Generic Election Thread (Threads merged, all election posts go here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Somewhere hidden in the back of his narcississtic mind, Obama has to be thinking 'oh ****- now what??'

I must admit, I feel sickened by what I saw last night. But I'd feel even worse if the libs have gotten control of the House- and a 60 votes in the Senate.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I propose the barter system be put in place and we stop paying taxes as quickly and legally as possible. If I had a kid running up my credit cards, and I didn't stop the behavior, and kept paying the bills and rewarding the bad behavior, I deserve to be broke. So why then, are we rewarding the government to continue spending without consequences?

because In this case, are son is spending money on us to keep us happy, while he pi**es the rest of the money away on his stuff

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I know numerous business owners who are going to remain as they are and not expand. Fewer people will be hired. Debt will continue to mount up. The economy will sputter along as the eaters throw one big party. Then when the dollar ceases to have any value and our creditors come for their money That's when things are going to get real.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Any thoughts on what will happen with the military? Does force shaping continue? Does the retirement plan stick? Do we go to war against Israel? I've got all my paperwork done to get back in the AF for contracting, but I'm really worried after this election.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Somewhere hidden in the back of his narcississtic mind, Obama has to be thinking 'oh ****- now what??'

Sorry, my brother! I have to respectfully and emphatically disagree with this. This nation destroyer knows exactly what happens next. This guy's hatred for America's power is hidden so deeply even these hypnotized zombie phony liberals can't see it.

You can't possibly live a single day pretending to be the President of the US for the last 12 months without knowing and understanding full well, that the route he is taking puts us on track to have the same fate as Portugal, Spain, and Greece.

I realize these democrats are stupid, but he just can't be that stupid. He just can't!

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Sorry, my brother! I have to respectfully and emphatically disagree with this. This nation destroyer knows exactly what happens next. This guy's hatred for America's power is hidden so deeply even these hypnotized zombie phony liberals can't see it.

You can't possibly live a single day pretending to be the President of the US for the last 12 months without knowing and understanding full well, that the route he is taking puts us on track to have the same fate as Portugal, Spain, and Greece.

I realize these democrats are stupid, but he just can't be that stupid. He just can't!
    Uh, have you heard the stutterig idiot speak without his teleprompter?
    He is a puppet on a string... Nothing more...
    No intellegence period...

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Any thoughts on what will happen with the military? Does force shaping continue? Does the retirement plan stick? Do we go to war against Israel? I've got all my paperwork done to get back in the AF for contracting, but I'm really worried after this election.

Go to war with Israel for what? Force shaping has to continue because the current force doesn't fit it's
    Task as well as it needs to. Where did you get the Israel stuff?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I know numerous business owners who are going to remain as they are and not expand. Fewer people will be hired. Debt will continue to mount up. The economy will sputter along as the eaters throw one big party. Then when the dollar ceases to have any value and our creditors come for their money That's when things are going to get real.

That will show'em. Good, well run businesses remain profitable regardless of who is in the White House. Expansion should be based on profitability and demand not SG&A and expected tax burden.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I know me and my dad were hoping that Obama didn't get back in. His healthcare act alone raised the healthcare premiums we pay for our employees by 32% per month. That hurts.
    Just relatively speaking it would be like giving every employee we have a $6.00 an hour raise based on a 40 hour week.
    It hurts the worker it doesn't help and adds weight to employee benefits.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I know me and my dad were hoping that Obama didn't get back in. His healthcare act alone raised the healthcare premiums we pay for our employees by 32% per month. That hurts.
    Just relatively speaking it would be like giving every employee we have a $6.00 an hour raise based on a 40 hour week.
    It hurts the worker it doesn't help and adds weight to employee benefits.
    So you were already paying over 35k per employee yearly? That can't be right

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That will show'em. Good, well run businesses remain profitable regardless of who is in the White House. Expansion should be based on profitability and demand not SG&A and expected tax burden.

