Gun Registration: Let’s try again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But the topic is not about publicly gathered lists of gun owners?!? At least if they did that, then those that may still doubt the resolve of these parasitical political freedom hating traitors to stamp out individual gun Rights in this country may start to see the light. :dunno:

Some people don’t doubt the resolve of those traitors. They just doubt the traitors have been harvesting 4473’s for the information for the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    These proposals amount to an unreasonable restriction of a Constitutional Right.
    They represent a significant obstacle to poor people's rights to self protection.
    This is as unconstitutional as a poll tax.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is that a confession through projection? There's nothing in my post to even suggest envy. My point is that there are people on this message board who frequently mention in their comments they have one of these or two of those in their safe. It would be reasonable to believe they aren't concerned with the government having a list of what they own because they are publicly providing that list to everyone. My reply has nothing to do with me unless I frequently brag about weapons I own. I do not. I rarely mention what I may or may not have.
    Confession of what? I actually thought maybe I’d found the reason I seem to get under your skin so much.
    So what you were saying is, everyone who posts in the handgun and rifle threads or posts pics or info on a new gun they bought or built is bragging? Or constantly bragging? Anyway, I just associate accusations of bragging with envy. I guess that’s just a character flaw of mine.
    You quote my post and give your version of how you must believe the government would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding who’s who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw. Do you think it’s less likely that they’d just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of what’s included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess it’s a workaround.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    ...would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding who’s who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw. Do you think it’s less likely that they’d just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of what’s included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess it’s a workaround.

Bills, laws, rights -they're for entertainment purposes and litigation. More the former in my mind. The law books are being overwritten by AI algorithms faster than you can blink an eye. AI data are continuously improving, automatically doing the combing, searching, checking, compiling, listing, using, timing, matching, deciding, addressing, ad infinitum. The overwhelming data produced by AI in nano seconds at any given moment will wholly negate your denial of who you are or claim to be. Your ability to challenge a supercomputer is nada to the 3rd power. AI is on this my brother. It's a good time for each of us to swallow this chunk of truth and change some behaviors. AI is running everything of any significance and especially those previously "unsolveable" issues. Prime example https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/final-hhs-ai-strategy.pdf
    Anyone who is holding dear to some kind of parchment paper and a flag is going to have their ass handed to them, and soon. YMMV (but I doubt it). Your friend -Mike (but please refer to me as the "Mickster", or better yet, Miguel, hell yeah ... I'm Miguel Montero on here from now on! LOL)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Confession of what? I actually thought maybe I’d found the reason I seem to get under your skin so much.

I didn't say you liked to brag about what you own but you sure seem to believe you do since you made my statement about you. I replied to your post because it was your post that resurrected the thread. And you don't get under my skin, despite your best efforts. You're honestly just not that important to me. I can't think of anyone on this forum that is important enough to me that I would allow them to get under my skin.

So what you were saying is, everyone who posts in the handgun and rifle threads or posts pics or info on a new gun they bought or built is bragging? Or constantly bragging? Anyway, I just associate accusations of bragging with envy. I guess that’s just a character flaw of mine.

No.

You quote my post and give your version of how you must believe the government would compile a list from combing the net for what a person says they own at a particular time, then searching IP addresses and matching that with screen names and deciding who’s who, etc.. things that can be denied, btw.

Nope. That's not what I posted.

Do you think it’s less likely that they’d just use background checks and credit/debit card info to compile a list? Especially in light of what’s included in the bill? That would kind of be like reaching around your elbow to get to your ass, but I guess it’s a workaround.

If they currently compiled a list from the background checks, they would need a number of people to keep quiet about their illegal activity. In order to get credit card/debit card records, they are supposed to have subpoenas. That means a judge would need to sign off on it and there would be a paper trail. Public information is public. It's not illegal and there's no paper trail. I think keeping track of public information is about as likely as them having a list from background checks or from credit/debit card records. I don't believe any of the three is probable but I think they are all just as likely. And the fact they have a bill suggests they are not currently compiling the information. If they were, they wouldn't need the bill.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I didn't say you liked to brag about what you own but you sure seem to believe you do since you made my statement about you. I replied to your post because it was your post that resurrected the thread. And you don't get under my skin, despite your best efforts. You're honestly just not that important to me. I can't think of anyone on this forum that is important enough to me that I would allow them to get under my skin.

No.

If they currently compiled a list from the background checks, they would need a number of people to keep quiet about their illegal activity. In order to get credit card/debit card records, they are supposed to have subpoenas. That means a judge would need to sign off on it and there would be a paper trail. Public information is public. It's not illegal and there's no paper trail. I think keeping track of public information is about as likely as them having a list from background checks or from credit/debit card records. I don't believe any of the three is probable but I think they are all just as likely. And the fact they have a bill suggests they are not currently compiling the information. If they were, they wouldn't need the bill.
    So now you’re telling me what I believe? Nice.
    You sure do spend a lot of time replying to my posts to say that you’re not concerned with me, but ok.
    I don’t buy into the belief that our government agencies are going to do everything lawfully because they’ve got a real crappy track record to date. ATF, FBI, take your pick.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bills, laws, rights -they're for entertainment purposes and litigation. More the former in my mind. The law books are being overwritten by AI algorithms faster than you can blink an eye. AI data are continuously improving, automatically doing the combing, searching, checking, compiling, listing, using, timing, matching, deciding, addressing, ad infinitum. The overwhelming data produced by AI in nano seconds at any given moment will wholly negate your denial of who you are or claim to be. Your ability to challenge a supercomputer is nada to the 3rd power.)
    And you think I can’t deny owning anything that AI thinks I own? Settle down bro, AI ain’t God. Yeah, the powers that be can do wonders with a supercomputer but omnipotent they ain’t.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So now you’re telling me what I believe? Nice.
    You sure do spend a lot of time replying to my posts to say that you’re not concerned with me, but ok.
    I don’t buy into the belief that our government agencies are going to do everything lawfully because they’ve got a real crappy track record to date. ATF, FBI, take your pick.

No. I don't have any clue what you believe. I'm simply using observation and reasoning to conclude what it seems you believe. It's possible that your beliefs and the beliefs suggested by your reactions are not the same.

seems - give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

No.

I think that even if the bill passes, there will be some resistance from within the ATF. Most agents I work with want less regulation, not more.

Any bill will have to pass the Senate and pass challenges in the court.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think you can deny. I'm always settled. Agreed, not my God either -but alas, one of the other concurrent agendas, is the removal of God in lieu of "science". I know very little, but this was posted by another, on this very forum, on this very day.

https://www.americanpartisan.org/20...-door-kickers-to-enforce-the-coming-gun-bans/

Don't get caught with your fly open Z -would be a damned shame.
    Well thanks for the heads up then. Contingency. Get some, lol.
    That article sounds like a plant to get people to give up yesterday. I expect the worst but we won’t get there as quick as that guy thinks.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I think that even if the bill passes, there will be some resistance from within the ATF. Most agents I work with want less regulation, not more.

Any bill will have to pass the Senate and pass challenges in the court.
    LOL. The courts have proven themselves to be a joke. We have so hope in the Senate if they need 2/3 to pass this crap.

The only reason for registration is to aid in future confiscation.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    If Biden is going to push gun registration I would rather him do it before he packs the supreme court .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    It’s illegal for the government to compile a list of owners from form 4473. If it’s illegal for the government to record publicly available information, I’m not familiar with that law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun owners protection 1986

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    It doesn't matter if someone says they own a certain gun on an internet forum or not. It is still currently illegal for the government to compile a list of firearm owners and their firearms.
    They have a list of concealed carry permit holders. Check it out . Missouri is the only state I'm aware of that put a stop to state police giving the list to the atf and social security office . Now Mo doesn't even give the state police that information . Edited to add ,I think Florida has passed laws to protect concealed carry permit holders identity .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom