Glock Limited Gold Edition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Looks a lot better in person. Saw it at 10-8 tactical.

GoldEditionGLock19.jpg

GoldEditionGLock191.jpg

GoldEditionGLock192.jpg

GoldEditionGLock193.jpg

GoldEditionGLock194.jpg

GoldEditionGLock195.jpg

GoldEditionGLock196.jpg

GoldEditionGLock197.jpg

GoldEditionGLock198.jpg

GoldEditionGLock199.jpg

GoldEditionGLock1910.jpg

GoldEditionGLock1911.jpg

GoldEditionGLock1912.jpg

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    From what I saw its just a cosmetic thing. Just looks sweet. I'd buy it but, I don't think I'd ever put a round through it.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thats not too much more.

#1bambam added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Do you know how many are made?

I haven't seen anything about a certain amount made or not.

Eww...

Cant you get that type of barrel from lone wolf or glockmeister?

dunno but its more then just the barrel, both sides of the slide has a polish black mirror finish on it too.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    10-8 is a little pricey so that would have something to do with it. But even at $625 that's a pretty nice pistol.

At Jefferson Gun's website they have it priced at $572.00. Regler one for $506.00. According to them MSRP is $680 vs $599.

Only problem is like tuan said, I'd never want to shoot it.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    All the has been done to the barrel is "engine turning", which is something you can do yourself with a drill press, jig, some JB bore paste, and a small dremel head. Jacobson engine turns a lot of the hammers/triggers/barrell hoods of the stuff he does by hand - but you need a very, very steady hand to do it without a jig.

In any case, I assure you with a press and a jig, a monkey on a rock could duplicate the look.

In my every so limited and humble experience - the best barrel for a Glock is a Glock factory barrel - if you like the look, just use a factory barrel and go for it... purely cosmetic treatment with a cotton pad and abrasive paste.

Although one can always customize something to his liking, or duplicate a look, there's something nice in my opinion about a factory stock "OEM" pistol, car, whatever. . .

When I see a Glock for sale with a polished slide or custom engraving, etc, I get turned off because in my mind they effed it up. Even if it was done professionally it doesn't sit right in my mind.

Now of course if you just want your Glock to have a certain look then sure it doesn't matter who did what to it.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've seen one at Jim's Firearms. I went in to get an idea of what was out there and as I passed the Glock counter I stopped, looked at the guy behind the counter and said.... "oh I wanna play with that one!".... unfortunately I can only afford to look, I wouldn't want to shoot it and I can't afford a gun just to look at.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've seen one at Jim's Firearms. I went in to get an idea of what was out there and as I passed the Glock counter I stopped, looked at the guy behind the counter and said.... "oh I wanna play with that one!".... unfortunately I can only afford to look, I wouldn't want to shoot it and I can't afford a gun just to look at.

yup. I felt the same way.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Does the term "polishing a turd" occur to anyone else???? :D

Hey, Glocks are good guns; I carried one for a long time. But this strikes me as akin to putting Pirelli tires and expensive aluminum custom rims on a Yugo...

Marketing genuises! They know the Glock Zombies will line up and scoop these up and never fire them. I heard they saved money by not even putting firing pins in these guns, since they all will be safe queens!
    :mamoru::rofl:

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Does the term "polishing a turd" occur to anyone else???? :D

Hey, Glocks are good guns; I carried one for a long time. But this strikes me as akin to putting Pirelli tires and expensive aluminum custom rims on a Yugo...

Marketing genuises! They know the Glock Zombies will line up and scoop these up and never fire them. I heard they saved money by not even putting firing pins in these guns, since they all will be safe queens!
    :mamoru::rofl:

LMAO after reading the first string of posts i was beginning to think i was the only one who was thinking these things. :rofl:

Top Bottom