going to new orleans with a gun still a problem?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    What was the officer's answer to your question?

He stuttered and mumbled a little bit then asked me if they were purchased at a gun dealer. Yes was the answer that day, (thank goodness).

Regardless, no drama, no weapons confiscation, and most importantly, no citations! I've since learned that even though I have a valid medical reason to tint my windows darker than the law allows along with multiple approved medical waivers over the years, the hassle of getting pulled over in the smaller towns just isn't worth it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He stuttered and mumbled a little bit then asked me if they were purchased at a gun dealer. Yes was the answer that day, (thank goodness).

Regardless, no drama, no weapons confiscation, and most importantly, no citations! I've since learned that even though I have a valid medical reason to tint my windows darker than the law allows along with multiple approved medical waivers over the years, the hassle of getting pulled over in the smaller towns just isn't worth it.

Wow. I hope he never reads the classifieds...:rofl:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Still here after three full days. Even talked to cops! Drove into Treme (on accident, don't tell my husband), and had a FTF at IHOP (Spec did at any rate), guns haven't been an issue. ;)

Cat

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    So what gives with certain small town officers asking if guns are "registered" in Louisiana? Also, I will not name town/village police departments, so don't even bother asking!
    It's not just small town PDs. I posted a month or so ago about being pulled over at Nicholson and Bluebonnet by a State Trooper "Thompson" who asked me if my pistol was registered. I looked at him and said, "We don't register guns in this state. You should know that." He backtracked a bit and said something like, "Well, did you buy it from a gun dealer?" I told him that "I bought all of my guns legally" and that seemed to be enough and he handed me back my license and sent me on my way. So even State Troopers ask those questions.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Still here after three full days. Even talked to cops! Drove into Treme (on accident, don't tell my husband), and had a FTF at IHOP (Spec did at any rate), guns haven't been an issue. ;)

Cat

im not too sure having a failure to feed/fire(ftf) at ihop is such a good thing! :p

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    It must be concealed. The law was changed a couple years ago. No more "must be traveling" and WTF constitutes "traveling."

In Texas if you were out of state in order to carry a gun in your vehicle you had to be on a bona fide journey which means your traveling through only stopping for food,fuel,bathroom etc.NO stopping to spend the night anywhere.

Top Bottom