Gold and silver will be worthless

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    When America goes to a cashless society within the next year or so (as mandated in the healthcare law) then gold and silver will be worthless. A whole bunch of people are going to be surprised, and broke.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    did you expect it to stay at historical highs forever?

gold and silver will always be worth $$$

That's just it. When there are no more dollars, zero, nada, none, nil, then what will the value of gold be pegged to? Hot air? How about a pound of Govt. promises for a pound of gold?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have seen writings saying that during a total colapse gold and silver would be useless but during the climb back out if there is one they would have value.

I dunno how many would survive a total colapse...maybe a few or maybe a lot.

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    We’ll eventually go to a cashless society but not until the US$ is dead and that could takes years.

Why would you say the Health Care bill will mandate a cashless society?

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    This is so weird. Do you honestly think gold and are Only used in coins?? The only reason they're expensive is that they're rare elements?

How about the fact that if it wasn't for the industrial use of gold and silver they would Already be nearly worthless. The very best conductive materials for computers are... You got it, Gold and Silver! don't quote me, but the Industrial use for this stuff is Thousands of times more than the Collector market.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    When America goes to a cashless society within the next year or so (as mandated in the healthcare law) then gold and silver will be worthless. A whole bunch of people are going to be surprised, and broke.

I tend to agree. What will have value, besides the obvious, guns, bullets, water, cigarettes, food?

Top Bottom