Gun Counter Employees

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    What? That's legit? Is that the one in Denham Springs or Gonzales? Cause I haven't had buffalo in forever.

. . .
    The Elk burgers are better.
    Here's one of mine
    While looking at AR's the customers beside me were being told about the proper use of the forward assist, " in case of a malfunction like a double feed hit the bottom of the mag then the forward assist a few times" I couldn't let that go and entered the discussion, telling everyone that's just wrong! The expert got upset with me, and I ended up walking away the looser of the encounter

SPORTS
    Slap the mag
    Pull the charging handle
    Observe the chamber
    Release the bolt
    Tap the forward assist.
    Squeeze off the next round into the enemy's throat

Well, . . . something like that.

Last edited:

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I was in an LGS a while back. The customer had just gotten her CCW and was looking at the pistols. The very knowledgeable salesman was trying to explain to her why one of the Kel Tec pistols was black and why one was blue. She just couldn’t grasp that they are simply different color frames. I finally butted in and said that one pistol was for formal wear and the other was for casual wear. The customer said *Oh, then I need more that one pistol*? The salesman was about to bite his tongue off to keep from laughing when she bought BOTH pistols.

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I was in an LGS a while back. The customer had just gotten her CCW and was looking at the pistols. The very knowledgeable salesman was trying to explain to her why one of the Kel Tec pistols was black and why one was blue. She just couldn’t grasp that they are simply different color frames. I finally butted in and said that one pistol was for formal wear and the other was for casual wear. The customer said *Oh, then I need more that one pistol*? The salesman was about to bite his tongue off to keep from laughing when she bought BOTH pistols.

I'd have given you a discount on your next purchase or a box of ammo or something for getting me a free sale, if I was him. :p

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

That sounds almost too funny to be believable, but I could definitely see my mom doing something like that. :doh: My poor dad.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

That is too funny.

CCantu357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Most of the LGS around me are good. Some of the big chain stores can be hit or miss, and I have been to some local shops out of town where the salesmen were just foolish. I get a kick when I am told there is no such gun as a 10mm Auto, or a .257 Roberts. Then again some that do know them are sure to inform me that .45 ACP is much better and more powerful than the 10mm, and maybe even the .44 Mag-after all 45 is a greater number than 44!

Last edited:

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    My favorite was the guy telling the customer to hold his home defense shotgun against his thigh because its the largest muscle in his body and controls recoil better. And that it would make it easier for his wife to control the 12 ga.

Hold it against the manly parts because its manly...and stupid SHOULD hurt!

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I bought a Remington 30-06 rifle at an LGS two weeks ago. Young salesman refused to sell me any Winchester 30-06 ammo as it is dangerous to fire ammunition from another manufacturer. I wonder what you're supposed to shoot in a Tarus?

Last edited:

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    People beez dumb. Didn't we establish that like forever ago? :P

Yeah but you know it is never ending with the interwebz. Then you have the same old people just hanging out in the gun stores and stuff running off at the mouth with the same old stories.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Lowest common denominator 99% of the time. They all either are STUPID or ARROGANT. Rare to find one that is cool and knowledgeable. I like Arms Merchant in Mandeville, they have always been decent and treated me right.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    went with a guy I know a few years ago to look at 1911's for him. Listened to the salesman tell him how he preferred the springfield GI because of the sights; they were much finer and designed for long range shooting, which is how he likes to use a 1911. I did not argue, just adopted the attitude of my signature. He dropped a few more gem's that day, but this is the one that stood out. My friend decided the sights were difficult to use, hard to acquire, and not useful for how he envisioned himself using a 1911. I sided with my friend.

Last edited:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    These are such great stories, I'm LMBO !! I have had these similar encounters and have learned to ignore the questions and advice and simply say, this is what I'm looking for and buy it !! If they get pushy, don't argue just tell them I didn't come here to get your advice I came here to buy a gun, do you want to sell it or not ?!?!

CCantu357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I bought a Remington 30-06 rifle at an LGS two weeks ago. Young salesman refused to sell me any Winchester 30-06 ammo as it is dangerous to fire ammunition from another manufacturer. I wonder what you're supposed to shoot in a Tarus?

I wonder what you are supposed to shoot in a Glock 22 .40S&W or G33 .357 Sig? I guess Winchester Silvertips can only be used in Winchester guns!

Last edited:

swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    Here's one. Years ago, I called the local K Mart and asked the lady in the sporting goods department to give me the price of a Ruger 10-22. She puts me on hold for all of five minutes then returns and asks " Is that a 22 gauge ?" to which I hung up. These people should have their genitals revoked!!!

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Here's one. Years ago, I called the local K Mart and asked the lady in the sporting goods department to give me the price of a Ruger 10-22. She puts me on hold for all of five minutes then returns and asks " Is that a 22 gauge ?" to which I hung up. These people should have their genitals revoked!!!

when my wife was about 19, k-mart put her behind the gun counter, and she knew absolutely nothing about guns, had never even shot one at that point. They just told her to sell people what they wanted.

Which brings up a interesting point. So many of these salesmen seem to be interested in talking people out of buying something. I've worked retail, if someone comes in and says I want that, you sell them that! I just don't get it.

Top Bottom