Got Some Questions for Members...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    There was a gun writer who died last year after the Colt .32 that he carried stuffed in the waistband without a holster, fell, discharged and killed him. It happened the Friday before the Tactical Conference, as a matter of fact. Several gun writer friends of mine got the phone call on Saturday.

Steve had actually written an article in SWAT concerning this pistol and had made the comment that he finally had some decent holsters for it [that he reviewed in the article], but for whatever reason, he wasn't using one of them.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    There was a gun writer who died last year after the Colt .32 that he carried stuffed in the waistband without a holster, fell, discharged and killed him. It happened the Friday before the Tactical Conference, as a matter of fact. Several gun writer friends of mine got the phone call on Saturday.

Steve had actually written an article in SWAT concerning this pistol and had made the comment that he finally had some decent holsters for it [that he reviewed in the article], but for whatever reason, he wasn't using one of them.

i know its stupid and dangerous, i just keep putting it off like an idiot. one of those i'll do it next week things. which is exactly what i'm telling myself right now (but with real intensions of doing it when paid). i just hope i don't get distracted as usual.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    God rest his soul, but I find it interesting that a 32 acp was able to kill him. To hear people talk it's useless for a CCW. I carry one sometimes in my pocket if I have to dress so NOTHING else will work.

Dave

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    God rest his soul, but I find it interesting that a 32 acp was able to kill him. To hear people talk it's useless for a CCW. I carry one sometimes in my pocket if I have to dress so NOTHING else will work.

Dave

anything can kill you if if hits in the right spot; its just far from the best.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less

Dave

Yeah, it was a total freak accident. Fellow's name was Steve Malloy and he had an article on Colt's 1903 Pocket Model in the May 2009 issue of SWAT. That's the gun that was involved.

And, yes, SWAT has published a couple of posthumous articles that they had in the pipeline prior to his passing. ;)

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Holster = Dale Frichey's "JOAB" - color black
    Appendix Inside the Waistband at 1:00 position. The JOAB is formed 'curved to your body' and is tuckable. I got the full 'length' in this holster so all models of the Glock 40SW frame can be carried G27-G23-G22

joabtan1.jpg

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=319

Gun Belt - Kramer Gun Leather double thick Horsehide in Burgundy

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=34&categoryID=2

These belt are the highest quality that I've ever seen.

I own three and have had them since the late 90's. Rotate them for wear and use a little Lexol leather cleaner and they are good to go.

TK

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwr461

Dave
    anything can kill you if if hits in the right spot; its just far from the best.

Um that was sarcasm.

Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    I can't CC yet, but am taking the class soon. Here is my response though:

What do you look for in gear for concealed carry?
    Comfort, durability, accessibility, and how well it conceals.

What do you look for in holster design?
    Comfort, durability, accessibility, and how well it conceals.

What do you look for in a belt?
    One that is stiff enough to hold up my rig comfortably and close to my body.

What do you look for in a mag pouch?
    One that retains my mag solidly, but I should still be able to get to it without trouble in times of desperation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom