Gonzales - Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Just got back. I actually enjoyed it. Should have gone right instaead of left because by the time I got over there, the gun I was looking for sold 30 minutes before I got there, Ggggggrrrrrrrr.
    The gun dealers I spoke to seemed ready to deal. Good thing I'm not money flush, 'cuz it would have taken a box truck for me to leave.
    May go back tomorrow. What time and where we meeting up?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Last time I was there the cops put a wand on me? It was over a year ago though and I was their first thing in the morning on opening day. It wasnt a problem because I didnt carry then anyway. Anyway Ill be there later today but I dont plan on buying anything just looking around.

I've never even seen a wand used at any of the shows. :dunno:

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    On a scale 1-10 I'd say today's Show was about a 2. The Reload guys were selling 9mm 1000 rounds for 250. Umm....that's the same price for factory Federal from wally world. No thanks!

Only one Saiga 12 there today and it was 600 bucks. No thanks! I can get it local or FFL it for less than that. Thought there would be more tactical booths there...NEGATIVE. And everyone was selling their pieces for retail. Greeeeat....

And the people that were there selling their own guns walking around were super proud of their pieces too...wasted the day...GRR!

I saw that $600 saiga 12 you were talking about.... I also saw the $520 saiga 12 2 booths over lol

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I went to the one in Kenner last weekend and it was my first. Correct me if I am wrong but are those guys there to sell stuff? I could barely get someone to look in my direction. There was maybe one guy at one table that actually asked me if I needed help. Oh, there was a guy selling knives who was actually trying to sell something.
    It seemed like they only talked to people who they already knew. I wonder if they make any money considering how little they tried to sell.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    im a tire kicker most of the time but the dealers are always asking me if i need help. im at every show though. i bought some ammo cans. that guy had good prices.

i remember the good old days when at every gunshow i would pick up 1,000 rounds of 9mm for under $100, 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm for $80.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    99% of the people who pay to get in to a gunshow are "tire-kickers"; IOW, just looking. The vendors know this, and most have no desire to hear "No thanks, just looking." 500 times a day. Some are indeed jerks, but the majority will respond to a legitimate question quickly and politely.

However, if you prefer to be treated like a special customer- IOW, get attention from every vendor- then there is a simple way to accomplish that. Get something like a pistol rug or anything resembling a gun case, and carry it around with you.

Then YOU will get tired of responding to "Whatcha got in there?"

SOOO TRUE!

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    SOOO TRUE!

Yes, but more would be buyers if the prices weren't so high. That's my biggest complaint. Somebody must be buying or you'd think they'd lower it. It's gotta be a PITA to pack up for the show, unload, sit for two days, pack up from the show and then put inventory back on the shelves.

Top Bottom