gunshow at lamar tomorrow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Got there about 11:00 with my son. Prices high. Too many people in there. I thought I might buy some ammo but didn't feel like dealing with the crowds anymore for a small savings. I'll pay more to have delivered to my front door and not have to deal with gun shows.

The booths are tight. There are a lot of people. It's called deodorant. I shouldn't know when the same guy is around me by his stink without seeing him. Deodorant and soap are cheaper than gun stuff. If you can't afford them don't come to the show, you stinkin' pig!

I feel better having vented. Have a nice day.

Dave

AMEN TO THAT! I worked from 3:30 to 7:30 that morning and still smelled like soap and deodorant. Their were def some ripe individuals there.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    negative, I was the guy slugging around the tan Storm case for about 30 minutes, hassling all the dealers that had anything with "HK" printed on it. I was shocked to see a MARK 23, oddly enough at a dealer known for selling HK's with missing S/N's...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Honestly, I haven't been to what I'd call a "good" gun show in these parts since they used to hold them Downtown in what was then known as the Centroplex.

So what gives? Why have guns shows become so.....crappy? :confused:

Have most of the smaller shops abandoned them because they just aren't worth the hassle? Or is it that they are concentrating more on internet-based sales, perhaps?

I agree with most of you. Other than getting to see a few familiar faces once in a while, there just isn't any real incentive to attend many of the local flea markets-(ahem)- gun shows here lately....:dunno:

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    around 1:30 I saw some serious mall ninjas entering the building complete with knee pads and hydration packs

LaRelicHunter

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs La
    Hey, I was outside in the line, I remember meeting you. Did you get that Eotech from the guy with all the night vision stuff?

I did hear an obvious noob ask them some very noob-ish questions about AR rifles, and the platform overall. One of which was, "I see you have DPMS, are they reputable?" To which the salesman replied, " Yes, one of the best you can buy" :squint:

Yes I did save some money on a Eotech about 70 less than CTD...
    Missed the noob asking questions? Lol

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    around 1:30 I saw some serious mall ninjas entering the building complete with knee pads and hydration packs

That's awesome!

My favorite guy was dress in Vietnam jungle fatigues, boonie hat, and white reeboks. His son (maybe grandson about 15 years old) was dress in a 1980's era BDU without the hat and also tennis shoes.

A couple of years ago a saw a guy in a complete Wehrmacht uniform. To my untrained eye he was complete and accurate.

Dave

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    The coverage of the U.N. SAT seems to have driven a lot of people to the show. Normally it is sort of small crowd wise, but jeez it was packed. That said, still walked out with an AR because.....well, who needs a reason for a new AR?

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Honestly, I haven't been to what I'd call a "good" gun show in these parts since they used to hold them Downtown in what was then known as the Centroplex.

Have most of the smaller shops abandoned them because they just aren't worth the hassle? Or is it that they are concentrating more on internet-based sales, perhaps?

I agree with most of you. Other than getting to see a few familiar faces once in a while, there just isn't any real incentive to attend many of the local flea markets-(ahem)- gun shows here lately....:dunno:

I think this is your answer OleHeat........:doh:

This was the worst gunshow I've been to. I will not be returning, unless I have some cheap crap to sell off.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La

++++ 1, I dont think there ever will be gunshows like that again!!!

Top Bottom