Glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Good friend of mine purchased a brand new gen 3 glock 19 two days ago. He shot 200 rounds of PMC 115 grain and 100 rounds of blazer 124 grain. Issues with each ammo. 2 failure to feeds with pmc and 1 with blazer. Every single empty shell casing hit him in the face. 12 o clock ejection pattern every time. He just so happened to call me today and share this with me about 1 hour before I was going to purchase a glock. What was even more disturbing is Glock's customer service. He spoke with two different glock reps. The first rep threw PMC under the bus by stating,"Ammuntion companies such as PMC and winchester are having trouble keeping up with the high demand for ammo, and their standards are low. They make he ammo as fast as possible and rush it out of the door without evaluating the ammuntion." BS!!! He was also told that he should buy some CCI blazer 124 grain to test it with, because that is what they use at the Glock factory to test with. No changes with the Blazer. He called Glock back and spoke with a different rep. This rep told him that he must pay out of pocket to 2nd day air his pistol to Glock and Glock WILL NOT Reimburse these charges. They will however pay to send it back to him. The 2nd rep told him that they will put a Gen 4 ejector in the gun and see if it helps and they will test fire it. They test fire it prior to sending it to the FFL dealer so what gives?!! I personally own a gen 3 glock 19 and 23 and they work fine. I wanted another 19 but not any more. I am baffled and After researching this matter for a little while today, it seems as if this is a very common problem. Just wanted to share this experience with you all.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Good friend of mine purchased a brand new gen 3 glock 19 two days ago. He shot 200 rounds of PMC 115 grain and 100 rounds of blazer 124 grain. Issues with each ammo. 2 failure to feeds with pmc and 1 with blazer. Every single empty shell casing hit him in the face. 12 o clock ejection pattern every time. He just so happened to call me today and share this with me about 1 hour before I was going to purchase a glock. What was even more disturbing is Glock's customer service. He spoke with two different glock reps. The first rep threw PMC under the bus by stating,"Ammuntion companies such as PMC and winchester are having trouble keeping up with the high demand for ammo, and their standards are low. They make he ammo as fast as possible and rush it out of the door without evaluating the ammuntion." BS!!! He was also told that he should buy some CCI blazer 124 grain to test it with, because that is what they use at the Glock factory to test with. No changes with the Blazer. He called Glock back and spoke with a different rep. This rep told him that he must pay out of pocket to 2nd day air his pistol to Glock and Glock WILL NOT Reimburse these charges. They will however pay to send it back to him. The 2nd rep told him that they will put a Gen 4 ejector in the gun and see if it helps and they will test fire it. They test fire it prior to sending it to the FFL dealer so what gives?!! I personally own a gen 3 glock 19 and 23 and they work fine. I wanted another 19 but not any more. I am baffled and After researching this matter for a little while today, it seems as if this is a very common problem. Just wanted to share this experience with you all.

Search is your friend!

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?91035-Never-thought-I-d-see-the-day...&highlight=

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    They used to be a great company and I don't know what has happened. Quality control has gone out
    Of the window and they want to blame the ammunition companies. What a joke!

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They used to be a great company and I don't know what has happened. Quality control has gone out

How much experience do you have with Glocks and Glock Warranty service?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Sorry but my experience has been completely different, in fact I have a student who's firearm suffered an accident and it was damaged beyond repair and Mr. Philips who is the LE Sales Manager for this area offered a coupon for a new one at blue label price even though he was not LEO. His words were "we try to take care of our clients the best way that we can, to repair it would cost more than a new gun. Might as well buy a blue one"

I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service and warranty.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Their sales rep blamed PMC for the ejection issue. They know that they are having a quality control issue and they continually deny it. There is too much data that proves they are having problems, and a factory recall is probably in order.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    And ive owned 4 different Glocks over the years. I have little experience with their customer service, but I have a lot of trigger time with Glocks. Glock test fires every Glock prior to it leaving the factory. If the customer gets a faulty gun, it is Glocks responsibilty to correct the problem and incur all cost associated with the problem. It's called standing by your product.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    And ive owned 4 different Glocks over the years. I have little experience with their customer service, but I have a lot of trigger time with Glocks. Glock test fires every Glock prior to it leaving the factory. If the customer gets a faulty gun, it is Glocks responsibilty to correct the problem and incur all cost associated with the problem. It's called standing by your product.

As Guate Shooter said my experience has been completely different from yours. Your friend should contact a local Glock Armorer as the pistol may not require shipping to Glock.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry but my experience has been completely different, in fact I have a student who's firearm suffered an accident and it was damaged beyond repair and Mr. Philips who is the LE Sales Manager for this area offered a coupon for a new one at blue label price even though he was not LEO. His words were "we try to take care of our clients the best way that we can, to repair it would cost more than a new gun. Might as well buy a blue one"

I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service and warranty.

If I was handed a coupon so that I could have the pleasure of spending $400 to replace something that I shouldn't have to pay for, I would politely tell them to blow me. Everyone praises Glock and that's what they call customer service? Yet some of the same people want to bash HK who was nice enough to "warranty" parts so I could get my converted trigger and save $100, and total turnaround time was 3 hours, and the gun has yet to have a failure. Hmm, seems I can pay $600 for a Glock that doesn't work, and then get to pay $400 for another one, that probably will have issues, to replace the broken one, or I could've bought an HK and just had a gun that worked everytime.

As much as I like to poke fun and Glockers and don't mind getting razzed for buying HK's, that type of response from a rep would **** me off to no end. I've never heard of ANY company that offers a lifetime warranty to pull a stunt like that.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not their fault the idiot decided to "test" the gun heat properties and melt it down in the process, they had NO responsibility to do JACK for him.

Ahhhh, that changes everything. I thought you meant the weapon failed due to a defect in manufacturing, not a defect in the user.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have personally handled two Gen 4's (34 and 27) recently that have rusted. And I'm not talking springs or sights that bled onto the other stuff-- I mean slides and barrels, rusted from a few days of carry (the 27) and a single day of shooting (the 34).

The 34 went off for refinishing, with a return quoted in 5 weeks. Ugh. I personally thought that story was going to be, "So they sent me a whole new top end!"

The 27 is still pending, last I heard.

Coupled with the "it's the ammo/shooter" responses to the ejection/extraction issues that have cropped up in the late Gen 3/early-and-current Gen 4 pistols... Followed by RSA, ejector and slide revisions (for those that were counterbored)... I don't fault anyone for questioning their CS these days, nor their QC.

And if they don't replace the dip extractor within the next 6 months, I may very well have to eat my hat. The longer they stick that nightmare into new pistols, the longer this type of conversation will continue.

Top Bottom