are being provided to the newspapers. He urged the community to come together, despite the new narrative coming out. He said he's not prepared to accept no indictment because the path to truth and justice comes by looking at both sides of the story. The Factor stressed that hard forensic evidence can't be disputed and must ultimately be accepted.

Last edited:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA

Very True

WolfBrother

I am a Sheep Dog
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I remember seeing it on the 6P news. I thought good for him. One thing I do remember was one reporter asking who leaked the arrival time to the shooter. Not much came of it. Notice how there were plenty of news vultures around to film/report on the return.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom