gun cart and 10/22 fun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Well it's not exactly "gunsmithing" but I did build it to carry guns...
    just figured I would share the latest little toy with everyone. Built a cart to help carry everything around when going to the range or the woods. I tried it out on a trip to Honey Island Range yesterday and it was ten times better than balancing crap in a wagon or carrying it by hand. This is the almost complete picture. The base and barrel rest areas are lined in cork board right now but will eventualy all be fully wrapped in black carpet. The piping is now wrapped in black foam insulation wrap. I will also be building or purchasing a dedicated box for the bottom to carry a bunch of pistols. For now I was able to fit an ammo can a few pistol pouches down there.

Also I threw in a pic of my son's 10/22 I just put together for him. Had to go with the adjustable Axiom stock because he is only 6 and target stocks are prettly limited for youth sizes. He shoots better with his bolt action, thinking mainly because he shoots slower and takes his time with it but he is learning well.
    That's a 3" target at 25yards. Took him a few rounds to warm up but once he did it was on.

Attachments

• IMG_20131109_230432_225.jpg
      IMG_20131109_230432_225.jpg
      243.1 KB · Views: 102
    • IMG_20131109_230546_853.jpg
      IMG_20131109_230546_853.jpg
      220.8 KB · Views: 89
    • IMG_20131110_120825_933.jpg
      IMG_20131110_120825_933.jpg
      233.5 KB · Views: 81

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I really like the idea of the cart. Is that a Harbor Freight conversion? One serious question though: When your pulling the cart, do you have 6 rifles bouncing around, while pointed at your head/face?

Stock looks cool, too. What type of scope is that?

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Yeah it was a Harbor Freight welding cart. The rifles are held in pretty well, the barrels have small bunjee chords that hold the down and the stocks are fit into the cork board base. They really don't bounce around in the cart. As far as pointing them in your face, it's easier to pull it from slightly off the side rather than walk directly in front so they don't really point right at you. I prefer if they were pointing down but Honey Islands backwards safety rule of pointing the muzzle straight in the air instead of down at the ground is why I did it like this. There is a few little mods I'll be doing still, this pic is just with the boards temporarly in place for fitting.

The stock is pretty neat, kinda flimsy on the forend but it's free floating and can't touch the barrel so not a big deal for my son. The scope is just one I picked up off of Ebay, think it's a 4x fixed power. Nothing fancy but it works for 25-50yds. Crosshairs are a little thick to push more than that with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom