gunshow at lamar tomorrow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Got there about 11:00 with my son. Prices high. Too many people in there. I thought I might buy some ammo but didn't feel like dealing with the crowds anymore for a small savings. I'll pay more to have delivered to my front door and not have to deal with gun shows.

My thoughts:

1) If you're going to make the commitment to wearing a costume to a gun show, wear the whole freaking thing. For example wearing the Vietnam era jungle fatigues complete with hat but not with the jungle boots. If you instead chose to wear white Reeboks rather than the whole period correct costume than I'm talking to you.

2) If you're carrying around a rifle and I ask you how much you want to for it. You should have a freaking number in mind. You brought the darn thing. Don't make me throw out the first number. You're selling the thing. The booths don't make me guess the price.

3) The booths are tight. There are a lot of people. It's called deodorant. I shouldn't know when the same guy is around me by his stink without seeing him. Deodorant and soap are cheaper than gun stuff. If you can't afford them don't come to the show, you stinkin' pig!

I feel better having vented. Have a nice day.

Dave

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Got there about 11:00 with my son. Prices high. Too many people in there. I thought I might buy some ammo but didn't feel like dealing with the crowds anymore for a small savings. I'll pay more to have delivered to my front door and not have to deal with gun shows.

My thoughts:

1) If you're going to make the commitment to wearing a costume to a gun show, wear the whole freaking thing. For example wearing the Vietnam era jungle fatigues complete with hat but not with the jungle boots. If you instead chose to wear white Reeboks rather than the whole period correct costume than I'm talking to you.

2) If you're carrying around a rifle and I ask you how much you want to for it. You should have a freaking number in mind. You brought the darn thing. Don't make me throw out the first number. You're selling the thing. The booths don't make me guess the price.

3) The booths are tight. There are a lot of people. It's called deodorant. I shouldn't know when the same guy is around me by his stink without seeing him. Deodorant and soap are cheaper than gun stuff. If you can't afford them don't come to the show, you stinkin' pig!

I feel better having vented. Have a nice day.

Dave

:bowrofl:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Was there for a few hours today, working a friend's booth.

Saw a few familiar BS faces, talked to a couple of new ones. The CROWD was nuts.

I saw another old friend there and we spoke on the phone after leaving and he said something that I had to shake my head at, cause I had been witnessing the same thing.

When people are there at the table, fingerf*cking the guns, when they pick one up, where does their finger immediately go? Thats right. On the trigger. WHY? Is this poor training? Do people just naturally touch the trigger when picking up a gun? Is there a magnet that draws the finger in?

Seeing this phenomenon, it's not hard to see how people either accidentally shoot themselves, or someone else.

LaRelicHunter

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs La
    I picked up a few things I needed. Found the Zombie stopper Eotech for 60 dollars less than anyone on line. Kenzie's Optics had some very good deals.
    Also meet some BS members and some other nice people.
    Fun Day

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I picked up a few things I needed. Found the Zombie stopper Eotech for 60 dollars less than anyone on line. Kenzie's Optics had some very good deals.
    Also meet some BS members and some other nice people.
    Fun Day

Hey, I was outside in the line, I remember meeting you. Did you get that Eotech from the guy with all the night vision stuff?

I did meet the Barking Irons folks. Worth a look if you are in the market for a pistol/rifle. They were very nice,

I did hear an obvious noob ask them some very noob-ish questions about AR rifles, and the platform overall. One of which was, "I see you have DPMS, are they reputable?" To which the salesman replied, " Yes, one of the best you can buy" :squint:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I did hear an obvious noob ask them some very noob-ish questions about AR rifles, and the platform overall. One of which was, "I see you have DPMS, are they reputable?" To which the salesman replied, " Yes, one of the best you can buy" :squint:

I think that is a relative term used very loosely. ;)

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I went today around 1:30 and brought my M4 1-7 twist barrel assm and traded it for a DPMS M4 in 1-9 straight up. The guy @ Blades & Barrels swapped with me after his female help said she didn't have any M4 barrels. I tried to get a top railed gas block for my build and everyone including this guy was kinda high so I passed on it. Other than that wasn't too much for me to get excited about. My son did buy a knife and I bought a A2 birdcage for my project too.

Bam Bam

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    We never did go today. Ended up going to Jims Firearms. One of my friends bought an S&W SD9VE, another a used S&W .41 Magnum, and I bought an ACS-L stock for my AR15.

From what I'm reading here I would have spent practically as much at Lamar and drove twice as far :lol:

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I took my son yesterday. It was packed. Went looking to the guy that sells the nice leather belts but he wasn't there. Looked at picking up some ammo and ar mags but ended up going to Cabala's and saw that the prices there were only 2-3 dollars cheaper than the show.

One good thing did come out of it. I have been looking to pick up a .22 pistol for my son. He was able to feel a couple of different ones and let me know which one felt right.

Top Bottom