Group Buy??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Okay guys, I have a good dilemma. I am having a tough time making a choice. So here is the options.

1. Get 2 Romy G Kits + 1000 rounds of 7.62x39. Overall this option is probably the best value, but the problem with this option is that I already own 2 Romy's (SAR 1 + completed G Kit) which would leave me with 4 Romy's.
    2. Get a Century Yugo M70. I do not have a Yugo yet, and I do want one, but ultimately this route leaves me with one less one rifle and down 1000 rounds.

So if it was you, what would you do?

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    How much 'gunsmithing' ability/tools is required to put one of these kits together? I'm 'sorta' interested out of curiousity but I'm not a smithy by any stretch of the imagination.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    How much 'gunsmithing' ability/tools is required to put one of these kits together?

Building an AK from a parts kit only requires a minimum collection of tools (drill, vice, drimel, hammer etc.) but having a drill press, side grinder, and hydraulic press will make thing so much easier. Experienced ‘hobby’ builders with all the neato tools still take 8+ hours per build.

I would recommend getting in on the next SLAKER build….that way you will have access to the needed tools, gigs, and experienced builders.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The thing to know about these Century kits is that they're older than the ones you get from DPH or Copes. This has two major implications.

1) Their parts are generally better quality as far as manufacture is concerned. Romanian AKs built before 1981 seem to have had better quality control than those made afterwards.

2) The older rifles were issued to the army instead of the Guardia, so they got used a lot. Their bores will show more use therefore. Last year when I bought about 100 of them for resale I found about 1 in ten had a rough bore, and about 1 in 20 had to have its barrel replaced because it was too bad - worn crown or throat or massive pitting in the bore.

I built the worst one I found just to see how the bad barrel affected it. At 100 yards about 1 in ten rounds heyholed, but the 10-round groups were still about 8 - 10 inches. I did all the tests with iron sights at 100 yards.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    OK it looks like we have enough people to do a buy. Anybody who wants to can get their funds to me however you want. You can drive to my house

216 Rosewood Dr.
    Metairie, LA 70005
    (504) 301-7060

You can mail me a check or money order, or you can send the money (+4%) via Paypal using [B]regmar@my-rifle.com[/B] as the recipient.

When you send the money, regardless of how you do so, send me an email with

your username
    your real name
    your address
    what you want (include quantity)
    how much you sent

Also include something with the funds that tie it to you, so I can match up the checks with the orders. I suggest if you use Paypal you write "Magic Beans" in the comment. DO NOT MENTION FIREARMS when using Paypal, because they'll lock both our accounts.

As soon as all the funds are in (or we reach $500) I'll place the order.

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    myrifle

Can you check and see if the kits are available? I was told yesterday that they no longer accept C&R FFL's by fax. C&R's are only accepted if an ink signed copy is mailed in.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    NM, I'll have to wait. Apparently funds are a bit tight right now. :o I should have whatever I need by the next rifle build though. :bigok:

Top Bottom