Georgia High School Shooting 4 Sept 2024

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    If only there was some group of adults on campus who could take classes/train and safely carry so that they could very quickly stop a shooter......

Usual contrast between the blame assessed by the presidential candidates - R = "monster" to blame D = "guns" to blame

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    He wasn't stopped soon enough? Apparently the school district had some warning. And the shooter stopped as soon as he was confronted.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife says she read shooters father was charged and arrested.

From the article:
    "GBI Director Chris Hosey said at a news conference Thursday night that the charges against Colin Gray stem from "knowingly allowing his son to possess a weapon." He was in custody and being held at the Barrow County Detention Center, officials said Thursday.

Georgia does not allow minors to own guns. State and federal law also would prohibit the teenage suspect from buying a handgun, rifle or shotgun."

Possessing and owning are not the same thing. I'm not saying the father should or should not have been arrested, only that the reason provided seems inconsistent with the law as provided in the article.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What do we know about the shooter ? I realize it's a minor so they aren't saying much .
    The strange thing is this morning on yahoo I read an article about his father being arrested and charged, and they have a pic of the shooter (Colt Gray) in the article. His booking pic, never see pics of minors (alleged perps or living victims) posted or revealed in the news. I realize he has been charged as an adult, but he is still a minor (age 14). Very unusual. Link to pic below.

yahoo article

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    From the article:
    "GBI Director Chris Hosey said at a news conference Thursday night that the charges against Colin Gray stem from "knowingly allowing his son to possess a weapon." He was in custody and being held at the Barrow County Detention Center, officials said Thursday.

Georgia does not allow minors to own guns. State and federal law also would prohibit the teenage suspect from buying a handgun, rifle or shotgun."

Possessing and owning are not the same thing. I'm not saying the father should or should not have been arrested, only that the reason provided seems inconsistent with the law as provided in the article.
    I am to the point that i don't care about the nuance. If you have an obviously troubled teen (maybe anyone who is troubled) in your life and you allow them access to firearms, you should be held liable criminally and civilly.

And this is, IMO, a pro-gun stance as this type of shooting is exactly the fuel that the politicians need to convince enough people (with the media's help) to vote to take my guns away.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No article to link, but heard on radio this am that the FBI visited with the kid \ family mid 2023 about his internet postings. The dad bought the rifle and gave it to his son in December of 2023.
    Here is the article: his christmas gift

"Colin Gray told investigators this week he had purchased the gun used in the killings as a holiday present for his son in December 2023, according to two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

One source told CNN the AR-15-style rifle was purchased at a local gun store as a Christmas present. The timeline the teen’s father provided to authorities would put the gun purchase months after authorities first contacted Gray and his family to investigate school shooting threats made online."

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am to the point that i don't care about the nuance.

So you're cool with a cop telling you "you didn't actually break the law but it was close enough so you're going to jail."

If you have an obviously troubled teen (maybe anyone who is troubled) in your life and you allow them access to firearms, you should be held liable criminally and civilly.

And this is, IMO, a pro-gun stance as this type of shooting is exactly the fuel that the politicians need to convince enough people (with the media's help) to vote to take my guns away.

If you allow someone you know is troubled, regardless of age, access to firearms, you should be opening yourself up to legal troubles. I don't see that mentioned in the article as a factor in his arrest. I've looked at a few articles, obviously not all of them, and I haven't seen that mentioned as a factor for the arrest. Only that he let his son possess a firearm. A lot of the updated articles mentions a May 2023 investigation about threats the son made. And one article said the police were looking into whether of not the father bought the firearm in December 2023 for his son.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom