Generic Election Thread (Threads merged, all election posts go here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Guys, we don't need 57 threads about the election so I merged the ones we had. New ones will be placed here as well.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If Obama can do what he did the last 4 years and still win re-election, then I do not see how any Republican can hold the White House again. Is there something, I'm missing. I am terrified about what the next four years bring.

I agree. I had planned to add two suites to our building and hiring another employee. With my taxes going up $10,000 this year that isn't happening. So the president is correct. I didn't build that. And as long as he is President I'm not. :madfawk:

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I had hope the Republicans could pull off the upset knowing all the time there are too many in this nation that just want handouts . It seems they will get their will until the our creditors demand their payment . China is not far off from owning this the promised land that our founding fathers established and let the liberals squander away .
    I talked my wife into voting this year to try to prevent Obama from being reelected. She kelp saying that our votes meant nothing in this election . The popular vote went to Romney from what i have heard and the electoral vote has put Obama back in as our dictator . I am very saddened but will prepare for the worst. May God have mercy on all all of us.

billandsonya

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Misattributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler (1747-1813)

Wow! Had never seen that quote before. Powerful statement. Sad reality is that those who voted for 4 more years of the same foolishness don't comprehend that the resources don't exist for them to continue indefinitely. What happens when the promised benefits don't get delivered? It will be absolute chaos. Those who live off the government will revolt and rebel as soon as they are cut off. A day of reckoning is certain.
    I am thankful that my hope is in the One who is called The King of Kings and Lord of Lords! My prayer is that the challenging days our nation will certainly face as a result of the foolishness of those who have chosen this ungodly administration will lead people to cry out to God in greater numbers in the days to come. I am praying for a Great Awakening for our nation as people recognize the consequences of living by man's foolishness rather than by God's truth. Having Jesus as the Lord of your life is far more important than who lives in the White House.
    It is well with my soul!

Top Bottom