Gunsmith in Louisiana that specializes in CZ’s???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Bought a CZ 83 from Mr.Don at Topper world in Gretna (DBMJR1) but the sear spring r something in the trigger is broke. Which I’ve found is a common issue with this gun. Asked for my money back but he refuses so now I’m stuck with it. I’d try to fix it but this gun is just too complicated. Anyone know a good gunsmith that is good with Cz’s? I’d appreciate any help I can get. Thank y’all

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bought a CZ 83 from Mr.Don at Topper world in Gretna (DBMJR1) but the sear spring r something in the trigger is broke. Which I’ve found is a common issue with this gun. Asked for my money back but he refuses so now I’m stuck with it. I’d try to fix it but this gun is just too complicated. Anyone know a good gunsmith that is good with Cz’s? I’d appreciate any help I can get. Thank y’all

Did you meet with him after the sale to show him the problem?

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Did you meet with him after the sale to show him the problem?
    Yes sir I did but the malfunction only happens when u squeeze the trigger in single action. When I gave it to him he pulled the trigger quickly and the hammer dropped and he said there isn’t anything wrong with it. I didnt want to continually dry fire the gun so I ordered some snap caps and got them in this morning. I sent him a video of what it’s doing and he said it didn’t do it when he tried it so he won’t refund my money

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yes sir I did but the malfunction only happens when u squeeze the trigger in single action. When I gave it to him he pulled the trigger quickly and the hammer dropped and he said there isn’t anything wrong with it. I didnt want to continually dry fire the gun so I ordered some snap caps and got them in this morning. I sent him a video of what it’s doing and he said it didn’t do it when he tried it so he won’t refund my money
    Generally dry firing only shouldnt be done with rimfire. I am unaware of any centerfire problems with it on the CZ's.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

So you're saying you discovered an issue that he could not reproduce. And you chose to not reproduce it in his presence because you didn't want to dry fire it too much?

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    So you're saying you discovered an issue that he could not reproduce. And you chose to not reproduce it in his presence because you didn't want to dry fire it too much?
    No sir he had snap caps in the gun. When he was doing it and it didn’t happen he asked what’s the problem?? It’s working fine. I had took it home and cleaned it after and said I guess since I cleaned it it’s ok. And I was aggravated and wanted 2 get out of there. I took it home and tried it and it done it again and texted him. But I didn’t want 2 continually dry fire the gun 2 do a video 2 show him because it doesn’t do it every time. So I ordered snap caps off of Amazon and got them this morning. I put them n and shot a video and sent it 2 him. I bought 2 guns from him and spent $900. The other gun is fine. This one isn’t

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Since he had snap caps, could you have reproduced the issue in front of him without dry firing it?
    Well yes sir I’m sure I could have but after the way he acted and the way I was treated about it I thought it’s b best 2 leave because I was angry. So do u think it best 2 try and recreate it right there r leave and cool down as 2 not make things worse?? I waited several weeks 4 him 2 even let me bring the gun 4 him 2 look at. I shot the gun on a Sunday and immediately texted him and said it’s malfunctioning. He said we will go 2 the gun range the following Sunday. Well something came up and I couldn’t go that Sunday. I told him I don’t know why I can’t just come bring it 2 u at the shop because I knew he had snap caps and he could look at it there. He agreed and that’s what we did and this is what happened. I have text and everything 2 prove all this

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The sale of the firearm would be a civil agreement. The site cannot make someone buy something and the site cannot make someone accept a return. That being said, we don't want on the site people who sell item with disclosing a problem with it or people who make up problems because they regret their purchase and the site has a selfish interest in making sure they are not participating on the site. I'm not suggesting either one is what's going on here. I've seen where the decocking thing has been reported before but most of the reports seem to be when more pressure is applied to the right or the left side when pulling the trigger.

At this point, I can offer a couple of suggestions.
    -Contact the seller and figure out a date and time where you can meet somewhere so you can reproduce the problem. You may consider filming that meeting.
    -Find a legit gunsmith familiar with CZ's to look at it and determine if there's a problem and, if so, document the problem is. Present that to the seller and see if he will give you your money back.
    -Get an estimate from the gunsmith for fixing the handgun. If the seller in not willing to refund all of your money, perhaps he will refund enough to fix the handgun to what you felt you were buying. In some of the stuff online, the fix was in the $60-100 range.

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    The sale of the firearm would be a civil agreement. The site cannot make someone buy something and the site cannot make someone accept a return. That being said, we don't want on the site people who sell item with disclosing a problem with it or people who make up problems because they regret their purchase and the site has a selfish interest in making sure they are not participating on the site. I'm not suggesting either one is what's going on here. I've seen where the decocking thing has been reported before but most of the reports seem to be when more pressure is applied to the right or the left side when pulling the trigger.

At this point, I can offer a couple of suggestions.
    -Contact the seller and figure out a date and time where you can meet somewhere so you can reproduce the problem. You may consider filming that meeting.
    -Find a legit gunsmith familiar with CZ's to look at it and determine if there's a problem and, if so, document the problem is. Present that to the seller and see if he will give you your money back.
    -Get an estimate from the gunsmith for fixing the handgun. If the seller in not willing to refund all of your money, perhaps he will refund enough to fix the handgun to what you felt you were buying. In some of the stuff online, the fix was in the $60-100 range.
    Yes sir. Thank u

Top Bottom