Girlfriend Getting a P7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    What did you expect? You really threw yourself on a grenade with that picture of her...;)

All right, animals, here's the skinny; she's 20 or 21, very nice, surprisingly competent with a P7, quite intelligent, and seems to have a good sense of humor.

As Kade alluded to, I hear she can be a wild child (hearsay only), and I understand there are some darker issues...:eek3:

All in all, though, kind of fun to be around.

Teddy, you gonna grab one of those CDNN turn-ins? I thought mine would have showed up today; Neil said it was going out last Friday. Guess he lied; or else UPS is up to their usual tricks.

For the love of god!! Is there gonna be any left for the rest of us?

Wanna be my grandpa? :D:D:mamoru::mamoru:

djl7780

Glock Connoisseur
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Prairieville
    You bet; $602 shipped for a heeler with a plum slide. The one Enal got was practically un-fired. They also have some with nickled slides for $730... but the dude was rather vague on just who did the re-finish job. Mine is going to RoBar anyway, so I got the less expensive plum slide.

Only one magazine, though... and those puppies go for $50 or more... WHEN you can find them.

Before someone has to ask; "plum slide" means that the slide is actually harder than spec, and the blue finish came out more of a purple color. Nothing wrong, just a bit odd-looking.

The exact one I purchased last tuesday, I hope mine shows tomorrow!!:confused:
    LSP PM inbound..

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    You would think as soon as they took a good grip on it like you would any other firearm you would feel the front of the grip start to move.. Maybe if you limp wristed it then I could see you not being able to fire it but other than that I am clueless how one wouldn't figure it out.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You would think as soon as they took a good grip on it like you would any other firearm you would feel the front of the grip start to move.. Maybe if you limp wristed it then I could see you not being able to fire it but other than that I am clueless how one wouldn't figure it out.

It's takes (I think) 12lbs of pressure to squeeze the grip. It's not light like you think and without staring at it you wouldn't think it was any different than any other gun. I have firsthand experience with people either not being able to figure it out or it taking them at least 10 seconds to figure it out. Usually women figure it out rather quickly. Men always end up trying to take the slide off. Small children and my mom don't have the strength to squeeze it at all.

You can get better deals (and usually complete carry rigs) by scouring all the random gun message boards daily. They don't last long so you'll need to be ready with cash in hand. My best score ever was two P7s for $2000. One was ultra rare and I resold it for $3300 all by itself. I found that on US Concealed Carry Forum from some guy who, after a P7 thread I started, just popped up and said "I have two of those things I'd sell ya." Yeah right. Well he wasn't kidding.

If you get one look for the Milt Sparks VMII holster to match (or a similar clone). They aren't easy to find and consider yourself lucky if you get one. The VMII was designed specifically for the butt heavy P7.

I'm really surprised we were able to score this one for $900. The economy must be really bad.

Last edited:

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's takes (I think) 12lbs of pressure to squeeze the grip. It's not light like you think and without staring at it you wouldn't think it was any different than any other gun. I have firsthand experience with people either not being able to figure it out or it taking them at least 10 seconds to figure it out. Usually women figure it out rather quickly. Men always end up trying to take the slide off. Small children and my mom don't have the strength to squeeze it at all.

You can get better deals (and usually complete carry rigs) by scouring all the random gun message boards daily. They don't last long so you'll need to be ready with cash in hand. My best score ever was two P7s for $2000. One was ultra rare and I resold it for $3300 all by itself. I found that on US Concealed Carry Forum from some guy who, after a P7 thread I started, just popped up and said "I have one of those things I'd sell ya." Yeah right. Well he wasn't kidding.

If you get one look for the Milt Sparks VMII holster to match (or a similar clone). They aren't easy to find and consider yourself lucky if you get one. The VMII was designed specifically for the butt heavy P7.

I'm really surprised we were able to score this one for $900. The economy must be really bad.

Chances are, if someone is able to get that gun away from YOU, their adrenaline is going to be at full dump and 100# grip pressure wouldn't even be a problem. ;)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Chances are, if someone is able to get that gun away from YOU, their adrenaline is going to be at full dump and 100# grip pressure wouldn't even be a problem. ;)

Yeah you would think. And that may turn out to be the case. I'm not going to hand my gun over to anyone to find out.

