Guy who sang about killing Americans to perform at Christmas in Washington?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's a charity event. The more people that come the more money they make. He has the most viewed YouTube Vid of all time. He seems to be a draw. Christmas isn't an American Tradition.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I saw Hanoi Jane try to "take it back" on CBS Sunday Morning a while back. I'm not buying it. You did it, you said it, you own it. I wouldn't **** on her if she were on fire.

I would. I mean I don't pee enough at a time to put her out so peeing on her while on fire is kind of a TWOfer :mamoru:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Maynard ain't exactly a right wing conservative.

A lot of the lyrics in music I listen to is in direct opposition to my views. It's just entertainment. Lyrics stopped influencing me when I was like 16.
    Probably not, but he sure isn't rallying support to free a cop-murderer either. 98% of the entertainment industry are leftist pinko-commie fags,that's why I listen to mostly EDM now. Just computer generated beats. :)

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Maynard ain't exactly a right wing conservative.

A lot of the lyrics in music I listen to is in direct opposition to my views. It's just entertainment. Lyrics stopped influencing me when I was like 16.

Sure, but he still shouldn't have been invited to this event.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    wow...

anyway;

I thought Christmas was a Religious Holiday observed Worldwide by 10s of Millions of people. Am I mistaken? Are Coptic Christians in Ethiopia observing a different holiday? Jane Fonda was an American Citizen. Very different. This dumbass whatever his name is is a Korean Citizen and was protesting American Troops in Korea. It's actually a fairly popular sentiment in the ROK. If you tried to have a Charity event without inviting entertainers who had said and done dumb regrettable **** it would be a short line-up.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I thought Christmas was a Religious Holiday observed Worldwide by 10s of Millions of people. Am I mistaken? Are Coptic Christians in Ethiopia observing a different holiday?

It is, but that doesn't make it not an American Tradition?

Christmas has been an American Tradition for 200 years. Surely you've noticed that most all businesses close on Christmas Day right? That's not b/c Christmas is NOT an American Tradition ;)

C'mon dude, what's your angle?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's a charity event. If they make money for worthy causes who cares. Too bad they can't replace him with Trace Adkins...oh wait he's a wife beater. What about Al Green? Drug Addict And Adulterer. They are entertainers not Role Models who cares. Do your dumb dance and make a charity some money. And know I can't remember the last time I was home and off for Christmas so I didn't realize everything closed.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It is, but that doesn't make it not an American Tradition?

Christmas has been an American Tradition for 200 years. Surely you've noticed that most all businesses close on Christmas Day right? That's not b/c Christmas is NOT an American Tradition ;)

C'mon dude, what's your angle?

I don't think he has an angle, he's saying it's not like like Xmas is an exclusively American holiday. It didn't even originate here. So implying only an American should be allowed to perform doesn't really make sense. The same logic would apply for New Years, etc. I would get your point more if it was Veterans Day, Independence Day...

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    For the record I was deep in The GWOT when The Dixie Chicks got jazzy about the president and I would still have brought the baby oil to the 4-way. I guarantee you you would struggle to find a mainstream entertainer without baggage. Ha my auto correct wanted to say vaggage!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So implying only an American should be allowed to perform doesn't really make sense.

That's mere opinion.

IMO 'Christmas In Washington' is a big American event in the American Capitol.

Seem logical to have an American Performer.

Evidently not to all though. Seems many things are in change these days. I know plenty of ol' vets who think it's ridiculous that a Korean who spoke of killing Americans is performing not only in America, but in the American Capitol and for a Holiday even such as Christmas. If you can't see that pathetic Irony then surely they'll be no understanding here.

That's all I have to say really. You either get it or you don't. :dunno:

Top Bottom