Businesses MAY remain profitable DESPITE who is in the White House. The question with an administration that is so antagonistic to business is how profitable. When the profitability ratios no longer met the required ROI, the business investment dollars will go elsewhere. SG&A and tax burden are components of profitability, as such they factor strongly into expansion plans. When the tax scheme is sufficiently confiscatory, no amount of demand justifies the investment.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    So you were already paying over 35k per employee yearly? That can't be right

I'm not sure of the number right off too right now. We saw an increase of 32-33%.
    Idk where you got the 35k from. I wasn't able to provide all of the information accurately so I didn't supply enough to compute anything. It is more my dad's thing but I'm pretty sure we have ~27 employees that qualify and actually use the company provided insurance. What we pay per policy depends on which policy that employee chooses. ie: family, single, high deduct, low deduct, dental etc. but what the increase was over an entire year was roughly a $5.53
    hourly raise per employee that is actually using the benefit. I'm sorry an I should have specified that is was only the employee on the policies. I also rounded up slightly in the first post.
    I may be leaving a few things out but hey I'm not perfect.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Businesses MAY remain profitable DESPITE who is in the White House. The question with an administration that is so antagonistic to business is how profitable. When the profitability ratios no longer met the required ROI, the business investment dollars will go elsewhere. SG&A and tax burden are components of profitability, as such they factor strongly into expansion plans. When the tax scheme is sufficiently confiscatory, no amount of demand justifies the investment.

Correct but right now we have no idea what of any increase there will be in tax burden. We have a lot of assumptions but no factual numbers. Just like the Dems did under GW we are now giving the Prez way too much credit and blame for Public Policy we don't like.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm not sure of the number right off too right now. We saw an increase of 32-33%.
    Idk where you got the 35k from. I wasn't able to provide all of the information accurately so I didn't supply enough to compute anything. It is more my dad's thing but I'm pretty sure we have ~27 employees that qualify and actually use the company provided insurance. What we pay per policy depends on which policy that employee chooses. ie: family, single, high deduct, low deduct, dental etc. but what the increase was over an entire year was roughly a $5.53
    hourly raise per employee that is actually using the benefit. I'm sorry an I should have specified that is was only the employee on the policies. I also rounded up slightly in the first post.
    I may be leaving a few things out but hey I'm not perfect.

You did give enough info, if a 33% increase means 6 dollars, the original number is 18. 18x40 hours in a week=720. 720x52 weeks in a year= 37440.

If the 32% increase results in 5.53, the total you were paying is still around 35k. With the increase its 46k.

I just don't see it is all. You sure you're paying over a million dollars for employee health insurance?

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    32% of the entire policy. Not 32% per employee. Your math is correct but the way in which you are applying the math is wrong. They aren't interchangeable.
    The increase in policy cost is what is affected and is not distributable among them because each separate policy determines what we pay. it was just a relation of an hourly raise.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    32% of the entire policy. Not 32% per employee. Your math is correct but the way in which you are applying the math is wrong. They aren't interchangeable.
    The increase in policy cost is what is affected and is not distributable among them because each separate policy determines what we pay. it was just a relation of an hourly raise.

I can't really go into detail without posting actual numbers for the company and I don't want to do that on the forum. I was just stating how he is going to hurt this "small" business.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yes, but you said the increase was 5.53 averaged per employee, meaning one could be 11.06 the other could be none, but carried across 27 people, its 5.53 per. I'm not calculating single employees I'm calculating based on the a stage you gave me. Either you have your numbers wrong, you aren't informed, you're speaking falsely, or you're paying massively too much. If you need a new accountant pm me and I'll be sure to get it fixed for you

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Correct but right now we have no idea what of any increase there will be in tax burden. We have a lot of assumptions but no factual numbers. Just like the Dems did under GW we are now giving the Prez way too much credit and blame for Public Policy we don't like.

Hidden taxation is the most dispicable kind. It doesn't require a President's individual power. Just look at gasoline tax breakdowns, road usage taxes, permit fees, licensing fees, service fees for disposing of tires and other materials we use all the time (just a fringe example);

These hidden taxes are EVERYWHERE! I never saw them come up for a vote from ANY branch of state or federal governemnt, much less the citizenry.

Do any of you really believe they are going try to reduce ANYTHING (other than your take home pay)?

Top Bottom