We're just saying there is at least one documented case of a man being alive today because the bad guy couldn't figure out how to shoot him with the P7. You could probably find similar cases with any gun that has a manual safety. I know it'd take any of us several valuable seconds to figure out how to flip the safety off an unfamiliar gun. That's exactly why I prefer any gun with a manual safety over a Glock (or Smith & Wesson Sigma, or Springfield XD). You just never know who is going to pick up that gun in the course of it's life. Could be a relative, child, bad guy, or cop disarming you on the side of the road (hey there NolaUSMC).

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You could probably find similar cases with any gun that has a manual safety.

I always think of Die Hard with a Vengeance with Sam Jackson & Jeremy Irons on the boat scene while he was eating the boiled egg. "You forgot one thing....safety." BANG! That was classic!

....or cop disarming you on the side of the road (hey there NolaUSMC).

:D

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    They are pretty nice, except for the heel mag release on some of them I didnt find the manipulation that different the few times I've tried one. Get a good grip and your good to go. On first pickup it took me a few ticks to figure it out though, I'll admit.

Glock needs to make a single stack 9mm... slim frame/slide, 8 rds or so, I'd be first in line to buy one and would never take it off.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have held a single stack glock. Don't remember the number though. It felt good to me, a 1911 guy.

They have a single stack .45, held one once it was ok. I think they could get a 9mm down pretty small though. Similar principle to that Walther gun, but alot better lol.

Back on topic: Wish my parents would hand me $900 for a 25 year old handgun!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    You bet; $602 shipped for a heeler with a plum slide. The one Enal got was practically un-fired. They also have some with nickled slides for $730... but the dude was rather vague on just who did the re-finish job. Mine is going to RoBar anyway, so I got the less expensive plum slide.

Only one magazine, though... and those puppies go for $50 or more... WHEN you can find them.

Before someone has to ask; "plum slide" means that the slide is actually harder than spec, and the blue finish came out more of a purple color. Nothing wrong, just a bit odd-looking.

Hell, I've played with them, always ment to pick one up for the collection (I have stranger guns)

I might order one.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    The P7M8 is 28oz empty. The G19 is 21oz empty, however with a fully loaded mag and at least one extra on your hip I'm sure the weight will catch up.

I tried to explain this to her parents. It's not a P7 vs. Glock thing because they are entirely different pistols. Not even remotely similar. You can't even compare because about the only thing similar is they both shoot bullets. Hell, they don't even use the same principal to cycle the action.

Regarding capacity, I'm comfortable with 8+1 plus two extra mags on my hip. If you aren't, they make the P7M13 for you (13+1 capacity).

I'm really confused here.

We've spent the last week confirming that a Taurus is the best choice for a self-defense handgun .............. and all y'all are talking about is H/K's and Glocks. (We'll, y'all have also been talking about cock squeezing, but I'm staying out of that discussion). What's the deal ????

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    For the love of god!! Is there gonna be any left for the rest of us?

Wanna be my grandpa? :D:D:mamoru::mamoru:

Get in line, whippersnapper. :p

What LSP didn't say is that that last P7 was a belated birthday present for me. Right, Grandpappy?

Good thing there's an ocean between us...the old coot might channel Sam Elliott from We Were Soldiers. "If any of you sumbitches call me 'grandpa' I'll kill ya!"

djl7780

Glock Connoisseur
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Prairieville
    Better move fast...;)

Picked Mine up from Larry today!!!:D
    here is a pic of the "Plum Slide" LSP mentioned..
    IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Its a manifestation of a desire to own a P7. We've got two new owners, a possible two more, and one former owner whining about his getting stolen... and he forgot to mention that he had multiple opportunities to steal it back, in BETTER condition that it was when he let go of it.

If you want to try the cock squeezing gig, you're welcome to use one of my P7s... as long as you wash your hands first.;)

I was told that, when involving one's self with cock squeezing, it is far more important to wash your hands after. Of course Pangris could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom