Glock 34 mos w/rmr

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I have two customers in rough areas of new orleans and I have been thinking of carrying my Glock 34 w/rmr along with my 43x that I appendix . It wont be edc but I want it to be carried for specifically those two places when I have to go.

While I'm driving the 43x stays appendix carry. Never know if something happens and I get taken out the car. I don't need my gun going along for a ride. If I carry the 34 at the 4 and 5 position would it be hard to sit and drive with it? Is there a better way to carry it besides 4 and 5?

I could be overreacting but if any of those thugs figure out what I do for a living they would be highly tempted to come at me.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I prefer not reaching behind my back where it is easy for someone that is within reach to control your arm. Three o clock is much better.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Why not 3 o’clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I prefer not reaching behind my back where it is easy for someone that is within reach to control your arm. Three o clock is much better.

I'm not a fan of 4/5. I really didn't think of 3. Will it conceal well iwb at the 3 position?

I would suggest carrying the 34 AIWB and leaving the 43X at home.

Are you advising against carrying two handguns? So carry only the 34 for those two situations?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm not a fan of 4/5. I really didn't think of 3. Will it conceal well iwb at the 3 position?

Are you advising against carrying two handguns? So carry only the 34 for those two situations?

I brought my 17 with tlr1 and factory extended mag with me out of town this past week. I carried it at 3 o’clock in a RCS perun under a t shirt everyday and no one noticed.

4106fa6ad730d061de02d969fe5c4a71.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I brought my 17 with tlr1 and factory extended mag with me out of town this past week. I carried it at 3 o’clock in a RCS perun under a t shirt everyday and no one noticed.

4106fa6ad730d061de02d969fe5c4a71.jpg

People like to believe they are really observant but people miss a lot of stuff they’re just not looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yup!!! You only notice it cause its on you... and if you try to adjust it you only draw attention because you are subconsciously about it... 99.9% of the population doesn’t even know what printing is or even if they saw it printing would think it’s a gun...

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    For those situations you describe I would tuck a 26 where you normally carry the 43 and add a couple of those 34 mags somewhere instead of a second gun. If you need more than that it probably won't matter what you have.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    For those situations you describe I would tuck a 26 where you normally carry the 43 and add a couple of those 34 mags somewhere instead of a second gun. If you need more than that it probably won't matter what you have.

The only reason I want to use the 34 is because that's what I have at the moment. I'd rather not have to buy something else but its not out the question. I'll have to take my time and research what's best.

For everything else that i do the 43x is a really good fit... Again I could be over reacting a bit....past few days I have been thinking I should just take some training courses and what's the best course of action for my situation.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I mentally couldn’t carry or have 2 guns for same personal protection situation and mags not be interchangeable... that’s just me, so would have to be 26,19,17,34 series if I wanted to carry 2 guns or have 2 in close proximity for a situation... I know capacity isn’t everything but take some courses and watch come good YouTube vids in actual personal defense situations and you would be surprised how fast 10 shots can go before the situation is over.... getting to cover and doing a tactical reload with the wrong mag don’t work to good

I cut my teeth in a Glock and 1911... still keep 1911’s for fun but Glock is it for me... I’m a creature of habit... I’m a sucker for consistency... in the dark or any situation I can point shoot excellent with any Glock 26,19,17,34 I can throw it up and it’s there... all same grip angle , grip to bore axis, everything matches... again there’s prob better out there, but I ain’t gonna find out, lol...and I can change the series for capacity or conceal-ability...

Last edited:

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    The only reason I want to use the 34 is because that's what I have at the moment. I'd rather not have to buy something else but its not out the question. I'll have to take my time and research what's best.

For everything else that i do the 43x is a really good fit... Again I could be over reacting a bit....past few days I have been thinking I should just take some training courses and what's the best course of action for my situation.

I hear ya,,I just thought everyone had a 26, 19, and 34:)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yup lol, well I just about ruled out the 26 for me... I can’t stand to not have pinky spot and by time I add plus 2 , the 19 actually carry’s better appendix for me.. I got rid of a gen4 34 to replace it with 34 mos...but that hasn’t happened yet lol. Anybody got one they wanna get rid of lol

I hear ya,,I just thought everyone had a 26, 19, and 34:)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you want to carry a G34 with or without a WML AIWB, there are ways to comfortably do it without any printing.

The RCS Perun is a good OWB concealment holster, as previously mentioned.

51182364492_6d800caa3e_c.jpg

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    If you want to carry a G34 with or without a WML AIWB, there are ways to comfortably do it without any printing.

The RCS Perun is a good OWB concealment holster, as previously mentioned.

51182364492_6d800caa3e_c.jpg

I need to get off my ass and get an enigma. Who makes that grid pattern holster? PHLster?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I need to get off my ass and get an enigma. Who makes that grid pattern holster? PHLster?

Dark Star Gear Orion

You will need a spacer kit if you use an adjustable retention holster. It replaces the rubber spacers with solid spacers.

rdass623

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    new orleans
    the idea that going between the two size extremes in the glock lineup and finding the the best all around pistol is not likely. a model 19 with 16 rounds of capacity is going to be large for a concealed carry role, but doable based upon clothing choices. the model 26 with the plus 2 magazines gives a 13 round capacity in a much more concealable and comfortable package. the model 34 does not lend itself well to any role other than a leg drop holster. seated in a holster, the slide is too long and pushes up into your side due to the length. the 43 on the other hand is a very concealable pistol, it just does not have much firepower, with 7 rounds, if you are planning for a shoot out, you are going to come up lacking. also to take into consideration is the sub compacts will require much more practice reloading because the grip length does not reach the heel of the hand for most.

i summation, the opinions given here are helpful, but your best bet is to go and take a training course and figure out what is best for you. some gun ranges also offer rental guns, try them and see what works best for your situation. and last but not least, if you are driving into a situation which you thing is getting ready to turn bad, keep driving. limit your exposure to threat...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    the idea that going between the two size extremes in the glock lineup and finding the the best all around pistol is not likely. a model 19 with 16 rounds of capacity is going to be large for a concealed carry role, but doable based upon clothing choices. the model 26 with the plus 2 magazines gives a 13 round capacity in a much more concealable and comfortable package. the model 34 does not lend itself well to any role other than a leg drop holster. seated in a holster, the slide is too long and pushes up into your side due to the length. the 43 on the other hand is a very concealable pistol, it just does not have much firepower, with 7 rounds, if you are planning for a shoot out, you are going to come up lacking. also to take into consideration is the sub compacts will require much more practice reloading because the grip length does not reach the heel of the hand for most.

i summation, the opinions given here are helpful, but your best bet is to go and take a training course and figure out what is best for you. some gun ranges also offer rental guns, try them and see what works best for your situation. and last but not least, if you are driving into a situation which you thing is getting ready to turn bad, keep driving. limit your exposure to threat...

Glock 19’s are agurably the standard of concealed carry. They are technically compacts.

Ironically, I’ve been carrying a Glock 34 AIWB since 2017. Tom Givens carried a G34 IWB as well. Before the G34 was around, many carried 5* 1911’s IWB and still do in 2021.

If you ever think that you can’t carry something, it’s because you are not trying. Also, if sub compacts are inherently more difficult to shoot, sounds like a good reason to carry a full size pistol.

Top Bottom