Gun Counter Employees

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    when my wife was about 19, k-mart put her behind the gun counter, and she knew absolutely nothing about guns, had never even shot one at that point. They just told her to sell people what they wanted.

Which brings up a interesting point. So many of these salesmen seem to be interested in talking people out of buying something. I've worked retail, if someone comes in and says I want that, you sell them that! I just don't get it.

Yeah, no joke. I sold computers and cell phones at Best Buy for a few years. I loved the customers that walked in knowing exactly what they wanted, instead of me having to figure out their needs and find the right one for them. So much easier... I don't get the gun store guys that are pushy about a certain brand or model.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    This thread gave me a 70's flashback.
    One of my first jobs was working sporting goods at Woolco.
    Guns, archery, bowling balls. Didn't know much about any of them. I DO remember having to log ammo sales. Driver's license, had to list all info and have the purchaser sign. I don't know if this was a Louisiana thing at the time or a Woolco thing.

Top Bottom