GUN MEETUP SNATCH AND GRAB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I always communicate with people on the board here before I ever set up the deal. I research them and if they are newly joined, red flag #1, I control the meeting place & time. if not red flag #2 and it stops there. But fortunately I never really have any issues with people on here. I do sell some stuff of Facebook Market place and hate it, that place you really have to be careful. I will never sell a gun on there or any other NON B/S site. Just my .02 cents.

Glad you OK man and hopefully lessons learned.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    A reminder is always helpful, so thanks for that and I'm glad that you weren't hurt in the process.

That said, if you are sketchy in the least, I'm out. I would never hand a firearm to anyone who I am uncomfortable having one no matter your race. Reading a book by its cover is a skill that has, from an evolutionary standpoint, allowed us all to be here. There is always another buyer out there.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Louisiana has some safe exchange sites for future reference. I've used them before and they have 100% 24/7 Surveillance.

Lafayette at the Police Department on E University Ave.

Morgan City at the Police Department on Myrtle St.

Baton Rouge at the Police Headquarters on Airline Hwy.

Natchitoches at the Police Headquarters on Amulet St.

Luling at the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office on Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway.

Colfax at the Grant Parish Sheriff’s Office on Cypress St.

Covington at the Police Station E. Kirkland St.

West Monroe at the Police Station on N Seventh St.
    JPSO has one at the east bank station off of Airline, but I'd be a little hesitant to start handling firearms in a police station parking lot. I can just imagine a jumpy recruit witnessing a man with a gun.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Heads up in light of this, as you can see the theme here is pay attention and listen to that instinct.

A few months ago I had a firearm for sale a fairly new member (no feedback at all, member maybe 2/3 months) real hot on getting my firearm NOW. I didn’t have to even think as someone was ahead of him, non event, but I wasn’t comfortable.

Fast forward this week, a brand new member wants to meet in the middle of Nola, offers up an out of state area code for me to call, the meet is downtown and the member just joined hours ago in the wee hours of the morning. Not today Renee.

Another non event, I didn’t respond, it just smells like the shrimp left out over the weekend in the summer heat. A few hundred bucks isn’t worth putting yourself in a bad situation potentially.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    As a newbie here I appreciate you posting this.
    Also be aware of last minute location changes. They may seem generally normal at the onset, then you arrive and they say "I moved, come behind XXX building down the street" then give some bogus reason.

Trust your instincts, if its weird or bells ring, there is a reason. Dont dismiss it.

Gavin De Becker, in "The gift of fear" writes a lot about the power of denial. Going behind that building, or last minute changes to a deal have consequences. The easiest way to do the deal is the parking lot of a Police Station. If its not a public trade type of space, call or walk in and tell them you are doing a legal purchase and feel better with them watching. If the buyer backs out, then you know why.

Judg3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2023
    Mandeville
    Also be aware of last minute location changes. They may seem generally normal at the onset, then you arrive and they say "I moved, come behind XXX building down the street" then give some bogus reason.

Trust your instincts, if its weird or bells ring, there is a reason. Dont dismiss it.

Gavin De Becker, in "The gift of fear" writes a lot about the power of denial. Going behind that building, or last minute changes to a deal have consequences. The easiest way to do the deal is the parking lot of a Police Station. If its not a public trade type of space, call or walk in and tell them you are doing a legal purchase and feel better with them watching. If the buyer backs out, then you know why.
    Excellent advice! Coincidentally I've actually had that book downloaded on audible for a while. I think that is the nudge I needed to give it a listen.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Heads up in light of this, as you can see the theme here is pay attention and listen to that instinct.

A few months ago I had a firearm for sale a fairly new member (no feedback at all, member maybe 2/3 months) real hot on getting my firearm NOW. I didn’t have to even think as someone was ahead of him, non event, but I wasn’t comfortable.

Fast forward this week, a brand new member wants to meet in the middle of Nola, offers up an out of state area code for me to call, the meet is downtown and the member just joined hours ago in the wee hours of the morning. Not today Renee.

Another non event, I didn’t respond, it just smells like the shrimp left out over the weekend in the summer heat. A few hundred bucks isn’t worth putting yourself in a bad situation potentially.
    Please, please, please report people like this using the report message button that is on all posts and PMs... We can't do anything about it unless y'all report them.

Good book, highly recommend.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Please, please, please report people like this using the report message button that is on all posts and PMs... We can't do anything about it unless y'all report them.

Good book, highly recommend.
    Hey Austin,

you guys may have pulled the PM I got from the new Premium member wanting to meet by the super dome. With an out of state area code. No car etc.

I went to my PM to report it and it’s gone. It was there, he contacted me about 1-1.5 weeks ago.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey Austin,

you guys may have pulled the PM I got from the new Premium member wanting to meet by the super dome. With an out of state area code. No car etc.

I went to my PM to report it and it’s gone. It was there, he contacted me about 1-1.5 weeks ago.

I don't believe the mods can delete pm's. I don't believe Austin can either. And I don't think either participant can delete the conversation either. The only options I have for editing a conversation are to
    -allow other participants to invite people to the conversation
    -lock the conversation
    -prevent the conversation starter from unlocking the conversation

If you remember the guy's name, you are welcome to pm me or austin and we can keep an eye on him.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don't believe the mods can delete pm's. I don't believe Austin can either. And I don't think either participant can delete the conversation either. The only options I have for editing a conversation are to
    -allow other participants to invite people to the conversation
    -lock the conversation
    -prevent the conversation starter from unlocking the conversation

If you remember the guy's name, you are welcome to pm me or austin and we can keep an eye on him.
    Wouldn’t deleting the account delete all of the post and PM’s from said account or no?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I didn’t take the time to post this for your sympathy. Just wanted to make sure no one makes the same mistakes as me.
    Like others here, not trying to add to your grief, but until today, pretty sure none of us knew anyone who would hand their pistol to a stranger sitting in the driver’s seat of a running car.

Thanks for the heads up. I wish for your sake that someone would have mentioned to you the general guidelines for selling anything to a stranger. There are some helpful tips posted in the marketplace rules. We all make mistakes but we can also learn from them.
    Lastly, count your blessings. You lost a $500 possession but you lived to tell about it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    That’s why you don’t put your number in your ad, make them contact via pm… and

NEVER SELL A GUN WITHOUT HAVING A LOADED GUN ON YOU!!!

And agreement with above… no gun is presented till we shake hands, meet, I check his attitude, and a few mins of small talk… then you have the opportunity to walk away… again it never would have wound up in his hands while he was in his car… that’s LOCO!!! Never in my wildest dreams would that be possible in my realm of buy/sell/trade lol… good luck to you buddy
    But in this situation what good is a loaded gun? I can’t see where deadly force would have been justified.
    I also didn’t see where the victim said he didn’t have a loaded gun with him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom