Gun Registration: Let’s try again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    Well, it happened in Australia almost overnight. They never saw it coming, or at least that’s what they say, but if you listen to any God fearing gun loving ausie, he’ll tell you how fast it can happen here and we better start putting up more of a fight or it’s bolt actions and crack barrels for everyone.

You'll have to ask Comrade Government for permission first though...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Please tell me you didn’t completely miss the bucketload of sarcasm I’m my post...

Nay. I thought you made my point eloquently.

Well, it happened in Australia almost overnight. They never saw it coming, or at least that’s what they say, but if you listen to any God fearing gun loving ausie, he’ll tell you how fast it can happen here and we better start putting up more of a fight or it’s bolt actions and crack barrels for everyone.

It's going to happen just that fast here, except for the Supreme Court. That's our savior. If they decide to stack the court, all bets are off.

Democrats are in panic mode for a reason. This country is a tinder box waiting for a spark.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Am I alone?
    I'm seeing a wall built in Washington with our military defending Congress.
    I'm seeing a giant anti gun bill just waiting to go.
    I'm thinking what will happen before March, which is how long the wall and military will have to stay.
    I'm thinking red flag. Save our children. A big massacre of our children and grandchildren would set the stage.
    Use the tragedy to pass bill, we would go to Washington to protest. There is the wall.
    I know this will probably be removed but it won't change reality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tat2edSuperman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    Exactly. But If you were to ask the "average" Republican or Democrat, it's my opinion that they would see each other, and not tyrranical govt as the enemy, which is, ironically exactly how the true enemy has succeeded so far. Simple misdirection via the vast resources of a very liberal minded .1% superwealthy, media moguls, tech giants and the mainstream media. Watch the left hand sneak a cookie from the cookie jar so that you don't notice the right hand taking your wallet. Divide, disarm, conquer and control. So far they've been gangbusters at the first one.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I think this in some form or another is coming.

‘’the Dems have a puppet in the White House with Cruella Deville waiting for him the be taken out one way or another about mid-term so she can then run for 2.

‘’them Dems have enough support to ram this down the country’s throat. Unlike the Donald, his 1st 2 years was a missed opportunity as the Republicans wouldn’t let him get anything done either. He was fighting everyone from jump street.

i seem to remember hearing about a mandatory $800 per gun insurance (read tax) per year, mandatory of course. Also Joe & the Hoe saying 10 rounds are too much to have in any gun.

Packing the court With bleeding heart liberals, will make this like a rocket sled on rails.

This is not good for any of us, one for our rights, the 2A, also economically. Look at the lost jobs, revenue, not to mention value we lose in our own equipment.

There are dark clouds on the horizon.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    Problem is war weariness with the whole thing. The left is relentless, and it's gun grabbing over and over and over and over and over....
    Eventually we get apathetic from the endless progression of gun grabbing bills, and the moment we stop pressuring our Reps, the leftists manage to push something through. And again, and again over the years until they ultimately just take everything. I'm mostly just sick of the GOP senators being spineless all the time.

I do wonder if this third party thing will actually become a reality. I'd join a more centrist-oriented party in a heartbeat over the current GOP. I'd prefer a conservative party with a spine, but the GOP members are feckless, RINOs or both. I'd happily vote for candidates with more centrist/center-left views than I have, as long as they'd actually stand up to the crazy leftists instead of just pretending to and repeatedly caving. And you don't need a majority to filibuster.

I just want reps that actively work to stop these nation-destroying policies and EOs (gun grabbing, energy dependence, mass illegal-immigration, selling out to and sourcing of critical infrastructure from hostile nations, etc.), regardless if the cost is more liberal bills being passed - I just want the insanity to stop.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Am I alone?
    I'm seeing a wall built in Washington with our military defending Congress.
    I'm seeing a giant anti gun bill just waiting to go.
    I'm thinking what will happen before March, which is how long the wall and military will have to stay.
    I'm thinking red flag. Save our children. A big massacre of our children and grandchildren would set the stage.
    Use the tragedy to pass bill, we would go to Washington to protest. There is the wall.
    I know this will probably be removed but it won't change reality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am seeing the same thing as you. Scary, isn't it?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I think this in some form or another is coming.

‘’the Dems have a puppet in the White House with Cruella Deville waiting for him the be taken out one way or another about mid-term so she can then run for 2.

‘’them Dems have enough support to ram this down the country’s throat. Unlike the Donald, his 1st 2 years was a missed opportunity as the Republicans wouldn’t let him get anything done either. He was fighting everyone from jump street.

i seem to remember hearing about a mandatory $800 per gun insurance (read tax) per year, mandatory of course. Also Joe & the Hoe saying 10 rounds are too much to have in any gun.

Packing the court With bleeding heart liberals, will make this like a rocket sled on rails.

This is not good for any of us, one for our rights, the 2A, also economically. Look at the lost jobs, revenue, not to mention value we lose in our own equipment.

There are dark clouds on the horizon.

True. But just remember that this is a fake, illegitimate administration. Don't forget this. They wouldn't have to have a sitting army defending them if it wasn't fake and illegitimate.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Really? Envy much? LMAO!
    Lotta pics posted too huh.

Is that a confession through projection? There's nothing in my post to even suggest envy. My point is that there are people on this message board who frequently mention in their comments they have one of these or two of those in their safe. It would be reasonable to believe they aren't concerned with the government having a list of what they own because they are publicly providing that list to everyone. My reply has nothing to do with me unless I frequently brag about weapons I own. I do not. I rarely mention what I may or may not have.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    Is that a confession through projection? There's nothing in my post to even suggest envy. My point is that there are people on this message board who frequently mention in their comments they have one of these or two of those in their safe. It would be reasonable to believe they aren't concerned with the government having a list of what they own because they are publicly providing that list to everyone. My reply has nothing to do with me unless I frequently brag about weapons I own. I do not. I rarely mention what I may or may not have.

It doesn't matter if someone says they own a certain gun on an internet forum or not. It is still currently illegal for the government to compile a list of firearm owners and their firearms.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It doesn't matter if someone says they own a certain gun on an internet forum or not. It is still currently illegal for the government to compile a list of firearm owners and their firearms.

It’s illegal for the government to compile a list of owners from form 4473. If it’s illegal for the government to record publicly available information, I’m not familiar with that law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It’s illegal for the government to compile a list of owners from form 4473. If it’s illegal for the government to record publicly available information, I’m not familiar with that law.

But the topic is not about publicly gathered lists of gun owners?!? At least if they did that, then those that may still doubt the resolve of these parasitical political freedom hating traitors to stamp out individual gun Rights in this country may start to see the light. :dunno:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But the topic is not about publicly gathered lists of gun owners?!? At least if they did that, then those that may still doubt the resolve of these parasitical political freedom hating traitors to stamp out individual gun Rights in this country may start to see the light. :dunno:

The topic, based on the original post, is a gun registration that would surely be for the purpose of future confiscation. If a registration is implemented, a list would certainly be created. It’s that list that would facilitate any confiscation. Could confiscation be attempted without registration? Sure. But without a registration, the confiscation would be much more difficult because of the lack of a list that would come from the registration. But if you could create the list without a registration, confiscation would become a little easier. So it would seem reasonable that someone concerned with a possible future confiscation would be a little hesitant to volunteer the information that would be put on a list created by a registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom