Glock Limited Gold Edition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Figured you guys would chime in.

tuan added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

yeah i have agree.. thats pretty bad.

Ehh not sure i would call it bad just no real function to any of that. You can personalize anything these days. If i had the scratch id pick up a used glock cheap and do up an LSU themed one with a 1911 style aluminum frame from http://www.ccfraceframes.com/.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Great Photos!

tuan, your photographic skills are light years ahead!:)

You also have great taste in firearms.
    It is AMAZING what can be done to METAL to make it appealing to the eye & to the touch!:D
    Do you think GLOCK will produce a handgun with a beautiful blued steel frame & slide one day?
    Plastic being produced from petroleum is getting expensive!
    Perhaps recycled steel is the wave of the future.:hahano:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Does the term "polishing a turd" occur to anyone else???? :D

Hey, Glocks are good guns; I carried one for a long time. But this strikes me as akin to putting Pirelli tires and expensive aluminum custom rims on a Yugo...

Y'all are overlooking the fact that all customized Glocks come with a year's supply of Kool Aid..............owners of factory-stock Glocks only receive a six-month supply.

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Does the term "polishing a turd" occur to anyone else???? :D

Hey, Glocks are good guns; I carried one for a long time. But this strikes me as akin to putting Pirelli tires and expensive aluminum custom rims on a Yugo...

Didn't you send your 19 to Bowie Tactical?

babietuan323

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2007
    new orleans
    quoted from glocktalk

The Limited Edition Glock is being marketed by a company named; "Talo", who buys firearms in large quanitites, and tricks them out. The Gold Edition is not a Glock. Inc. offering. Talo's expertise in in engraving, and they've done lots of Colt single actions and 1911's. Once ready for market, they sell through several distributors, Davidson's being one. Other recent modifications offered by marketeers are the Carbon Fiber frame, and the Homeland Defender editions, all modified after they left the Glock warehouse.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Y'all are overlooking the fact that all customized Glocks come with a year's supply of Kool Aid..............owners of factory-stock Glocks only receive a six-month supply.

That's right. It's so that glock owners can refresh themselves after putting rounds downrange while the 1911 owners unjam their pistols :D

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Well if Glock is sending these guns to the third party for this purpose, then you could say it's a factory Glock. Obviously there is some sort of arrangement between Talo and Glock for this purpose; it's not as if Joe Blo bought a hundred guns and had his way with them.

Lots of companies farm out their special edition products to sub-contractors, not an unusual thing.

Top Bottom