Gonzales - Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I hear ya Bama, I always justify my trip by stopping by Cabela's. I'll be picking up a weapon light from there after the gun show.

kdoske

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Ponchatoula
    Don't know about the Gonzalez show but the kenner gun show wasn't that great for sure. When there to stock up on ammo and left with nothing. I will say that one stand near the end with the gun safes had some really nice customized Ar15's for good prices though--for being customized anyway.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I usually pick up ammo cans. The prices seem to stay pretty consistent. Ammo on the other hand... those guys are terrible businessmen, and the buyers are idiots. They must not realize there's this thing called the internet that allows me to find the best price on ammo and have it shipped to my door while I'm in my underpants and watching a movie.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Generally overpriced and junk to me. You can find individuals with good sale items sometimes and it's a good place to get reloading supplies if you can't get to a shop but other than that I avoid them.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I've seen a few deals at the shows. Nothing awesome, but decent deals. Also if you are looking for a beater shotgun, you can usually get a deal, as well as parts.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Alright about to head out there in about an hour. If anyone goes out there I'll be wearing a Black polo and jeans with a black paracord bracelet.

-James

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Concealed means concealed. :o

Last time I was there the cops put a wand on me? It was over a year ago though and I was their first thing in the morning on opening day. It wasnt a problem because I didnt carry then anyway. Anyway Ill be there later today but I dont plan on buying anything just looking around.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ammo on the other hand... those guys are terrible businessmen, and the buyers are idiots. They must not realize there's this thing called the internet that allows me to find the best price on ammo and have it shipped to my door while I'm in my underpants and watching a movie.

I agree completely. That's exactly what I tell my buddy when we go to the show. $650 on an AK I can have delivered and transferred for $400. Ammo at 50% more than I can get it delivered to my door. EVERY time I go I say I won't go back. But then I get bored and apparently have $8 to waste so I go again. I guess you have to view it as an $8 admission to the world's worst gun museum. Sometimes I pick up a mag or some miscellaneous item. Sometimes a vendor has a decent price on a cheaper gun. I got my first Hi-Point at a gun show just for S&Gs. I ended up liking it and bought more at subsequent shows. It's a way to kill a few hours I guess. I wish it was more like a swap meet rather than a venue for dealers to sell new stock at jacked up prices.

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    On a scale 1-10 I'd say today's Show was about a 2. The Reload guys were selling 9mm 1000 rounds for 250. Umm....that's the same price for factory Federal from wally world. No thanks!

Only one Saiga 12 there today and it was 600 bucks. No thanks! I can get it local or FFL it for less than that. Thought there would be more tactical booths there...NEGATIVE. And everyone was selling their pieces for retail. Greeeeat....

And the people that were there selling their own guns walking around were super proud of their pieces too...wasted the day...GRR!

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    HUM?

[/SIZE]
    On a scale 1-10 I'd say today's Show was about a 2. The Reload guys were selling 9mm 1000 rounds for 250. Umm....that's the same price for factory Federal from wally world. No thanks!

Only one Saiga 12 there today and it was 600 bucks. No thanks! I can get it local or FFL it for less than that. Thought there would be more tactical booths there...NEGATIVE. And everyone was selling their pieces for retail. Greeeeat....

And the people that were there selling their own guns walking around were super proud of their pieces too...wasted the day...GRR!

AND EVERYONE THINKS I RUN HOE'S
    SOUNDS LIKE THEY AT THE GUN SHOWS!

Save your money for ice cream and popcorn and a date with your main squeeze instead!

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    You'll get the better deals from people walking around with guns for sale.
    After they get a few of the dealer's low ball offers, you can usually pick up stuff at a decent discount. I usually do good selling to individuals and buying from individuals.

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    I went with a buddy today, picked up 100 rounds of .40 cal. and a decent IWB holster. The real treat was going to Cabela's on the way out. Got a Hogue grip and priced out .40 cal. dies and plates for reloading.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    was planning on going in the morning before work to check out getting some 7.62x54r and a few g22 mags. should i stay home?

Top Bottom