going to new orleans with a gun still a problem?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, OK the car isn't an extension of your home. But you are allowed to carry it your car and use it to defend yourself? Right? Even without a CCP.

Dave

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Wow, OK the car isn't an extension of your home. But you are allowed to carry it your car and use it to defend yourself? Right? Even without a CCP.

Dave

Meaning that there are LOTS of things you could do in your home that if seen in a vehicle means you're going to the pokey.

But having a gun in your glovebox ain't one of them.

Hence the "not an extension of your home" remarks.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    602__image_091.jpg

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Although this will probably get lost in the commotion, I do have a question.

I've been pulled over and I answered YES to the "Do you have guns in the car" question. Afterward, while the officer inspects my weapons, I was asked "Are these registered?". All I did was retort back by asking "Registered with who?"

Unless there is some law that I don't know about, the only firearms that require registration in Louisiana are NFA items. At least that is what I am aware of.

So what gives with certain small town officers asking if guns are "registered" in Louisiana? Also, I will not name town/village police departments, so don't even bother asking!

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

I've been pulled over and I answered YES to the "Do you have guns in the car" question. Afterward, while the officer inspects my weapons, I was asked "Are these registered?". All I did was retort back by asking "Registered with who?"

Unless there is some law that I don't know about, the only firearms that require registration in Louisiana are NFA items. At least that is what I am aware of.

So what gives with certain small town officers asking if guns are "registered" in Louisiana? Also, I will not name town/village police departments, so don't even bother asking!

Look in this thread alone. Not everyone knows the law and sometimes that includes police officers.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

What was the officer's answer to your question?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If it were me it would probably go something like this, "step out the car please Sir."
    :thumbsdown:

If it were you, would you have asked if his guns were registered? Not trying to be a smartass, but would you have asked that?

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    When asked "Are these registered?" I :mamoru: and say yes. It will end at that time or the numbers are run and it is returned. Thank god I have not been stopped with my subgun in Nola :p it really is registered :)

Top Bottom